Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Cane of Hrafnar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source:
1171564_1358802486440_full.jpg
Intent: To create a weapon for Lord Sebastian that is both classy and fits his personality.
Development Thread:
The Orb of Hrafnar
Pleasure and Pain

Manufacturer: Lord Sebastian
Model: Snake Cane
Affiliation: Lord Sebastian
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Alcamized wood, Devaronian blood-poison, Silver, Offering Crystals and Lignan Crystal
Classification: Lightsaber cane
Size: One-handed
Length: 1.2 M
Weight: 2kg
Special Features:
-The wood has been specially alchemized to make it resistant to lightsabers. The Crystals give it a stronger resistance and can now deflect blaster shots.
- Increases the effect and control of illusions and shadow shaping (Lignan)
- The retractable tip is made of Devaronian Blood-Poison so it increases the pain someone feels.
- Staring into the eye gems may causes it's victims to hallucinate and be dominated by their greatest fear.
-Red lightsaber in the cane
- The offering crystals lining the cane wood passively enhance the quality of the Force for such defensive powers like a Force Barrier. This does not make the wielder capable of calling on more than they would be capable originally, but does somewhat amplify the output of power to a modest degree of a Force Barrier.

Description: The cane is made of alcamized wood to be able to withstand combat with a lightsaber and the Offering Crystals lining it increase this and make it able to block blaster shots. The tip is made of silver that houses a retractable Devaronian tip that is only movable with the use of the force that is only known to Sebastian, like a key if you will. The head is made of silver and shaped into a Snake with black jeweled eyes. 6 inches down from the head is also made of silver and if it is twisted just right it will separate from the wood revealing Sebastian's lightsaber with a Lignan core.

The beauty of this cane is in the eyes of the Snake which are Lignan gems that are infused with Devaronian Blood Poison. The process began with the Lignan Ores that he used a furnace to refine into a Crystal using Devaronian Blood Poison to fuel to fire and fuse with the crystal's insides. Upon using alchemy, he took a Sith woman that was in love with him and consumed her with Summon Fear and then destroyed her with Shadow Shaping. He then boiled the Orb made from the Crystal fusion in the blood of the woman using Sith Lightning to fuse it all and make the gem eyes. While a lignan is meant for all dark side powers, this one focuses on Summon Fear and Shadow shaping due to the blood that is was alchemized in.

If a person looks into the gem eyes when they are glowing they may be overtaken by Summon Fear which will cause them to experience their worst fears to the point of hysteria. The power of Summon Fear is powerful, but the duration is based on many variables like rank, NPC or PC, willpower, ability to resist mental attacks and so forth. Shadow Shaping is an ability Sebastian has developed himself from his knowledge of Shaping. He takes the shadows around him to create physical attacks and beasts. Unlike other shaping though, he cannot create it yet as he has not figured out how to create darkness where there are none. The gems only increase the control and effect of the abilities, but not the power ie it won't make knight level attacks master, but will make knight level abilities more likely to work and able to last longer.

While unlike a lightsaber it is not as light, but as light as a light sword. The gems do not enhance the power of illusions of shadow shaping, just the effectiveness and control over them. If the target has no fear it will merely make them feel a lot of pain, but the lightside stronger than Sebastian's ability or a will power stronger than the pain can overcome the hallucinations (in RP terms IF this ability gets used on a PC a PM will be shared with them where we will decide how it will be used and how long it will last that will be fair.) The hallucinations are more for NPCs controlled by the holder of the cane. The gems are not indestructible. While if Sebastian stays within his own ability they will continue to aid his ability, if he over exerts himself and draws too much on the gems they will crack and then shatter being of no more use until replaced.

The crystals found on the planet where Braith slept were added to the cane. Using a drill he put divots down the body of the cane. Using alchemy, he reshaped them making them line the cane's wood and sealing to it so they become like one. They still have the ability of the Offering Crystals and their drawbacks, but he refined them to his needs. Now his cane acts like a lightning rod for the Force in a way. He can use it to almost like a Magic Wand where it can use the force like a hand can (not independently) For example, the cane's tip or Snake's mouth can use Force Lightning or Fire Shaping. The crystals passively enhance the quality of the Force for such defensive powers like a Force Barrier. This does not make the wielder capable of calling on more than they would be capable originally, but does somewhat amplify the output of power to a modest degree of a Force Barrier.

Primary Source:

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

I know, I was more doing since it was made into a crystal and not an ore it doesn't do the full power of the lignan, but doesn't get burned up. I could not find anything else in Star Wars that could come close to what the effect I want it to do.

Vastatio said:

I know, I was more doing since it was made into a crystal and not an ore it doesn't do the full power of the lignan, but doesn't get burned up. I could not find anything else in Star Wars that could come close to what the effect I want it to do.
Lignan crystals are refined lignan ore that are cut and processed to be developed into crystals. While it isn't shown to increase the capabilities of users of the dark side of the force explicitly in the wookiepedia article for the crystals itself, and thus the issue of degradation aren't touched upon, I would accept a slow, "eventual", demise that needn't actually happen, with the stipulation that it grants a highly inferior increase to the capabilities of the force in comparison to a lignan crystal.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lignan_crystal

So basically after a point of time he has to remake the crystal fusion and replace them? Also, and I agree if this is what you mean, it won't enhance his power like lignans normally do, just enhance the certain abilities a bit more? Basically I am using this for the lightsaber resistance and lightsaber itself, the eyes are more meant for NPC and to give a more...dark appeal to Vastatio rather then use on PCs. Most PCs even if they fell under the power could break it because PCs are the elites in the Galaxy.

Vastatio said:
So basically after a point of time he has to remake the crystal fusion and replace them?
Basically, if you were ever to overexert the capabilities of the crystal, you should have it stop supplying power - like using it to aid you in doing something that you, alone, probably wouldn't be able to do, or some impressive feat - for the remainder of that thread. Later on you can either go and do a thread to fix it, or simply handwave it - it doesn't really matter - as long as the possibility exists for it to no longer function at some point in a situation where you might be using it.

[member="Vastatio"]
Okay, being that I regularly see and submit submissions which contain extensive use of Sith alchemy that involve adding on either force powers or Sith magic in some form or another, I need to know why certain things are occurring here that would not be the case in a vanilla alchemy submission of this staff.

Vastatio said:
-Lightsaber resistant
What part(s) of this are lightsaber resistant? Be aware that not everything constructed by Sith alchemy is resistant to lightsabers, such as leather and in most cases wood. I am not saying it wouldn't be possible to make something capable of resisting a lightsaber in such instances, I just need that described and explained in your submission fully.

Vastatio said:
shadow shaping
I assume you still are referring to illusions with such. If not, I'll need a description of what such is. In general a lignan crystal would increase all overall force abilities of the wielder, not just one select sort - though alchemy can alter such to be the case, though again that would need to be explained.

Vastatio said:
The retractable tip is made of lignan so it increases the pain someone feels.
Did you mean Devaronian Blood Poison? Lignan does not cause such to be the case.

Vastatio said:
Staring into the eye gems causes it's victims to hallucinate and be dominated by their greatest fear.
As this isn't a vanilla alchemy property, nor something associated with any of the materials included in this cane submission, I'll need this explained. If you need pointers on what could cause this, I can help to a degree, but I need direction first.

Lord Sabastian said:
It does not have the cutting ability of a lightsaber since the darksaber has an edge; as in if you stick a lightsaber in a door it can move up, down, right, and left while the dark saber only moves in the direction of the edge.
Is the blade still the same material as a lightsaber/canonical darksaber? (i.e; plasma confined within a dimetrus electromagnetic field?) If so, the shape of the blade is only cosmetic - it would still be able to "cut" in every direction.

Lord Sabastian said:
Also, you wanted Sabastian to seek Braith out on the prim thread, does that mean he can gain one of those crystals you are making and add it to this?
You may add things to this via the submission modification request thread after this has been approved, yes, and that would extend to the mentioned crystals if they are approved. Please keep things not related to the submission out of this, however. If you wish to discuss unrelated ventures/opportunities, PMs would be best suited.

Lord Sabastian said:
Summon Force
Did you mean summon fear?

Lord Sabastian said:
If the target has no fear it will merely make them feel a lot of pain, but the lightside stronger than Sabastian's ability or a will power stronger than the pain can overcome the hallucinations (in RP terms IF this ability gets used on a PC a PM will be shared with them where we will decide how it will be used and how long it will last that will be fair.)
Summon fear has a singular function, and that is to incite the victim's greatest fears and cause them to experience them, sometimes to the point of insanity. I am totally fine with this containing the ability to manifest the target's fears mentally due to alchemy, but to divert to causing a sensation of pain is going to require a development thread of at least ten posts.

Please include that this is a concealed lightsaber in the special features list.

Per notification via PM, I will archive this until your development thread is complete. PM an Admin or RPJ to have it pulled back out to place your dev thread in the sub and we can finish up from there.
[member="Lord Sabastian"]

Ready for resubmission.

I have added two dev threads, one of which is still in play, but the crystals have already been acquired.

The last paragraph in the description is new and includes how Sabastian as...kinda modified the crystals, but not to a large degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom