Star Wars RP

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Damned United

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Myrkrbanner_zpsqyhwkhbv.png
QgY8ubOr.png
Myrkr System
Hyllyard City

Kaine sat in a nondescript bar in Hyllyard City, enjoying an ale and the live Meshgeroya championship game beamed in live across the HoloNet from Coruscant. He and the other dozen or so patrons were contrastingly heckling or cheering, depending on the action onscreen and the players involved.

It was rowdy, it was loud, there were brief bursts of singing from the loyal fans, standard fare for this sort of sporting event. Kaine watched in silence, reminiscing about his long gone playing days. Though he still played for fun, his professional years were far behind him. 54 year olds, fit or not, skilled or not, couldn't keep up with the young twenty and thirty somethings.

QgY8ubOr.png
[member="Jack Australis"]

Jack Australis

Character
Character
Jack landed in Hyllyard city and quickly made himself inconspicuous, the Bounty Hunters Guild had eyes everywhere and he didn’t want to be spotted but more than that he didn’t want to be recognised by any old acquaintance. He pulled the hood on his jacket over his head and unclipped his pistol holster as he knew that this was no place to draw second.

As he walked through the streets of his home town much had changed but he knew the layout of the city like the back of his hand and his liver led the way and before he knew it he was in the entertainment district. All this running had made him very thirsty and he had found just enough money lying about in his ship to go and get a pint or two. As he past a small bar he heard chanting and cheering bellowing out of the crack of the door, the big match was on live from Coruscant and Jack was still a mad follower of all things Meshgeroya so he nodded his head at the security and descended down the steps into the bar.

The bar was a humble place, only a dozen or so patrons, a rusty old droid pouring the ale but the place was alive as everyone was fixated on the big screen and the game on a knife edge. Jack hesitated as if he knew that something was about to take place, he took a deep breath and strutted towards the bar. He came out of the shadows pulled back his hood and as he did the game seem to pause the room took a collective breath and all turned towards Jack. Everyone knew who he was, they were all Meshgeroya fans weren’t they so they knew the magnitude of this moment. It was the return of the prodigy, the young white hope, the disgraced.

But the magnitude of the moment hadn’t truly been materialised because there was one more log to be thrown onto what was already a fiery situation and that was Kaine, the General was the last one to see Jack he stood up slowly from his bar stool shuffled past a couple of punters and stood there right in front of Jack. Jack paused took a massive gulp and responded in the only way he knew how “ Alright Kane?........what’s it been then 6 years?”. Kaine was unmoved just looking Jack up and down, Jack tried again “ What’s the bloody score then.”, a comment that had two very different meanings............

[member="Kaine Australis"]

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Eight words, then five more. That was all the time it took for the old General to go from surprise, to resentment, all the way to relief. Things could seem to move slowly sometimes when a mind was shocked.

Kaine hadn't seen the man before him in many years, and though he remembered times when they'd had their differences, he'd always respected Jack. The man hadn't deserved the dishonourable treatment meted out to him, and Kaine had said so, loudly, to the tribunal's face, even risking sanction himself, not that he'd cared. He loved the game, but though he used what he had to the best of his ability, he'd never had Jack's natural born talent and skill on the field. Kaine had compensated somewhat with a tad more dirtiness than the average player, as was his way.

Well. I guess they'll let anyone in here these days eh? Kaine gave his former sparring partner a cheeky grin.

Times had changed, they were both older and he hoped, slightly wiser men, than the hotheads of youth.

Come on, lets have a drink, old son. Nil all, match is just starting.

Kaine patted the spot at the standing table next to him.

Beer's cold, and there's a tab going.

giphy.gif

Just then a particularly bad foul onscreen, off the ball, caught the bar's attention, and all the men leapt to their feet, gesticulating and shouting!

Kaine looked over at Jack.

Fair challenge?

[member="Jack Australis"]

I am a son of the Mountain.
Character
​Location: Hyllyard City
Time: Early Evening

​Qyren hadn't the foggiest clue of how he had ended up where he was. One moment he was serving in the Republic Military with a promising career and even hopes of moving into higher command.

​He thought it was everything he could ever want. A purpose that set him above the dull parameters of his homeworld. In the end, when he had been offered a reenlistment for another four years, he declined. The young Kiffar hadn't found what he was seeking. In fact, serving in the Republic Army was similar to the Guardian Corp on his homeworld. The Golden Star had not been for Qyren, neither was the Republic Army.

​So now he sat in a humbling bar in the inner rim, doing what soldiers did best when they were absent purpose. Drinking.

​Sitting at the bar, he glanced up to the monitor above him, some manner of sporting event was being shown. He had taken a minimal interest in between shots, however he was by no means a part of the fan-filled crowd. As the bar droid strolled past him, he tapped the bar, signaling he was ready to order another drink. "Hey, Clanker. Let me get another shot." The droid paid no attention to the derogatory remark used with his kind, likely his programming wasn't even expansive enough to delve into the meaning behind the word. Instead he merely grabbed a bottle of cheap whiskey, filling Qyren's glass on request.

[member="Kaine Australis"][member="Jack Australis"]

Jack Australis

Character
Character
Jack smiled as Kaine broke the ice with a joke that reminded Jack of days gone by, “ That’s a Kaine tackle if I’ve ever seen one”, it was the banter of Meshgeroya that he missed the most.

Jack joined Kaine by the bar, he noticed that Kaine had gone a little grey and had a few more wrinkles than when they last saw each other but he was still in good shape for a older lad. “ So mate, ummm I might of got myself in a bit of a pickle” Jack said as he looked sheepishly at Kaine , “ I am broke, on the run from the Bounty Hunters Guild and need a job, so not much has changed there then hahaha”

Kaine pondered for a moment sipping his ale slowly with a furrowed brow, Jack looked on at Kaines body language with a air of desperation “ I bloody need this, common mate” Jack said to himself waiting for Kaine to come up with a answer.

The bar was filling up a bit now Jack had noticed a solider who had come in and taken his place in a booth in a dark corner, he was drinking heavily but he wasn’t a happy drunk, Jack knew that feeling, when you loose thousands of credits in a night you often feel like that. Jack could feel the darkness in this individual Jack wondered if he was part of Kaines army, somewhere Jack had hoped to be.........

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Qyren Vessk"]

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Kaine was slightly preoccupied with reminiscences of his playing days, there had been many fine; to his mind fine, in truth some had been borderline assault, but he had enjoyed the various battles over the years. In particular a fine match where Jack and Kaine had been left a man short, after one of their teammates had been ejected at the start of the match for brawling with the league's leading scorer, the Rodian; Manjeet.

The team had dug deep, Kaine had played an unusual defensive role, restricting Manjeet to his usual 30 shots, but ensuring none were on target with a combination of shirt pulling, ankle tapping and outright shoving. Jack had played a masterclass in attack, scoring for fun and ensuring their team fought back despite the numerical disadvantage.

Kaine grinned at Jack.

The bounty hunters guild won't bother you around here, for one, i'm a member, so consider yourself caught.

He winked to show he was only half serious.

They won't touch another member's bounty. So forget those buggers. Have a drink, lad, and let's talk about your future.

Kaine hadn't missed the Kiffar entering and ordering a drink, but he was starting to miss parts of the game, his attention distracted by more dutiful matters.

Running a Clan's a busy job, but it means i've always got openings for people with skills. You've kept going all these years, we'll find you a home.

He paused, offering Jack his hand.

Ner vod.

Kaine knew he could trust his old sparring partner, and always wanted to help a brother get ahead in the galaxy, if he could.

He made a point of looking over towards the Kiffar.

That guy looks like he's from Kiffu. Had a lot of good experiences with the Kiffar people. Don't see many of them on Myrkr.

[member="Qyren Vessk"] [member="Jack Australis"]

Character
At the bar, Qyren was working on lighting one of his cigarra's. As the embers came to life, Qyren took a deep inhale, the bold taste of tabac lingering in his mouth long after he expelled a small cloud of smoke into the air. When he looked up he noticed a man at the end of the bar glance down at him. Flicking the ashes from his cigarra into the ash tray he collected his drink and the ash tray, making his way towards the end of the bar where the duo of Mandalorians sat. Setting his things down, he spoke up as he took a seat next to the men.

"You boys from around here?" Qyren asked, striking up a bit of conversation.

​If the former solder turned mercenary was nothing else, he was a socializer. Taking another shallow drag from his cigarra, he exhaled the smoke into the air before looking to Kaine, extending a hand to the Mandalorian. "Qyren." He said, introducing himself.

​If the man would accept his greeting he would proceed to down a bit more of his bathtub grade whiskey.

[member="Kaine Australis"][member="Jack Australis"]

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Kaine saw the Kiffar notice them and make his way over. He was pleased, he noted what he thought might be military bearing and confidence in the man.

As he approached, Kaine raised his glass in greeting. He took a swig, then put it down and took the offered hand, shaking it warmly.

I'm Kaine Australis, this is my vod Jack. He nodded to the other man at the table.

Pull up a chair, Qyren, what brings you to Myrkr? We've only been here for a few years, but it's home now.

Kaine was in a celebratory mood. He'd reconnected with a very old friend, and sparring partner, now both older and wiser men, and perhaps, they'd just made a new comrade in the Kiffar.

[member="Qyren Vessk"] [member="Jack Australis"]

Character
"Mandalorians." Qyren said, a small smile coming to his face as he recognized the language the man used.

"Never met one before in person. But I've heard some damn good stories from my Drill Sergeant back in Basic." He said. Qyren had always respected the Mandalorians as soldiers. In fact from a point of view their life was something to be admired. Traveling from planet to planet, finding the best enemies in the galaxy and defeating them. Hell, who wouldn't like that?

​When Kaine asked what brought him to the planet, Qyren chuckled dryly. "Nothing good. I got my discharge papers from the Republic a few weeks ago and have kind of been planet hopping. Heard there was some good work here for former soldiers...but when I got here all the slots were filled. Kinda spent the last of my creds." He said, before gesturing to the whiskey in his hand. "Well....not the LAST of them, but close enough to stop giving a damn."

[member="Kaine Australis"]

Jack Australis

Character
Character
Jack sat back and listened to the conversation carefully not wanting to give up too much to the stranger that had just introduced himself. He was a impressive looking warrior he wore his battle scars like medals of honour, the kind of individual that has a thousand stories but not a single word. Jack noticed that our mystery guest was smoking a cigarra and asked the man “ Can I have one of those? I am absolutely hanging for one” After taking a puff Jack listened as Qyren explained his situation to Kaine and he felt relieved that Kaine had just offered him a job just minutes before as now there was another man down on his luck looking for work.

Later on when Jack and Kaine got a minute alone watching the match which was now going from a tame affair into a full blown fight,

“Do you remember the Battle of Nuremberg Kaine?, this is kicking off just like that game, it reminds me of Danny Tiatto “.

Jack sipped his whisky and was thinking about what he might do in Kaines army, he was always a slippery figure a shadow in the night so maybe a smuggler or a role in reconnaissance behind enemy lines would be a good fit for his skill set.

“ Mate I don’t exactly know what positions you need filled or how your operation works but I have skills in smuggling and alike, I am sure I could offer you something in a Black Ops kinda role”

This was a bold approach from Jack, of course he was a cocky little bastard but he had seen the Mandolorian special units before in his travels and they were seriously competent warriors the like to not be underestimated and while Jack was confident of bringing a certain panache to the role he understood it’s importance.

“Kaine I just want to reassure you that whatever the future may be I will fight for Mandolore with a loyalty and a dedication and will do whatever it takes to get the job done........now get another round in pal I feel this game is gonna go to penalties, maybe it will be another case of crazy legs Grobbelaar”

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Qyren Vessk"]

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Kaine signalled to the barman for another round, which one of the staff brought over, taking away the empties and replacing the mugs with freshly recharged ales. Kaine nodded and slipped the drinks guy a credcoin. Then he raised his mug

OYA!

And drank deep, enjoying the cold fresh taste of the ale.

Here with good comradery and good ale, and good entertainment, sharing reminisces with an old friend, and making a new one, he hoped, in Qyren, this was a good day for the General. His mood was buoyant, even jubilant. Mandalore would rise again. Stronger than before, and more united.

Kaine listened to Qyrens words carefully, hearing the unspoken message there.

Vod, I can offer you a place with my Clan. Credits, honest work, and family. There's always room for capable vode, and I never met a Kiffar who couldn't handle themself.

You might even teach Jacky boy here how to hold onto a credit.

The general grinned at both of them.

Mandalore is calling her vode home. Together, we can make this work.

[member="Jack Australis"] [member="Qyren Vessk"]

Character
[SIZE=12pt]Qyren pulled his cigarra pack from his pocket, tossing it in front of Jack with a nod. “Help yourself, man.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He turned back to Maine and his brows rose in a moment of surprise. “A place with your clan? Like become a Mandalorian?” He questioned, looking to the two men, before a shallow chuckle came out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I mean…. Yea, Hell yes.” He said, downing the rest of his whiskey and looking to Kaine with an arched brow. “You don't know nothing about me man, you sure?” Hell, Qyren didn't know anything about Maine, but he was on the bottom side of the options spectrum. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When Kaine spoke about holding onto credits, Qyren snorted softly. “I can't even hold on to them.” He joked, before taking another shallow drag, blowing the smoke up into the air. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Did he just become a Mandalorian? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Kaine Australis"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt][member="Jack Australis"][/SIZE]