Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dead City

Jsc

Disney's Princess
*Open to One (Now Full. Thx.)

The Dead City

The Forested Moon of Thyssa

Forest and Mist. Mud and water. Even the birds seemed to swim rather than fly. It didn't help that the moon was beautiful in the extreme either. It made the Jedi Pilot begin to wonder why no one ever bothered to colonize the place. Sure, it was off the beaten path. But a moon this rich in green jungle-life must have many secrets buried deep beneath it's wet leaves and long, dark branches. And it did too. Heh. No wonder she was smiling.

Karen Roberts was a Jedi Knight from Corellia. She had traveled all this way in her personal vessel in search of a lost city of gold. Just a small notation in the Library Scrolls really. But if she could undercover it's hidden secrets? She would easily become one of the most powerful builders of Jedi civilization alive.

The rumor was that there used to be a city here. A Jedi city. A city cut from pure white limestone that spanned for a thousand miles in every direction. Said to have been built in a single day by what the Library Scrolls called: The Dragon's Tail. ...And if those legends were true? Then Karen must certainly find out for herself.

"Bring us closer R2. I think we've got something."

Finding the city had taken more time than expected. The jungle had reclaimed so much of the old limestone structures that it seemed little more than just another mountain range. But as Karen followed the Libraries clues she was able to discover it's location. Soaring up the river's delta until she could spot the decaying structures behind the leaves. Even from high up in the sky she could see the old bridges and towers that marked it's final resting place. A ruin in the jungle.

She landed her vessel upon the precipice of what was once a great arena. The leaves were thin and the structure was strong. Strong like unto the mountain it add been carved out from. She dismounted in her black Hospitaller suit and swung her SR4 around to her arms. Reloading the clip, checking the cooling jacket, and closing the hatch behind her. She breathed in deeply from her rebreather and let out a sigh of relief. The atmosphere was damp and the fog was high. But all of her meters showed that it was breathable.

The Jedi female folded back her faceplate and took a deep swig of the mountain air. It tasted cold and young to her. Not all like the ancient structures she stood amongst. Indeed. Up here amid the cool mountain air and warming spring sunlight? You couldn't even sense the shadows that lay beneath. Or the dark secrets that awaited her.

"R27. Take the ship into low orbit and await my orders. Karen out."

She scanned the area with her eyes and with Force. Centering her every being as her ship lifted off and disappeared into the gray cloudy sky. It began to rain again and the woman squinted harder with each passing step. She opened her holographic map and nodded with certainty. Yes. This was the place. Now all she had to do was find the door.

She locked her visor in place, switched her HUD to green mode, and engaged Light Amplification. It was time to go relic hunting.

Damn pirates.

While catching a quick nap, the Sith Master had managed to fly into the edge of some pirate lord's space. Three fighters had dropped in and managed to blaster her awake. As she was startled from her sleep she remembered like always the force. Casting her perceptions out past the ship she was in she could feel them. Her shields were on the limit of giving out so she barrel rolled to the left, before diving.

The pilots were noticeably of great skill, despite Kiara's relatively minor skill in piloting the force provided great aid but they still managed to follow her. She cursed herself for not bringing Ria with her but she felt a particular fondness for her apprentice/business partner and didn't want to throw her in the lion's den as her masters did to her. But then again and this thought seems to forever plague her is that such trials had made her strong so was she really weakening Ria.

She didn't get a chance to finish as she was caught up in her thoughts as another blast slammed home crippling her ship. She luckily still had life support but everything but that and the landing gear was fried. Kiara knew she was in for a wild ride and had no time to place she drew in the deep breath erasing thoughts of Ria, Alli or anything that made her happy before allowing her past to swell up inside her bringing her energy and newfound perception.

With a slide of the hand she knocked one ship into the other creating an explosion that killed the two pilots. The other pilot particularly smart saw the feat and simply flew off without protest. For that Kiara allowed him to live and plunder another person and another day. However, that didn't stop the fact that she was falling toward what an apparent abandoned world. As her ship hit the layers of the atmosphere it grew unusually hot as the ship grew closer to it's limits.

She briefly saw another ship rising up and felt that it was probably the only person who could have possibly stopped her from living many years on this force forsaken planet. Seconds before the crash Kiara instinctively threw up her force shield to brace herself and as the landing gear finally activated the ship shuddered along the ground before sliding dangerously close to what was becoming more apparent to be a person. And normally Kiara wouldn't care but considering this person might be her only hope she used the rest of her current force strength to slow the ship unto a halt right before Karen.

With blared vision from her rapid exertion, Kiara passed out while coming out the ships hatch.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Jedi stopped and watched the display from the top of the ancient roof. The broken vessel made landfall and a woman slipped out from the ships hatch. Apparently, unconscious.

Karen simply stood and raised an eyebrow in curious bafflement. She extended her perceptions across the vessels and noted no other sentient lifeforms on board. Just the woman who now lay upon the ground without protest. Fascinating even further still was that Ashla was offended by the poor woman's history with the Force. And Karen noted that the woman may have been a dark sider. This adventure only got curiouser and curiouser by the moment.

"R27. Put the ship in Lagrange and kill the lights. We have visitors."
~ Beep whoop, deet deet ~

The droid acknowledged and Karen shouldered her large blaster weapon across her back.

"Come on. Up we go."

She hoisted Kiara up and dragged her back into the ship. Laying her down in the cabin as gently as possible.

"Ah. Well? Sleep tight. I suppose."

She mused and upholstered her rifle weapon. Then she began searching the vessel for medical supplies and other oddities that might assist in waking Kiara. Her perceptions remained, as always, mindful of the strange woman asleep in the next room.

As always there is the force and as it began to albeit slowly come back to her she began feel the edges of conciousness finally coming to light. However, though the Jedi noble for even taking in a woman who since unconcious is obviously not masking her aura in but her connection to the light was interfering with the darkness that would give her strength.

Under normal circumstances she would feel very little effect because she could harness the entiery of her darkness but at her weakened state it was nigh impossible.

Is your mind so weak little one. I only barely tapped into my power and already your on the floor throbbing in fear. If your going to surivive as a Sith, you must know that regardless of anything else; There is the force. Her old masters words calling out to her, he hated weakness in her and made her hate in herself and anyone around her.

But what was so profound about it is; didn't her master merely say there is the force? So if she was to believe that she was the Mistress of the Sith that really she was the Death Mistress of the force as a whole. And from that realization well albiet merely in her mind, the force came to her like a floodgate.

She didn't move as her conciousness came back, regardless as soon as she realized she was in the company of a Jedi she cursed. A jedi had actually seen her true face, after all these years of hard work avoiding their noticed easily it would now be much harder. The dark side urged her to kill her before anything to mess with her plans.

However, the side of her that her true strength resided on stayed her body from any motion. She would not attack this jedi as any jedi that would save the life of a dark sider deserves a pass and maybe to be a possible ally. Knowing the jedi would have by now being awake, she slowly sat up right crossing her legs while having them hang off what she was currently sitting on.

Still making a note and gracious that naturally her bodies instincts never allowed her true strength to be revealed. However, what was already there she had to allow because the jedi would grow mistrustful if her force signature suddenly disappeared.

"Well I guess I owe you my thanks. I'm Kirana and you are?" Kiara smiled cause she had to admit for a jedi she was pretty.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen came walking back into the cabin and shouldered her rifle across her back. Her voice was distorted through her titanium helm,

"I'll pass on introductions. But since your awake now. You need to fix this ship and leave. It's not safe here. Not for either of us."

The Jedi tapped her lightsaber twice and then left the cabin with a wave. Making her way slowly towards the exit.

Kiara merely smiled at the Jedi's nonchalance, Kiara thought because of her demeanor she'd have a better sense of herself on the dark side. However, while she performed them when she was younger Kiara rarely tried to recruit because of the secrecy of the Sith she'd be personally responsible for whoever she brought into their flock. Still she found her self stepping down from the table she was sitting on so now standing she regarded the Jedi.

"Ah, but that is where you assume too much. I know nothing of fixing or repairing ships, that wasn't apart of my schooling I'm afraid." This was also the reason why her company doesn't produce many ships because while writing up the plans for one in theory would be great it doesn't look well that she couldn't build herself like she does all their other weaponry and armors.

Kiara found herself checking her data pad but honestly she was quite curious on how the Jedi would respond.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen stopped at the exit ramp and turned around,

"Mm. Well. Sounds like a personal problem to me." She gave a shrug and quick salute, "...Now. If your still here in the morning I'll drop a rescue beacon. Heh. You have fun now, ya hear."

Unlike many Jedi. Karen was not a sucker for stray dogs and cats. Kiara could look out for herself. Darksiders usually could. Karen had bothered enough with distractions for now. She had a mission to get back to. She turned around and walked down the ramp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom