Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The D'Rillalocienciaparawindiegoamariolloa Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: The D'Rillalocienciaparawindiegoamariolloa Rose (Pronounced: Dee-Ree-Yah-Loh-See-In-See-Yah-Pah-Rah-Wehn-Dee-Eh-Go-Ah-Mah-Ree-Oh-Loh-Ah), "The D'Rilla Rose" For short

Homeworld: Hellgotha

Development Thread: None

Average Measurements:
Height: As small as one foot (12 in/1 ft) to 5'3" depending on growing space

Width: As thin as 3 inches to 2 feet depending on growing space
Weight: 7 ounces
Cultivation Requirements: An extremely hardy plant, The D'Rilla requires very little care. It grows best in dry, arid soil with few nutrients and needs little water or sunlight. It does, however, require a diet of small insects. At least two a day to be exact.

Strengths:

Tough: It doesn't take much for The D'Rilla to grow as it can survive and thrive in harsh conditions that would kill most other plants
Generous: The D'Rilla is not a true rose, but a succulent plant. This means it stores water inside of its thick, fleshy leaves. If broken, the viscous clear gel within the leaves can be applied to hair and dried to give it a glossy, sightly sheen. If applied completely over the hair, it could make it both fire resistant and waterproof along with giving it a pleasant exotic scent. Though unlike most other hair gels, it doesn't stiffen the hair into any particular shape, so it can't really be used for styling. Furthermore, it gives hair a slippery, friction-less feel that's nigh impossible to grasp or comfortably fondle/fiddle with. The gel, due to its waterproof properties, cannot be rinsed or washed off so the wearer will have to wait a period of 48 hours standard time for the gel to wear off and disappear. Finally, if the watery liquid within the phytotelma is applied to a wound, it can act like a natural form of rubbing alcohol, speeding healing by (rather painfully) disinfecting the wound.

Weaknesses:
Stubborn: If its needs are not met and is malnourished/neglected (made evident by the plant suddenly gaining brighter colors inside its phytotelma in an attempt to attract insects better and the plant becoming wrinkled and thin), it will yield less gel and will have less of a scent.

Immature: The plant takes a long time to fully mature, needing half an entire year regardless of size.
Picky: The D'Rilla is very picky about how it is used. If ingested, the gel within could prove extremely bitter and poisonous to most near-human species. Symptoms include forceful vomiting, sweating, breathlessness and fatigue. In this case, poisonous does not mean fatal, as it will be flushed out swiftly by any fully functioning immune system. Unfortunately, this cannot be weaponized as the liquid within the leaves is far too thick to be administered via needle or macro-dart.

Distinctions: The D'Rilla is a rather simple plant by design. It is stemless; its roots connect directly to the round base of the oddly hourglass shaped phytotelma. At the top of said water body are small, thin petal-like leaves that snap shut over the opening between them once an insect is caught. When this happens, the leaves form what looks like a small "head" proportional to the hourglass "body" that supports it. Surrounding these small leaves are the much larger and thicker leaves that store the gel form a sort of wide, up-turned "collar". The D'Rilla comes in a variety of colors with a variety of patterns, all of them anthocyanin

Average Growth Cycle: 6 months to fully grow
Average Life: When properly cared for, The D'Rilla can live up to 10 years. As this plant is poisonous to eat, no attempts have been made to harvest it.

Nutritional Value: N/A

History: Named after a girl he used to know, Andreas discovered a small version of The D'Rillalocienciaparawindiegoamariolloa Rose when he was passing through the outer ring of Hellgotha. It apparently had adapted to the environment there because it was growing out of a crack in a duracrete sidewalk. It was one of the exceedingly rare signs of life that Hellgotha had on it before it became a prison planet. Curious, the Firrerreo took the plant with him in his escape and after getting the scientists of The Eye to work for him, he had them study and cultivate it. He now uses it for his hair.
Intent: The primary objective for this plant is to make it safer for Andreas to wear his long hair out the way he does. This way he can keep his style without it being a constant hazard in the many fights he'll be having as a bounty hunter.

I originally made a joking statement about the odd nickname for this flower, "The D".

However, I was just informed that I was going to receive a warning point for making such a joke. As such, I am removing the original comment and adding in this explanation.

I apologize for whatever inconvenience I made.

[member="Bloodknight"]

Due to the rather inappropriate nature of this submission, along with the several innuendos -- some of which are not at all subtle -- I am afraid I will have to deny this. Please do not submit such things onto a PG-13 website where writers of all ages, some of which quite young, frequent.

This submission is denied.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Bloodknight"]
After much consideration I am going to agree with my judge here. This submission is not at all subtle in its innuendo, and I'm very keen for the site rules regarding inappropriate content be upheld.
Therefore, this is denied, but if you choose to second chance this in a more suitable manner I will consider it favourably. At its base there's nothing wrong with this sub.

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]
Please do not post in subs not of your authorship. PM myself or the CJ involved. This is your only warning.

Denied.

@[member='Valiens Nantaris'], @[member='[FONT=tahoma][URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/2900-ilias-nytrau/"]Ilias Nytrau[/URL]'][/FONT]

I feel like adding another ability to this plant. Like if you roll it up and smoke it like a cigar, it freshens breath and enhances colors (like a deathstick) at the cost of being highly addictive (like a deathstick). Or would it be best to save that for another plant?

[member="Bloodknight"]

Save it for another plant. This plant already isn't nice if you eat it, so I don't imagine it'd go favourably if you inhaled it.

Alright, could you put a space between 'Strengths' and 'Weaknesses', and another between 'Weaknesses' and 'Distinctions'? Thanks.

[member="Bloodknight"]

My sincerest apologies for the wait - life is unexpected, sometimes. Heck, most of the time.

Alright, here's what I have for you next: your template is missing fields. Please look at the original flora template and re-add any fields you removed, and put N/A for content if you have no use for those fields. The templates are not to be altered; you would do well to remember this in the future.

[member="Bloodknight"]

Excellent. Once again, my apologies for the wait. It's been the week were everything decided to fail at work - thankfully it happened now, rather than at the height of busy season, or on a weekend, which is when these things usually happen. Regardless, 9+ hour days are not kind to anything in my life outside of my paycheque.

Ahem. Now.

This looks much better than what we started with, and I personally see no problems with this plant as it is now. So that being said, I will place a pending approval stamp on this and send it off to [member="Valiens Nantaris"].

I thank you for your patience, and the Codex thanks you for your patronage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom