Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Devil's Advicate

Sometimes, There were different tasks needed to be done for those who had a different desire. One, was for the pure art of killing. Another was causing fear within others. Many were just to have power around every turn. And this woman seemed to have it all. She was known for her ability to kill, maim, cheat, steal, and even cause fear in some people without powers of the force. However, due to the death of her parents, it seemed like she was someone who would be interesting to look into.

With the recent calling of the Dark Jedi, and many numbers of Sith rising into the light of the galaxy. It was not hard to find apprentices. However, it was harder to find willing masters to teach these people with the force. Hence why I found her sitting in my office upon Arkania. I had sent a message to her to meet me. Now that she was here, I could see why many people found her attractive, as well as deadly.

"You seek to find a reason behind the death of your parents. You want to find a reason why you are good at what you do. Then follow me, and you will find that reason."

Standing up, I motioned for her to leave her seat, and follow me. Leading her through the hallway, I continued to speak to her as I opened a few doors to enter a rather small room.

"You are someone who has powers of the force. While now they are untrained, You will soon find that the abilities you have are yours to control."

Turning around, I smiled slyly at the woman.

"Today, I am going to teach you about controlling your emotions."

[member="Linalia Soft"],

Many events had transpired since Lina had murdered her parents. She had lived a glorious life. With only the best. She stayed in the nicest places, ate the most wonderful meals. And all the while, she had not spent a thing. No, in fact she had managed to find herself into a very large sum of money through her exploits. A few million credit's worth in fact. And through all of this, she decided to educate herself in the galaxy. The politics of it all. It didn't take long to discover the fact that there were many factions competing against each other for power.

Linalia learned then about the Force. Learning about the Force she learned that some of these factions were in fact dedicated to using the Force in battle. Right away, Lina knew that the vile Republics were no friends of hers. She may very well in fact be sinking sharp objects into their necks as they scream in terror.

And so that is how, through some digging, she finally found herself in this small room with a very attractive man. "Alright pretty boy," she said, walking slowly toward him, placing the fingertips of one hand against his chest. "What exactly shall you have me do?"

[member="Nick Imura"]

I smiled as the woman pressed her fingers on my chest. Her warm touch could be felt through my black shirt, however, I grabbed her wrist and let her hand be taken off of me. My words almost seemed to be filled with disgust. Considering that I was years beyond her, I looked younger than I was. In fact, I was closer to the age her father was, than she was to me.

"A pretty boy I may look, but I am far from just pretty, or just a boy."

My words were directed to show I was not just someone to toy with like she had with others. Someone to seduce with her powers of fluttery eyes and a sweet voice. This siren was not going to force me to wash upon her shores.

"You see, you lack something I have. And that is experience. Experience to control yourself, and harness yourself to become a rather deadly foe."

Igniting the hand at my side, I brought my left hand up. Engulfed in flames that did not harm me. Nor burned my skin. Almost as though water was being poured over my hand. I flicked the flames between both of my hands, and then threw it at the girl. Whether she was hit by it, stopped, it, or dodged it in some shape or form, She would learn fast I would not be kind.

"Use the anger, and hate to fuel your strength. However, don't stop there. Use passion and your lust to keep the flames you will soon control alive."

"Show me your emotions"

[member="Linalia Soft"]

Intereseting, a resilient man. These were few and far between. But she would play. If, at least for now. Most men found her irresistible, especially when she turned on her "charm." But no matter. As her new mentor raised up hi hand, fire engulfing it, Linalia prepared herself. Though she was here to learn from a master of the Force, she still had no idea who he was. She had no idea if this man was trustworthy. Most people were not.

As the fire came roaring toward her face, she twirled and sidestepped at the same time, making a dodge look like a very lady-like thing to do. Though, she had been a touch too slow and she smelled a few strands of hair had gotten singed. "Oh dear. You burnt my hair. How unfortunate. I put so much effort into this. Please don't go and ruin it." Lina smiled at the man, but her eyes were dead serious. She quickly used her hands to comb it all back in place. Inside, she was seething with rage. The next time he tried anything like that, Linalia would be prepared.

"You have put me in control now that I have something to fight for," she said, stroking her hair once again.

[member="Nick Imura"]

Well that was different. Not really what I expected with the idea of showing me emotion. Her reaction to my throwing of fire was tossed aside. She dodged it, but singed her hair. I wasn't intending it to be undodgeable. However, she seemed more annoyed than angry. However, I smiled as her look towards me was one asking for me to do it again. As she spoke the second time. I gathered another ball of flames.

"I will ruin your hair all I like. If you still want your pretty face after this, then stop the fire."

Once again, I threw a fire ball at her. This time, intending to hit her in the head.

[member="Linalia Soft"]

As the fire barreled toward her face, Linalia gathered up the Force in her. She moved to the side, releasing it in a wave. The fire got knocked off it's path as she moved to the side, her eyes glowing with anger. Having fire thrown at you was something that didn't make most people happy. But she understood that this would probably be a crucial part of her training. In fact, is was trying in an art that she would need for the rest of her life: not dying. So she put up with it. And she would continue to. "Alright, love. Keep them coming," she growled at him with an evil smile on her face.

[member="Nick Imura"]

Oh was she really trying to call me love? Shaking my head as she once more dodged my attacks and fronts towards her. I had to smile. I could feel her getting angry at me for doing this. Well, then lets turn of the heat a little. I had to smile at the little pun, so I had to say it out loud to her as both of my hands were now throwing flaming darts at her left and right. Throwing a total of four of them.

"Oh come on, lets turn up the heat, and hit eleven."

[member="Linalia Soft"]

She smiles the Devil's smile. This man was charming. And quite the trainer. He wasn't going easy on her. Before the bolts reached her, she prepared herself, letting the Force rise up inside her. Linalia gathered as much power as she could. Then, put every bit of it into her hands, preparing for the onslaught. For the first two, she extended both of her hands, pushing them out of the way to each side of her. The second she dodged, and for the final, she let it almost reach her. It came close, and at the last second she gathered a barrier of Force in her hands, catching the fire for a brief second before throwing it into the ground in front of her.

Sweat began to form on her head. This was difficult work. But she assumed that before they finished, she would be covered in sweat. But from here, she would learn so much.

[member="Nick Imura"]

"Good, Good job."

I started clapping for her rather sarcastically as she had defended against my fronts once more. This time using the force to defend herself from the blasts. I shook my head as I started to circle around her.

"How about this. Defend against what you cannot see."

The lights in the room would turn off. Leaving us in a pitch black environment. I took a hold of my jacket and took it off. Letting only the T-shirt stay on. I continued to walk around with letting my boots resonate within the room. And firing once more, four more darts of flame at her. Only this time, I sped them up. Increasing the speed, and making the darts of fire a little more condensed.

[member="Linalia Soft"]

"Honey, the dark is where people like us thrive. While you may have had more practice with it, I am still at home with the lights turned down low," she purred. She felt his movements. But it was difficult to stay updated on his movements at all times. Then light from the fire started reflecting off the walls. It wasn't that bright, but enough that Lina whipped around just as a bolt was coming at her. She stepped sideways quickly, the bolt barely scrapping by. She felt it's heat against her body.

The second was soon after. She managed to collect enough Force to shove it aside quickly. The third she gathered, using another barrier of Force in her hands before shooting it straight toward a wall. As it zoomed toward the wall, she caught the faint outline of Nick. The forth bolt she gathered up in her hands again, but this time she used the Force she had collected to defend against it to shoot it where she last saw Nick.

[member="Nick Imura"]

The firebolt whizzed past me from where I had once been standing. The light sliding by me, only to swing around my body about head level. It swung around for a moment before lashing out at the woman once more. She could clearly see where I was at that time. Her comment though, The dark is where people thrived? Eh, close but not quite.

"Wrong. Darkness is where we gain our power. We do not thrive in darkness. We bolster, strengthen, and are molded by the darkness to come into the light. Darkness is not everything. Darkness is not the answer. Some, need the light."

A small flame would be held in my hand. Exposing my face even more.

"What you have to find, is the light that allows you to control not just the dark."

Tossing the fire towards her instead of just shooting it.

"Control it."

[member="Linalia Soft"]

Linalia listened to his words. Despite burning a bit of her hair, he was wise. She knew his words were correct. Her understanding of the Force was still so rudimentary. Precisely why she was here. "I see your point. We all need the light, if only to see," she said. Lina took a moment to study the sculpted face of Nick. He was a pretty boy. But in a really manicured way. That wasn't saying much given the amount of work Lina put into her makeup and hair.

As Nick tossed the flame to her, she gathered up the barrier in her hands. She let it drop into her right hand. She could feel the heat. It was the only source of light in the room. The faint silhouette of Nick. She let it bounce around in her hand. It flickered and spat it's flames. It was almost beautiful. "Now what do I do with it?" she said distantly, her mind focused on the beauty of the dancing flames.

[member="Nick Imura"]

The heat can form you, shape you, and change you into a being that can be much more powerful than you can imagine. For those I teach, I find that many only learn the simplistic of tasks. The ability to move the fire as they wish. However, Shape it, is a matter in its own right. Pyrokinesis anybody could learn. Combustion, anybody can learn. However Shaping takes a more spiritual turn. Soon this lass will learn this as much as I have.

"The fire is yours to control. Shape it, form it. mold it to however you want."

To show her, the fires within her hand began to form an S shape. And shift into a snake that would hiss as the very flames themselves were alive. It would lash out once, and as it did, burst into a ball once more, and become a simple flame held within the palm of her hand. I could see the reflection of the sweat from her brow, and even see the heat causing her hand to turn red.

"First, you must stop the heat from reaching your hand. Manipulate the flames all you like, but the heat, will still kill you."

[member="Linalia Soft"]

The heat was moving deeper into her hand. Fire contained so much power, the very essence of it was destruction. It served no other purpose. But this man made it seem like art. An art Lina wanted to learn. She focused on the flame and the temperature of her body. She pushed the heat out. It would only damage her. She moved all the heat and energy back into the flame. It danced in her hand as Nick controlled it. Moving with such fines.

The extra heat from the flame left her body. She then grabbed onto the flame in her hand using the Force. Lina added more energy to it, willing it to expand and grow. This was difficult, it was a different type of energy she had to use to control it. The flame flickered in anger. It was like a beast being broken. Linalia knew her will was stronger than its. She knew that she could make it do whatever she wanted. Finally it grew. Not much, but enough to notice.

Now to move it. She held up her other hand. She grasped the flame again and willed it to move left to her other hand. It was a bit of a slow process. But finally it crossed that grasp. She made sure to contain the heat within the fire still to avoid burning her other hand. "I would say I have a base level of control now."

[member="Nick Imura"]

Base? No where near yet. Base power and understanding would be more along the lines of controlling the flame for long periods of time. Unlike now where she was asking about what to do with it. She didn't understand that your imagination was the limit of your powers. There were so many things you could do. Hell, I have seen lasers fired from eyes, and people flying faster than the speed of sound with the force. Controlling fire felt like nothing, but it was something that became an art over the years.

"You have only scratched the surface."

Moving towards her, I let my hand slide under hers. Rather soft skin, but nothing I haven't felt before. I then had another hand resting just above the flames.

"Fire shaping is not the art of controlling the flames, or moving them, but shaping them to your will."

The flames would begin to form into a twister, and then mold into a cylinder, then change once more into a burning statue of a man holding his "guns" up. Once more changing into a smile, and even forming into a skull. Leaving the skull formation there, I continued to speak.

"Shaping these flames is not as easy as moving them, or even creating them. Shaping is an art, and is spiritual at the same time."

I let the flames slowly form back into a simple ball with the tongues of oranges, whites, reds, and yellows fade slowly as I continued,

"You will learn that even with a destructive power as this, there is something more than meets the eye."

[member="Linalia Soft"]

Linalia was mesmerized by the shapes made in the flame. His voice sounded deep in her ears. It was time for her to take her turn at shaping. Lina backed away from Nick, keeping the flame above her hand. She was going to go for something simple. A circle. She grabbed ahold of the flame. First she let some of the fire go out, making less of it hovering above her hand.

Lina started from the center, forcing the flame outward, pushing it toward the edge of the sphere, slowly squeezing it in, trying to form a doughnut. The flames moved slowly, the transformation from sphere to doughnut took about four or five minutes of pure silence as the flames formed the circle. Finally she got it to where she wanted it. The flames melded to her will. "Not as fancy as what you do, but it's something. How do I get it to listen to me better? To bend to my will instantly like you."

[member="Nick Imura"]

The woman began to do her own work upon the flame. I let her take a step back and begin to shape the flame. Move it to her desire. Albeit slowly, she created a circle from the flames that wanted to rise up with the heat that created it. I watched and smiled when she finally did it. And then asked me how I did it. Shaking my head, she could see me through the light of the flames.

"I have had over twenty years of training to control the arts of fire. I can do this because of practice, dedication, and willingness to give up what you want."

The circle of flames she had formed in her hand were slowly being shaped. Moving as I spoke. It twisted itself into a knot. Keeping obvious distance between the flames.

"Molding the flames isn't just shaping what is here in your hands, but is what you control in your emotions. You cannot be powerful in the flame, if you are doubting your self. You cannot control the flames should you waver in your determination. Show me what else you can do."

[member="Linalia Soft"]

Linalia looked at the knot. He was challenging her. When he first started challenging her, she became angry, but now there was a spiritual clarity within the flame. It wasn't so much a will of Force as it was a will of art. And art she would create. this knot would be untied. Latching onto the flame, she was careful to keep the form as she moved one end of the knot backwards through a hole. It slid rather slowly, but faster than it took to form her circle.

As the end cleared the hole, she slowly straightened out he end she was dealing with before tackling the loop that was remaining. She decided to challenge herself. She used both ends of the rope remaining and pulled on the both of them, finally making the rope become fully straight. As soon as she was done, she looked back at Nick for his guidance and approval.

[member="Nick Imura"]

I watched as the young woman took the twisting fire that I had made in her hand, and began to make a knot out of it. I watched with some fascination as she began to take the two twirling ends of flame and made the knot successfully. She did a rather well job, However, I wanted to see more. I kept a straight face as she made the knot come undone by pulling on the two. Standing there without any kind of expression. A Pokerface if you will.

"Do it again."

I had watched the way she made the knot, and did it as well, only, I made the knot in about a second, and then pulled on them the same way. However now, I upped the antie.

"Faster, and you must do it, without touching the flames whatsoever."

Showing her, I did the same process over again, however, I had my arms at my side. Not even moving as I performed the task. I now set it before her. If she wanted to excel, she would have to find her breaking point. A pivotal moment in her training, and surpass it. Much like exercising, you had to find your limit. Then exced it by performing the feat over and over again and again to become stronger. This, is how I would break her.

[member="Linalia Soft"]

All the rage within Linalia rose up. To shape fire was an ability that required effort and concentration and practice. Over and over again. She dropped her hands to her sides, like Nick was doing. With renewed energy, she grasped ahold of the flame through the Force, keeping her hands by her sides. The only medium she needed was her mind and her rage.

The flames began moving again, faster this time. They were a bit sporadic and were less controlled, but they moved easier and more fluid like. Linalia sensed that he was pushing her hard. But she was determined to keep pace with his regime. Both ends of the fire moved at the same time. They flickered a little bit as she was trying to keep ahold of all of it at the same time. The flame formed itself into a knot. Fairly neat and tidy if Lina did say so herself.

Now that is was in position, she just let it rest in that position, the flickering stopped. "I know you're trying to push me," she said to Nick, "But so help me, I will do anything you tell me to do. One way or another." Sweat was really beading on her forehead now. She rose a hand up and flicked away the sweat, all the while the flame stayed perfectly still.

[member="Nick Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom