Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Calling - New Council of the Silver Jedi

Voss
Tower of the Chambers
SWA31_CouncilChambers.jpg
Council members: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] ~ [member="Aika Kawakami"] ~ [member="Xander Carrick"] ~ [member="Connor Harrison"] ~ [member="Kei Amadis"] ~ [member="Nima Tann"]​
It is midday and the skies are clear over Voss. For as far as the eye can see the view stretched out through the large windows of the new chambers, high on top of the Temple. In the foreground, the woodlands of Voss reached for the mountains in the west and stood tall and thick with the lushness of life and the living force.

Coci's hand rested on her large stomach, feeling their son move within her, strong and healthy and radiated with a presence in the force she had not felt before, it is natural, uncorrupted and raw. It seemed a shame in a way to have have to control it.

"Today is an important day Théo", she said to him. Coci had taken to speaking to her son when in a private moment. "The new Silver Jedi Council is to sit in residence for the first time. The grand master will be joining us soon", she smiled despite herself.

For now Coci will wait their arrival before the ceremony shall begin. And to begin their first agenda.

((ooc: everyone please take your time. I know some of you are limited with time in RL))

Taking the time to walk to the top of the Temple, in the open chamber that overlooked the Silver Jedi grounds below, as well as the sprawling planet it resided in, Connor was...proud? Was that the word? He wasn't sure who else has been called to the Council so it would be a nice time to see old and possibly new faces.

Sweeping a hand over the back of his head as he walked towards the Council chambers, a place he never had the chance to sit on years ago, today was a new day and a new start for the Council as a whole. The black and silver armor bore a few scuffs already, but that meant he was doing his job as Jedi correctly.

Stopping by the entrance, hearing a familiar voice, Connor walked gently in and knocked on the side of the large frame.

"Connor of the Council requesting the comfiest seat in the house, please."

He flashed a smile and walked in towards Coci, who was sat. He walked towards her and reached out, taking her hands and squeezing them gently in his and made sure she stayed seated.

"You look radiant, sis. And ready to pop. It can't be long now?"

Backing away, he gestured to the chair to her left, unsure of which was his or which was the Grandmasters.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Nima Tann"]

"It's not," spoke Thurion as he entered shortly after [member="Connor Harrison"]. "Can't be more than a couple weeks, now. How's it hanging, Connor?" he beamed a smile while shaking the man's hand. "Took you by surprise, didn't we? Coci and I have been at it for weeks, now; coming up with a roster of people we can trust and know will give their all for the Order. You were at the top of both our lists," he winked.

"As for the comfiest seat, well... We've kinda redone the place a bit. New chairs, all of them the same. I don't want any member of the Council to be above the others, whether you're a Knight, Master, or Grandmaster." His hand gestured towards the seven seats. "Now, my friend, you may begin the oh-so-perilous quest to find the comfiest chair of them all," he ended the sentence with a friendly nudge.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Kei Amadis"]

High woodlands, that air was refreshing, the smell of wet grass and dew. This was a surprise, and an inspiring one, he’d been having those kinds of thoughts a lot recently. Kei had his usual thin temple robes on, cut short with a touch of forest camouflage, dark green mixed in, and blacks underneath. Only his saber unity was on his hip, tucked away on his black utility belt, thick black boots holding him firm.

He’d shaven but it wouldn’t last, there was already stubble breaking through across his chin. Striding up to the council chambers, and entering through the front, he was tempted to put his arms behind his back and stand to attention, old habits, but here he grinned instead.

Kei caught the end of what [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] said about equality, and it just confirmed what he already knew about the path he had chosen, it was for him, one hundred percent.

“Coci, Masters.” Kei nodded, “I don’t know what to say.” He didn’t, so he just sat down, wherever there was space. Tapping, then resting his large hands together, and sitting straight. “How are you feeling?” He said sincerely to [member="Coci Heavenshield"], adding to [member="Connor Harrison"] 's best wishes to his Master.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
She was pretty shocked when she got the invitation to become a new member of the Order's council. She didn't expect such a good thing like that, especially after the death of her Master. The time of vengeance would come of course, but for now she was going to go there and try to help as best as she could. Besides, Master E'ron would want this too, and acting this way she was only making herself go weaker and weaker, in those darkest times she had to be strong, or she would be perished like the others that died from their own stupidity. She was someone's Master now, and she had to act like one.

She moved towards the Towers, which the Council meeting was happening right now, and a couple of minutes later she arrived at the huge doors of the destination. Was she excited? Yes she was. She always wanted to see what was happening inside of the door, and she was now going to experience it first hand. Opening the door she got to the top, her steps were fast and her heart was beating fast. She didn't know anything about the Council's other members, well except of the Heavenshields of course. And at last, she was there. The council's chambers.

And, seeing the members all sitting down on their comfortable chairs, she took a relaxed breath. Yes, there was no reason to get shyness attacks, because she knew all of them. Giving a nod, she talked, excitement in her voice. "By the Force, this place absolutely has some charm." Then added. "Good morning everyone, lovely being here with you today." Bowing to the Masters and giving a nod to [member="Kei Amadis"], she took the seat between [member="Connor Harrison"] and him. The only Knights that was on the list, she felt proud, being part of something big.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Aika Kawakami"]

I was pulling my hair back and slinging it into a hair tie to look a little bit more professional. It was kind of funny to know that it was more professional for a guy with long hair to have it tied up, but for a girl, it was meant to be down. I had trimmed my beard just enough to not let it look like a nest on my face. Thinking of it, I rubbed my face scratching the beard just a little to make myself feel good about having it. Apparently a Nickname of mine through the Mandalorians was Scruffy. And I had a really bad idea that if I would be named Mandalore, I would be known as Scruffy the Mandalore. I shuddered at that thought.

Continuing on, I thought about how Thurion always seemed to look nice. Probably why Coci married him, but he always did. Even when I was wasn't so rugged looking and still was getting patches instead of a full beard. Or like Connor who didn't seem able to grow one. Continuing to thinking about him as I walked, he always now seemed to be in his armor. Considering this was the first meeting of the Jedi council, I thought he might be wearing his, So I decided to wear my own set.

I had just finished the creation of it. The armor was shined up a little, and I kept the cloak on, however the helmet I left back in my room. There was no need for me to keep it on. Actually it would have been kind of rude if I did let it slip over my head. Nonetheless, I moved on having only my lightsaber on my belt as I entered the chambers. Seeing that almost everybody was here before I was.

Walking towards the center, I bowed to the Heavenshields. Noting that Coci was really ready to finish the process in creating life, and Thurion seemed to be almost glowing.

"Thank you for choosing me as part of this council."

Looking over to Connor, I nodded and then bowed with respect towards him, seeing that he too was wearing armor. Good. I wasn't the only one. I decided to be formal at this time.

"Good to see you Master Harrison."

Swinging to look at the Knights who would be joining us, I smiled at both of them and bowed. Noting that one of them was a man who looked rugged and yet was trying to stay away from it on this occasion. I smiled at them.

"Welcome to the Silver Jedi Council. I hope that I will be able to work with you both at some point other than debating within these halls."

With that, I moved to one of the last two remaining seats. I was sure that others here didn't bite that much, SO I just sat down in one of them. No real order amongst ourselves. Probably the doing of the Heavenshields to keep everyone "of the same rank" and to allow complete trust with each other as friends, comrades, and in some cases, spouses.

Council members ~ [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Kei Amadis"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Connor Harrison"]​
Coci smiled as they all gathered in the new chambers. All of them friends and much loved by the Order, "I am fine, but the day draws near and I will have to take some leave". But it would never be for long, her duty as Jedi would see to that and she can never stay still for long. But it was time to begin proceedings.

"By your leave Grand Master Heavenshield, we should start. Master [member="Aika Kawakami"] is delayed and will join us as soon as she can". A woman Coci had met only a few times, but is intrigued by her, more so because of a way she has that seemed guarded, and for what purpose Coci did not know, but would find out. A secret vow to unveil the woman and what better way to find out about her than to have her close.

"Please take your seats", she indicated for all to do so as she moved to the end seat near the door. A position purposefully chosen, ever the defensive and protective, she chose this seat to be ready and first on hand if there are unwanted intruders and to view the window to it's fullest in case of assault from the outside. Paranoid? oh yes that never leaves a Jedi Shadow.

She eased her body down into the seat and rested against the high back. Adjusting her robes over her legs and waited for the others to take their places.

Connor acknowledged all familiar faces who came in, and it made him feel things were changing for the better and the present company were the right ones to do it. Masters and Knights; all who had taken their own journey one way or the other to get where they were now.

The Silver Jedi were changing and it felt good.

With a nod, a smile and a curt wave to the others, Connor turned to hear Coci address them, inhaling quietly at the mention of Aika. He lowered his head at her request to be seated.

"Why doesn’t that surprise me."

As he sat between Coci and Nima, he muttered under his breath the little snark about Master Kawakami – why she was on the Council would be a mystery to him until she showed herself.

He smiled at the others and shuffled in his seat.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"]

It did feel good, unknowingly he shared that sentiment with [member="Connor Harrison"]. Giving a warm grin to [member="Nima Tann"], “Nima,” he said informally, she was a knight but she was a friend first, he hoped he could count them all as friends before the day was done, even those he knew less well. Kei adjusted himself in his seat, sitting straighter than his usual casual lean, big day today after all. His arms rested comfortable on one of the chairs in the corner, so he could see the entrance way, protective himself but from a distance to take in the whole room.

With a firm nod to [member="Xander Carrick"], "Yes Master, I look forward to what we can do together, to help the people we are able to."

After having adjusted to this, honor, that was the only way to put it, he was considering how to best help the council, that was his nature, seeing what he could do, proactively. Now he’d been knighted that’d mean more missions to run certainly, and some of his old responsibilities which wasn’t unwelcome, old duties he was used to from his army days. Seeing to make sure the defences of the council were taken care of would be something he’d be keen to do, he’d had some ideas and would bring them up if given the chance. His friend [member="Taiden Keth"] had been telling him of some of [member="Matsu Ike"] ‘s work on various planets, and was keen to bring that up too, to make sure people were aware of just how much she was doing for the silvers off world.

Grinning and sitting ready, he waited happy to hear how the day would begin, mind for once in thought, Kei wasn’t a thinker, he was a doer but these big events and responsibilities seemed to bring it out in him.

First he had to add something, "I also want to say, I am deeply honored by this trust you have placed in me, I will do everything I can to live up to it." Kei cleared his throat, speeches, only for the big days. @All

The last to take his seat in, quite frankly, the most comfortable chair he's even sat in, Thurion addressed the Silver Council for the first time as Grandmaster. "First off, I'd like to thank you all for accepting the invitation to join the Council. You're not only doing your Order proud, but it also makes me and Coci happy to see you all think yourselves ready for it as we do. Each of you have earned it, truly."

He leaned forward a bit. "Now then, I assume you all know each other at least relatively well by now. Be that as it may, allow me to formally introduce myself and those in attendance." He stood up, a hand gesturing to each individual as he named them in no particular order. "We have [member="Connor Harrison"], Jedi Master and acting Harbinger of the Silver Shadows. [member="Nima Tann"], Jedi Knight. [member="Xander Carrick"], Jedi Master. [member="Kei Amadis"], Jedi Knight. Finally, we have [member="Coci Heavenshield"], Jedi Master and acting Master of the Order." He sat back down. "Oh, and then there's little ol' me." And [member="Aika Kawakami"], but she's excused.

"With that out of the way, let's get down to buisness." He cleared his throat before continuing. "Coci and I recently returned from a diplomatic meeting with representatives of the Tion Hegemony. They were fearful of losing their countless assets, you see." He couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Seems like credits can't buy you everything, after all. "After exercising some diplomacy, if you wanna call it that, we've come to an agreement that both parties have accepted and signed. The details have been sent to your datapads." He paused.

"The Grandmaster of the Jedi Order sends her regards. We've taken steps to repair the bridge between our two orders, and Master Raaf is keen on doing the same. With the Sith spreading in the Deep Core, we need to stand united and find whatever allies we can." He looked to Coci, a faint smile on his lips. "Care to add anything?"

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
She could easily hear their voices as she ventured into the towers. The multiple presences she could feel permeated through her own being, alerting her to those who lay ahead. She had been asked to attend a session, a very special session, of the Council. There were seats to be filled, left by those who had departed both the Silver Jedi, and departed the world of the living. Anyone who knew anything about what was happening within the Order could have easily seen this coming, or they should have at the least.

Her steps came to a halt just before the door which lead into the Council's Chambers. It was odd to be standing before these familiar doors once more. Memories of her final day on Coruscant when she was brought before the Council. Even now, it still burned her up inside to an extent. But, all things come full circle in time.

As the doors separated, as if welcoming her home, Aika took a few small steps in, allowing the doors to close behind her. Slowly, she panned about the room, eyes landing on each being that sat within. "Well.... It would seem as I arrived a bit late for the festivities."

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] l [member="Kei Amadis"] l [member="Connor Harrison"] l [member="Coci Heavenshield"] l [member="Xander Carrick"] l [member="Nima Tann"]

As Connor listened carefully, certain aspects of Thurion's speech making his lip curl with a soft smile, he rested his chin on his hand, legs crossed and elbow on his knee.

Glancing with only his eyes to Coci for more, they were all interrupted by the arrival of Master Kawakami - better late than never.

Even entering the room, Connor felt her judgmental gaze over them all. He watched her saunter in and shook his head ever so gently.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"]

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Aika Kawakami"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Kei Amadis"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Nima Tann"]​
Diplomacy indeed, such as strange notion, especially when those that call to talk have no experience or understanding of it, talks can become off topic or heated and Coci is no diplomat, at least not yet, however she seems to be so of late. She could not help but grin at Thurion's diplomatic description of the events with Tion Hegemony.

Coci was about begin to speak when Master Kawakami finally arrived, she paused and watched the woman seat herself and give her apologies.

"The Tion Hegemony spoke much of their concerns for the peoples of the planet, not only of their assets, which I believe to have been the true nature of the invitation extended to us. They mentioned that they have concerns about us ruling over Tion, both Thurion and myself tried to relieve their concerns that we wish for no rule and had explained the position of the Silver Jedi. Many question were asked, very little answered, on both parts. I will be frank and tell you all that I do not trust them, I believe they need to be watched and to see exactly how concerned for their peoples they actually are. We do not have Tion under our protective area, it is within Levantine Sanctum protective space, so I left confused as to why we were contacted". she smiled a knowing smile.

"However, I do believe they have interests on Rudrig, Raxus and Lianna, I think they have very little concern for nothing save their company".

Listening to the introductions from [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], the meeting was easy for him to adjust to, straight into to business. Reading over the datapad Kei scratched his slightly stubbled chin, there was catching up to do on the details of the hegemony. He was sure with how travelled they were, at least one of the wildcards would have information to be useful to the order.

Rebuilding bridges with the republic, he had his own to do for obvious reasons, something for him to face in the future. Importantly since [member="Vulpesen"] ’s warning, Coruscant was on his mind, it the closest thing he’d had to a home before coming here.

Kei nodded firmly to [member="Aika Kawakami"], the first time he had met the woman, the full council in attendance to him meant solidarity, and for that he was grateful.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] summed up the situation in detail, and he listened long and hard. A learned man, who wasn’t Kei, might say any council was a balance of voices, with personalities that balanced each other out, in the best interest of who they were trying to help. While other minds here might turn to the negotiation, his went to the defense of the order, on instinct because of who he was.

Looking to Coci, “Do you sense they were deliberately being evasive or hiding their intent Master Heavenshield?” Then after a time he asked, “could their company work with the order?” Defense, and a practical attitude to solve a problem, that was Kei.

"They will likely not work with us Amadis."

I had been silent for the most part. Noting another Masters return to the seat within the council chambers as we were going to discuss more about the Tion cluster, and everyone else that had been there to... in a word... debate over what was happening and why. It was now that I spoke up reflecting on the Tion and their companies.

"If they choose to work with us, they will push for every inch of proverbial ground they can. Wanting everything they can for their own companies. Their incentive is not seeing that the people are safe. It's seeing customers and consumers able to buy their products, and the credits they can get off of them."

I shook my head and looked between everyone and knowing first hand how this happened, because I had once lived in the situation that the people who live within the Tion sector have to deal with.

"You will find all kinds of crime there. From the simple thug, to the hidden gang boss. And even the corporate CEO's who take the money earned for their own. In essence. 'Everyone is equal, but we are more equal."

Looking back to the Knight and his question,

"Should we work with them? I say no. Keep a watch on them? Absolutely. We would be idiots not to. Anyone can appear shady. But its the ones with the most power you need to fear."

[member="Kei Amadis"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Aika Kawakami"], [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Nima Tann"],

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
As she listened the Masters speaking about a company willing to work with Order with some exceptions and probably demands, hearing different opinions about the matter, she wanted to speak too. Being a Knight and understanding little diplomacy, she didn't know it was a good idea or a naive one.

"I think we have to give them the benefit of the doubt. They know we are better than them, they need us more than we need them. They'll think twice if they don't want lightsabers behind their doors. If we show them that we don't trust them, distrust will spread like a disease and we will be no use to each other. But 'if' we want to watch them, it has to be from the shadows. They have to feel like we trust them, so they'll let their guard down. And they'll do mistakes when they feel the most comfortable."

"I believe in this matter, Master Harrison will provide us the shadow we need." She said her piece and gave a small nod. Yes, she was getting used to the politics already.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Kei Amadis"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Resting his head in his hand, leg still crossed over in his lap, it was refreshing to hear the closest members of the Order together debating and fronting thoughts in a calm and collective way, rather than in the heat of battle of over glasses of mead and Blue Milk.

Hearing of the Tion issue, Connor gently rubbed his chin as the others talked, talking a little hint from Nima. He nodded and flexed his hands on the seat.

"Maybe the Jedi Order of the Republic has a view on this, any contacts or leads? If you want me to find out what I can on them and their known activity I will be happy to. And, as Nima says, I'm more than happy to have a little scout around their operations from the shadows."

He looked over them all.

"As Xander notes, those with power are clearly the ones to watch before they get an offer from our enemies that they can't refuse to join forces or as such."

[member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​
"I believe the Jedi Order have enough issues they are dealing with and we have not spoken with them as yet, at this point I don't think we need to. All your points and concerns are vaild and will be taken into account. I am not sure about giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I do think we need to keep watch on them over those worlds which are as yet not under our protection, they may need to be however". She shifed in her seat to gain more comfort.

"The Tion company mentioned possible trade with them, ships and the like, but there are more than one company out there we can trade with and with far less of a cloud around them. This point of the discussion gave me pause, I feel there is a hidden agenda there too. Maybe I am over protective but I think we should move on this with more thought and caution".

Coci agreed more with Xander but everyone had a fair and good point. A problem is best solved with many heads to the thinking of it.

Connor nodded once to Coci, tapping his fingers on the arm of his seat in submission and heeded her words. He could see now the other side of the Jedi way – deliberation, difference of opinion about a greater goal and various methods of acting where only one would triumph.

It was something Connor wasn’t the best at understanding, but would have to learn to and not take things personally.

"Trading is fine, but that could just be a smoke screen for something greater that they have in mind? I don’t know. I don’t like it. Don’t forget Master Heavenshield…Coci - " he smiled brielfly at the point of making sure the right one knew they were being talked to, " - the Silver Jedi are spread thin. We have more Padawns seeking our guidance, which is wonderful, but the number of Knights and Masters out there is worrying. We act far and wide, using all our resources on our own expeditions and assignments, and personal issues are also something to consider for well-being and safety, but if something were to happen…I fear we may not have the capacity to stand alone as we should without the Jedi Order as a safety net."

Time had moved on, years had passed but that little evil rooted in his brain was a reminder of why he may be the most expendable asset of them all.

"I’m sorry, I hope that didn’t come over wrong?"

He was never good at trying to convey his unique values to others without coming over reckless.

Trion, now Kei had a better lay of the land, and who they were dealing with, he put the datapad down. “Yes Master heavenshield, we should monitor them closely.” He trusted his old friend and Master’s judgement, Xander as well, he also felt as Nima did, that nobody was beyond redemption.

If they kept updated about Trion, if a problem arouse or Trion changed their philosophy the Silver Jedi could act to help or hinder.

Working with the republic, Kei had greatly mixed feelings on this issue given his past and was remaining silent, inner conflict certainly. He believed the Silver Jedi were a hope for the future, a place where all good Jedi or force users could tread, without being judged for who they were, and wanted more than anything to hang onto that. It was a clear attachment in the Knight. He also saw the need for unity in uncertain times between strong allies, which the republic were.

On balance, it was the defender over the diplomat in him that won out to speak:

“Not dismissing anything Master's, I would caution over relying on anyone.” favoring they look to their own defenses, but followed, “I could help in that regard."

[member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Aika Kawakami"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Nima Tann"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom