Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Descent

It was a Lambda-class T-4a shuttle, the kind of transport shuttle used to carry troops or officers of the Empire during the reign of Emperor Palpatine. It was not some cheap replica either, knocked off by some Toydarian or some other less-than-reputable species to complete some poor collector's antique Galactic Empire memorabilia slowly collecting dust in some forgotten bunker deep within the Inner Rim! No, this puppy was the real thing, dug up by our greasy rodian pilot here, Baljoba-something-or-other, and refurbished. A roughly EIGHT-HUNDRED year-old piece of junk, "repaired" by some bootleg technician who does not seem to know the difference between a hyperdrive and a jawa. By the time the ion engine coughed to life with a jolt and the shuttle shakily ascended into the atmosphere, Valpo had largely accepted that it would be unlikely he would ever touch ground again.

They were heading deeper into the Core, Valpo so he could join one faction or another to fight, Baljoba-whatever because Valpo had pointed a rifle at his head and told him to do so. However, the moment Valpo laid his eyes upon the derelict vessel, he soon regretted his decision. The radiator heat sinks were clogged with centuries of dirt and dust, the power cells for the shield (the ORIGINAL power cells, mind you) were so burnt out they had fused into the aligning metal, and the cockpit, oh may the Force be with us, the cockpit was one-hundred-percent trashed. The gunner station had been completed removed, splayed wires stretched out like hands, pleading for the sweet relief of death, corpses of a centuries-worth of rodents decomposed in heaps along the perimeter of the engineering station, and the pilot's station had been seemingly beaten back by a hammer to accommodate the ship's extra-hefty new owner.

If there was any unforgivable sin to the entirety of this journey, however, it would be the "custom" surround sound established in the main cabin. No matter how many times Valpo threatened him, no matter how many warning shots were fired into the vast and vacant passenger cabin, no matter how much he screamed, nothing would stop Baljoba-blah from blasting Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes. As the hours began to slip away, and Valpo in and out of consciousness, that single song slowly echoed from the crusty speakers, and the sounds of kloo horns and fanfars became slowly more and more distant. Then, there was nothing.

[member="Valpo Pavan"]

"SPARKLES.... IT NEEDS SPARKLES." There was the sound of Bundori as she was sitting there in the main area of the ship with her honor guard. The troopers wearing heavy armor and the black duraplast was covered in pinks and purples... then blues as one of them just stood there with his helmet on and glitter clinging to every section of his armor like a bomb had gone off. She had some glue and construction paper while they were traveling and transporting the daughter of Rakata beta and Soledads rulers. It was a great place for her and Minerva that could do a great thing with their soldiers as the multicolored ones who were painted on with rainbows and horses... Then there was a sound as klaxons were blaring and Bundori looked up at the soldiers were moving to scan the ship debris. They were searching for things and opened the hull to bring the debris in while her mohawked heavy trooper stood with a flame unit.

@Bundori

Valpo awoke to an thunderous bang, inhaling a globule of saliva as he gasped in surprise. With his good hand planted firmly on his black antiox mask he began to take in his surroundings, now clogged with smoke. Through the ashen darkness only the brief flashes of sparks illuminated the gloomy chamber, but it was enough to allow him to collect himself. The rodian was dead, scorched and slouched over his girth, and slightly smoking from when the control panel had apparently exploded in a cloud of debris. Thankfully, his bulk had shielded Valpo from the shrapnel, but the air filtration system had combusted along with the ion engine controls. Slowly the Imperial Shuttle shut down, locking Valpo in complete darkness.

"See?" Valpo cried, gesturing wildly to the invisible and nonexistent phantoms situated around the dark transport ship, "THIS is why I suggested a legal means of transportation! I told you, time and time again, it's like a karma system." He turned away, oblivious to the onset of certain death, trapped within a compact shuttle without a prolonged air supply. "You see, my friends, it's a simple problem we've encountered," he said as he clapped his hands together, pausing only to cough as he inhaled a thick amount of smoke. As he recovered he slowly crawled down to his hands and knees, to avoid to worst of the pollution, wheezing out a continuation of his speech, "We could have just PAID for a transport to Coruscant... but NO! You would not have it! We had to do it intertwined with the killing!" He coughed heavily, forcing the bile back down his through, then added, "Not anymore! Killing and transportation are now on separate levels. We are now... Grade A screw-"

He cut off as the ship jolted, caught on the gravitational pull of a nearby planet. Valpo slammed into a face plant but was still not phased by the present danger, instead fixated on his own conversation. In a rasp voice he replied to himself, "Idiot."

"Shut up, it's your fault we're here."

"I only suggested it, no one forced a gun to your head like you did to the pilot."

"This again? I told you, I tried asking."

"Asking with a gun to his head."

"People tend to cooperate more that way."

[member="Valpo Pavan"]

They were looking at what was there and Bundori tugged on the kama of one of the soldiers as she walked by. They were meant to protect her but... they really didn't want to lay a finger on the girl and risk hurting her... Her mother already ate people because she was bored if one of them actually did something that merited her ire... Fear crept while the girl spoke. "So did we find anything fun?" He looked at her for a moment and shook his head while he was looking to the other. THey had found nothing but there was a planet nearby and searching for survivors this close to sith space might prove useful. At least with her mother to interrogate or eat. "Well then lets go find them they might need help." The little girl went and pulled from her toy box a large sword as it revved. "We'll make them feel nice and better."

@Bundori

Slowly the T-4a vessel lurched into a descent, nearing a flame-bound collapse into the planet's atmosphere. Valpo, now cut short from his hallucinated argument with growing alarm, quickly made his way to the pilot's station. Patting his deceased kidnappee's charred form with brief affection, Valpo proceed to heave the monstrous corpse from the wide chair. Valpo propped himself up against the shattered dashboard, surveying the ruinous state of the cockpit. "Crap," he muttered as he slipped away from the panel. It was too obliterated by whatever that had overheated after centuries of neglect, and now in his most desperate hour of need, Valpo was running out of solutions.

Forced to worm about on his belly, lest he suffocate in the smoke-filled cabin, he crawled over to his deceased victim, Baljo-something. "Please, please, please," he groaned, stripping away at his dirty, smoking, synthcloth wife beater, exposing his scaly belly. He chocked back the rising bile and fell back onto his bottom in defeat, crossing his legs for meditation before the overwhelming layer of smoke forced him to retreat back to the floor. "I feel like a friggin' rodent down here," he exclaimed, scaling the decayed floor to collect his rifle, which had long since been discarded by the chair he had planned to rest at for the majority of journey. Rolling onto his back he rose Order as high above him as the smoke's visibility would allow, searching for scratches that might scrape away at the bleached white paint.

Pulling his attention away, Valpo felt defeated. He pulled Order close to his chest and hugging it tightly, like a child would a teddy bear, but the stiff stillness of his posture seemed more likened to that of a corpse, waiting to be buried. He gave a single exasperated sigh before his apparent final words, slow and drawn out, the forced humor absent in his voice, "I guess it was all for nothing, huh? The lives, the ambition, the effort..."

[member="Valpo Pavan"]

The ship was heading down towards the planet and Bundori was skipping around in the hanger area while she held her chainblade. The revving of it at the alchemically sharpened teeth bit into the floor creating sparks. The singing of her little song while her troopers were trying not to make a face and cringe at the volume but more then that they were trying not to laugh. As much as they hated it just like a kid bobbing you with a plastic bottle over and over might get a small laugh out of you so would her singing and making up words to songs she had heard.. sometimes singing it again with new words to what she made up... That served as a welcome distraction as the ship touched down and the doors opened while the troopers moved with the disruptor cannon and squad.

@Bundori

"This is why you can't just force your way through things, Valpo," he whispered to himself, once more in his unsettling, raspy voice. He shot up at this, hurling himself in a tremendous leap to his feet, disregarding the smoke, and fired off a few rounds of his ARC rifle, nearly piercing the ceiling and the main power reactor. "You can't just say that," he cried in reply, waving his weapon wildly about, blasting away at the rear end of the passenger cabin. "YOU were the one that insisted we take the rodian! You said a crazy person couldn't drive a ship!" He fired a few more shots at the rear, hitting the defense turret operation station. As he turned away, the panel exploded in a bright array of sparks and fractured metal, forcing him to dance back through the smoke.

He inhaled deeply from panic, bringing him to his knees as he began to cough out the smoke. "I'm going to quit smoking if I make it out alive," he said calmly, pulling himself upright. "You never smoked in the first place, idiot," Valpo replied to himself. Groaning in defeat, Valpo pulled himself into a moth-eaten chair, resting along the perimeter of the cabin, and bowed his head. "I might might just try to swim," he sighed. "The antiox mask, it lets me survive in space, right?"

"Yes, but that's not the most important problem, you'd still be dragged into whatever dump-of-a-planet-this-is' orbit. You either suffocate, or get lit on fire."

"Fire sounds more interesting, personally."

"Then what's stopping you?"

Nodding with approval, Valpo stretched out his left arm, blaster rifle and all, and began to unleash a hailstorm of energy bolts upon the already damaged defense station. The thin, antique, glass station that already wasn't obliterated was soon annihilated by the fire. Soon, after holding down the trigger, the gun clicked. Sighing, Valpo flipped a switch, allowing the heavy, modified bolt magazine to fall lazily to the floor with a clang. Dipping a hand into his robes, he removed an identical replacement, forcing it into the open slot of his rifle, and then resumed fire until a thunderous bang erupted across the vessel. The wall, from his side, seemed to implode as the metals and machinery were sucked out into the vacuum of space. As his ears painfully popped, he faltered for a second, before soon being torn out into the abyss.

Tightly clutching his rifle, thrown out above the atmosphere, a light bulb went off in his head.

"Wait a minute..."

"What?"

"Couldn't we have just FILTERED out the smoke?"

[member="Valpo Pavan"]

Bundori was looking at the world, taking it all in as there was smoke in the distance and sounds of battle or explosions or anything really and her troopers were moving up in front of her. The little girl held the blade as the chain revved and it sat the one side on her shoulder vibrating for her to carry. Her long pink bubblegum style hair bouncing while she skilled between the soldiers heading towards the ship with her big blue eyes drawn to the smoke going into the air.

@Bundori

Valpo spun about freely in the open space, his rifle clutched tightly to his breast by a misshapen hand. He stretched and flexed, desperately attempting to slow his movements to no avail. "I don't like this idea," he muttered. "I really think I should have just suffocated." He swapped hands with his weapon, firing off a few blank shots before closing his eyes, the bolts of energy drifting lazily off into space. "I agree, I wish you suffocated," he replied in his alternate voice. He perked up, shouting back at himself, "You know what?"

"What?"

"You aren't even real," he said matter-of-factually, stuffing his rifle between his thighs for a temporary holster before crossing his arms.

"Breaking the fourth wall, are we?"

Valpo turned his head in an effort to avert his gaze from himself, dryly whistling a monotone tune that echoed into the vast recess of empty space. However, his whistling seemed to die off slowly, as he steadily became aware of the silhouette of an approaching ship. "Finally," he muttered, after the past minutes of despair were nothing but a facade. "I thought they'd never come!"

"Who?"

"Shut up."

"Tell me."

"Quiet, you'll scare them away."

"You don't actually know who they are, do you?"

"Head-ghost," he muttered, slowly rapping his knuckles against his skull before hoisting his gun high above his head. "I SAID SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!" He began to fire rapidly into the air, spraying the darkness of space with a storm of red blasterfire. "SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!"

[member="Valpo Pavan"]

Bundori paused as she saw her soldiers stopping, the look of a ship between their armor while she walked around to ones side. Her blade clutched in her hand as they raised weapons and started moving forward. Armor gleaming in the sun and opening the ramp beofre going in and one held an arm out to bar her from going in. "Just wait a moment back here master..." The woman said it like she had to more then wanted to which made her upset but not upset enough to go after her. Instead the little girl was watching and waiting to see what would come from inside the ship... or if it had presents.

@Bundori

Valpo shot off a few more rounds from his rifle, floating in the infinite vacuum of space, before calming. His drift towards the planet was lazy, but quite apparent, but he seemed unconcerned by his impending hellish descent. Instead he inhaled sharply and watched the ship through his ghastly, goggled eyes. "Think they see me," he proclaimed sourly, swatting at the empty air as if to slap his phantom partner. "Told you, we're getting out of this two hundred and fifty-five percent perfect and okay."

"I don't recall you ever saying that to me."

"Then you should listen better, sourpuss."

"Whose a sourpuss? You were just throwing a temper tantrum like some little brat!"

"I'll kill you."

"Try it."

"I will."

"Do it."

"Not kidding."

"I never said you wouldn't shoot me."

"I'm serious."

"I give up."

"Damn right you do."

[member="Valpo Pavan"]

Bundori raised her eyebrows as she was waiting for them to tell her what they might say but nothing was coming. She looked at the guard and then moved quickly backwards as she moved forward to go inside as the sounds of shots ringing out came and her soldiers were moving. Letting the blaster sinks in their armor and th duraplast to its job at protecting from small and lower arms. A look upon her face while she looked and revved the chainblade with the alchemical teeth shredding the air before she was moving forward.

@Bundori

Valpo clutched his rifle tightly, lazily drifting towards the fiery death below as he watch and waited. Impatient, his voice chimed in with a question, "They comin'?" Sighing at himself, Valpo answered in a new, soft voice, "Yes, just be patient. They're probably preparing to come help us!"

"Go back to sleep."

"Oh, don't be like that."

"Both of you, shut up," Valpo muttered, to which they complied. He waved at the ship, desperately trying to signal its assistance before he descended into flaming oblivion.

[member="Valpo Pavan"]

Bundori was looking at them as they looked through the ship and there was a sound coming from one of the soldiers. "Master it seems there is a ship coming down as well. We'll finish securing it here but...." Her voice was cut off as Bundori spoke. "Oh blow it up." The soldier looked at her for a moment. "Ah master." Bundori was looking around. "This ship if it isn't useful lets make it into fireworks." There was a look from them as they started to do as commanded and pulled thei thermal detonators from the pack on their back while they were moving towards the little girl who was skipping around the hold with her sword. "Fireworks fireworks."

@Bundori

"Why are we out here?" Valpo asked in the voice of the third personality, a hint of daziness with an ounce of concern flavoring his voice with a certain sharpness. "Well, you see... Valpo thought it would be more fun to burn than to suffocate," he replied to himself, huffing as he did so. "But he forgot he could just filter out the damn smoke! The stoopa-"

Valpo interrupted the conversation abruptly in his own voice, "Shut up, both of you! We need to figure out how to avoid death, then we can insult my thought process, decisions, and my appearance free from the danger of, oh I don't know, BEING TURNED INTO FETHING ASH!"

"I never insulted your appearance."

"Me neither"

"Shut up."

"Oh yeah, watch out. He'll 'kill us.'"

"What a bluffer."

Valpo could only scream and flail wildly out of frustration, incapable of silencing the phantoms of his mind. At a distance he may appear thrashing in pain, his screams echoing in the vast emptiness in space. Occasionally he'd fire off a shot or two from his rifle in the midst of his tantrum, sending blasts of scarlet roaring through the black void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom