Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image: http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/content07/sentinel.jpg
Credit: the matrix

Intent: To create a large series of droids to harvest individuals to supplement the horde's ranks during the purging of a planet.

Dev thread: NA

Manufacture: Horde Droid Designers built through Subach industries

Affiliation: Horde

Modularity: None

Production: Mass

Material: Durasteel

Description: The Collector droid is built for the simple purpose of harvesting individuals to bolster the ranks of people in the hordes military and slave trade. These droids are capable of being used for light combat but their main purpose is to collect the organics of a planet when initial recruitment does not meet the needs of the horde.

Mobility: The speed of the Collector is not very high what so ever, most only clock in at 25 miles per hour or 40 Kilometers per hour. Their mobility is lest than desired due to their large size and many mechanical arms. So fitting down tight hallways and buildings can be hard for them. While the collector can be used out in space it is highly not recommended due to its slow mobility. Fighters and flak frigate would chew through them quite quickly.

Hive brain: The goal of the collectors are to work as a unit and hive, think of a swarm of bees. Like bees these droids ban together and use their numbers to take down a bigger threat If ever they face one. Working together in unison the droids are usually linked to a central computer aboard a star destroyer or other ship that holds their command matrix.

Programming: The droids are programmed to collect any unarmed or non hostile organics they can get their hands on, while organics can be armed and still be collected by them as long as they are not engaging. Organics that are directly engaging them in combat they will react to defend themselves and swarm targets that pose a direct threat. They are programmed to kill organics that pose a direct thread to them, IE a blaster being fired at them or a swing of a saber. But their primary objective is to take their non hostile targets alive for they are used to grow the ranks of the horde. Dead organisms will not be collected unless given a direct command

Weight limit: The Collecter can only up to 190 KGs of weight at its top load, but optimal weight is around 100 to 130 KGs the droid is severely slowed with the added weight and is a very easy target to be shot down if one were to be ok with killing the organic in its arms with it. While it can only carry up to two to three organics at a time the collector is designed to carry small amounts of organics with its claws

Command matrix: The collectors could not be gifted brains of their owns due to the expense of the sheer numbers produced. So normally the computing power is given to the computing power upon the ship they were spawned from. Thus if the ship is destroyed the droids will simply cease to function. The average distance the droid needs to be from the collection ship is roughly anywhere to thirty to fifty mile radius meaning the ship must either be in orbit and restricted to its collection zone. If the droid goes out of the signal emitted from the ship it will drop and cease to function.

Armor: Most blasters capable of piercing medium to heavy armor can easily destroy the Collector droid, they are made from cheap Durasteel and are not the most efficient at combat. And will do next to nothing for them when hit by an Ion bolt or an EMP causing all targeted collectors to shut down

Glitchy: Since the droid lacks a brain of its own the collector often has a lot of lag in its command times, but on a clear day with no interference the droids can orchestrate symphonies of beautiful movements and swarming techniques.

Classification: Fourth degree
Weight: 226 Kgs
Height: 4.5 meters
Movement: Repulsorlift
Armaments:
1 x Military grade plasma torch
Misc equipment:
1 x High powered listening device
14x mechanical arms with claws.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"]
Mkay, just a few things to start with.

First, how much can this droid hold? It's designed to abduct folks, but there's no list on how many people it can carry until it's too full to omnomnom anymore. Could you list that, please?

Second, 90kg seems to light for a 4.5m droid. I'm around 2m tall myself and I weigh more than the droid does. Could you explain why it's this light or edit to a heavier weight, please?

@ me when done and we'll go from there.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Awesome. Just a few more things.

How well programmed are these droids to retrieve things? Are they aggressive and violent or do they just do the worker drone thing? Is there a preference for an intact specimen or are they okay with retrieving bits and pieces of specimens?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Sorry for the spread out edits. Sometimes folks edit one thing and it solves two or three problems found later in the submission and sometimes folks get overloaded with edits, so I try to spread it out for the subber's ease.

Only things left are how vulnerable this thing is to ion/electronic weapons and you kinda typoed here:

Supreme Overlord Dredge said:
They are designed to kill organics that threaten them but they are programmed to take their targets alive

I'm assuming you mean they'll try to kill what attacks them and take other targets alive, but it's kinda contradictory when stated like that.

Otherwise, everything looks okay on my end. Just make those edits and @ me and you should be good to go with your Omnomnom droids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom