Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The brightest of flames must burn out

Courscant
Mid-Level City
Afternoon

I took a breath of the natural pollution that I had grown up around for almost ten years. Now that is has been almost twenty since I have last actually been here for no other reason than to simply be here. It was nice. The War with the Protectorate was slowing down somewhat as we had to avoid trying to get into another confrontation with them. I adjusted my black leather vest, and with a parting of my hair to my left side, I grabbed my normal gear of my Magmasaber, and my Phoenix Sword.

I played with my rings as I walked off of the ship. Running my course hands over the blades of the rings. Really it was not used as a weapon, more so a tool of fear and sometimes was good to use instead of a pocket knife. However, these rings had seen their share of blood in the battle. I remembered as I clawed a man in the throat with these rings. Looking like talons of a bird. I cherished them greatly. The sun was out, but would be setting soon as I made my way down the streets. Not fearing anybody as I had grown up here since the age of nine. Hell, I even knew most of the old bar owners around here. I had worked for them for a time. Now, I was considered a master of the force. Even if I didn't feel like it after almost 5 years of being called one.

Walking towards the "Prancing Rancor Bar and Grill" I smiled as before I had even reached the door, the owner, Jegorn, walked out and gave me a large hug. The rotund man of about seventy now was getting wider around the edges. But even after years, he could still see who I was. I gave him a hug back and he just whistled as he took a step back. "In all my years I would have never expected to see you like this Fire boy." Using my nickname for how I had used Fire Shaping for work and to protect myself. "Come inside and let me show you what we have." Following him I smiled and nodded my head. "I have been away for far to long my dear friend."

He patted me on the back and smiled broadly. "I have someone you might like to meet. They have good skills just as you had when you were his age. Maybe you could take him under your wing? I nodded. "Only if you are okay with loosing another worker." The man's hearty laugh made me smile as we walked in. He then pointed to a young man. Wearing a Red beani and dressed just about the same as I had, only he was wearing a jean vest with a series of shirts and jackets under it. With the Apron on him, I could almost see myself as the man handed out a bear to someone. "Hey! Ash get over here!" The man looked up to his boss and myself and walked over. instantly giving me a hand shake. "You must be the Morna that J keeps telling me about." With a smile on the man's face I nodded my head.

"That I am."

[member="Darth Mierin"],

J3C0

J
[member="Morna Imura"]
Mierin walked down the pathway of the mid-city of Coruscant. Her head was held high, though obscured by a veiled hood that hid her face and attached to a long flowing robe. It seemed to flap and flip around in the breeze, moving about as she pushed against a light gust of wind that caught against her. Bright yellow eyes showed beneath the hood, scanning and searching the crowds that seemed to stream passed her as she moved further into the city.

There was a look of determination on her face, a hound following the trail of prey.

She had sensed something earlier, something strong. It was not oft that Mierin delved into the lower cities of Coruscant, preferring to stay upon the heights of the world where the rich and the royals gathered. Today had been different however, and due to a slight security alert the once Queen of Athiss had been forced into what she considered the lower fringes of the city, even if she was only going to the mid-levels.

Once there she had discovered the murdered body of a Sith Apprentice, one of the humans who had been taken from the Jedi upon the sacking of Coruscant. The young man had apparently ran afoul of some sort of gang down here in the mid-levels, and they had taken their toll on the foolish boy before he cried for help.

There was nothing Mierin could do about it, no revenge would be exacted against the gang, after all if the apprentice had been foolish enough to die to a bunch of street rats, then he was hardly the correct material for a Sith.

As she had inspected the corpse however something had caught her interest. On the fringes of her senses, at the very tip of what she perceived within the force, The Sith Pureblood had felt an echo of power. She had sensed strength in the force nearly equal to her own, and like a baited fish, Mierin had been caught up within its thrall. She knew that no other One Sith member was down here, their location would have been reported and informed.

So she followed the sense, moving through the crowd until she stumbled upon the “Prancing Rancor Bar and Grill”.

Making no attempt to hide herself, the cloaked figure entered the patio of the small restaurant, the darkside of the force flowing through her and yellow eyes scanning the inside of the building through large panes of window glass. She tried to find the person she sensed, her eyes focusing on what she perceived to be a young man.

Mieirn waited for him to notice as something slithered across her shoulder beneath the robes.

Work was not going too awfully bad. Right now I was washing glasses only to be used again by someone wanting a drink. I also accepted orders on the bar that was here. Apparently since the simple bar had been converted into a place where others could eat food as well, it allowed for younger people, Under twenty-one years of age to work here and earn some credits. I happened to be under twenty-one and worked hard. Over the past few months I had worked for J who always told me about this Morna kid about twenty years ago. He said the man was unlike any other worker he had. Moving faster than the others even at his age of nineteen or so. I always shook my head and rolled my eyes as he would tell me every time when I would seem to be like this man.

He said that we had the same attitude about work, and that was to get it done so we could do more. and also the idea that both of us dressed about the same. Sudden as J left the bar he came back in with a man, about mid thirties to fourties. I was called over to him and shook his hand. It was nice to meet someone I was considered to be a younger brother around here to. It was then that a second person walked in. Hidden by a hood and garb, I knew almost instantly that they were part of the One Sith. The almost predatory eyes that were under his or her cowl seemed to stare in my soul. I then nodded my head. "It was nice to meet you Morna, However I must get back to work. I am still on the clock."

I smiled as the man started to leave. he looked behind me at some point and so as he walked away, I looked to J and then to the newcomer. Oh this was probably not going to be good. With the new leadership under the control of the One Sith. I had heard about their ideals of making them join you or die. It was not something that I was all to keen in doing. I also wanted to be a good example for my Wife Lexa. She had fallen to the Dark side as well as I. So working with them, would not be good for her or myself.

I nodded my head to the newcomer. Patting the back of J as I walked away, Hearing him walk up to the Sith, "Is there anything I can do for you?" I pulled out a kolto Cigar and snapped my fingers. With the aid of Fire shaping, I ignited the cigar so then I could smoke as I had done for many years now. And with a puff the bright flame went out away from my hand. Taking a nice drag as I walked over to the bar and order that drink I owned.

"Ash, Get me a simple beer if you will."

[member="Darth Mierin"],

J3C0

J
Mierin's eyes flashed over towards the fat jolly looking man for a moment. Her head raised slightly and her hands came up to remove the hood from over her face. There was no need to hide herself after all, no one would dare harm her. Her soft crimson lips parted slightly in a smile. “Yes.”

The word was said politely, but firmly.

She didn't have time for food or drink, she needed to speak to that man inside, and then leave. The topic of force users was an interesting one for the One Sith. Generally, their mission statement was “join or die”. This could not always be enforced of course, simple logistics did not allow for it, however on Coruscant, the shinning jewel of their Empire, it had to be.

“That man. Bring him to me, please.” Again her voice remained as steady as a rock, never wavering, never intoning any emotion except for command.

Her small hand pointed to [member="Morna Imura"].

As Morna walked over and asked for a beer, I reached under the cabinet for a glass. I then pulled on the arm of the keg to let the beer flow from the opening into the glass. I then placed it on the counter as I heard a woman's voice speak out in wanting "him." Looking up, I could see the Sith bloodred skin that she had. as well as the little... um what was the word for it? fingers? from her face? I forgot that as I could clearly see she wanted someone.

Not me. Morna. The man of the hour.

I had a bad feeling about this.

I smiled as the young man grabbed me the beer. It was almost then that I could hear even breathing stop.

“That man. Bring him to me, please.”

I looked up to Ash, and his face was white as though he had seen a ghost. With my right hand I placed it on my hip as I stood while my left grabbed the cold beer. I turned around to face whoever it was. Taking a drink. looking at her as she was not one who wanted to hide herself. Looks like I would not be leaving here without a talk to, or a fight.

"Which man woman. A vagabond that I am? or are you looking for someone else?"

​I never really liked getting into fights. But it was sometimes reinvigorating to do. It kept you on your toes and allowed you to feel alive for a few minutes in your life. And after a fight was done and you were on top, you felt like you could take on the Galaxy. Here it was the opposite. I almost felt depressed that I would be getting into another fight.

"J, I would like to ask for all of you to leave." Speaking as I sat the glass on the counter, I didn't want this.

[member="Darth Mierin"],

J3C0

J
Mierin simply waited.

She locked eyes with the man now, golden yellow orbs drilling into his skull as surely as any laser would. The Pureblood had often been told she had a commanding presence, one that told of power and authority. In large part, she had given this air of authority over to her gaze. The Cold yellow eyes that she bore intimidated most species, and even those of her own kind found Mierins look to be particularly...harsh at times.

As the creature slithered over her back and seemed to place itself over her spine, its multiple heads spreading out on her shoulders beneath the robes a pleasant tingling sensation ran across her skin. The Hydra Staff could feel the tension within her, it itched to lash out.

Of course the weapon was something of a last resort. She had her lightsaber still and above all her command of the force would be what would win this day if the man before her refused to cooperate. Yet the Hydra was a living breathing thing, it could feel the tension within the air, and it seemed to feed off of it, becoming eager as any gladiator.

"I think that would be for the best." She commented.
[member="Morna Imura"]

I kept looking at the woman. Her yellow eyes sent shivers in me, but I held myself as I have faced others who would be considered just as powerful as her. However, I did not know all that she could do. Of course, she would have a Lightsaber. It was of the Sith to have one. But when I noticed that something within her cloak moved around her in a very awkward fashion, I knew something else was up. The ripples across her body made everyone else in the bar shiver as they moved out in any form possible. As people started to move out, either moving past the woman or jumping over the counter to leave out the back, I turned my head slightly, but not my eyes as I stared back at her.

"Ash, Get out."

I knew that if Ash was anything like I was, he would try and stay. But from the side of my vision I could see him nod his head and leave without taking anything. I pulled out the lightsaber hilt that was on my belt. Letting the sword on my back stay there for now.

"I will go ahead and say that you will not sway me. nor I you."

I ignited the lightsaber to allow the pop hiss of the fiery orange blade to light up the room in it's brilliance. I swung it a few times in a circle in front of me as the hums fade in and out in my ears as the blade swayed.

"Lades first."

[member="Darth Mierin"],

J3C0

J
[member="Morna Imura"]
Mierin let out a sigh. Another crusader for justice, another man unwilling to see the truth of the Dark Lord. How many had she killed now? How many had she murdered and executed because they refused to follow the path of Order? She frowned, and slowly unfasted the clasps of her robe.

“Then you have chosen death.” Mierin said as she undid the last clasp. The black robe fell onto the ground, swirling in the wind for only a moment and revealing the five heads of the Hydra Staff that had perched near her head. Two of them lay across her bare shoulders, laying over the thin straps of cloth that held her top into place. A third ran directly up her spine, stopping at the base of her hair, and the other two floated between her head and her shoulders, rhythmically dancing and moving about as if they were about to strike.

Her hand raised, palm pushed out.

Then the force welled up and released in an instant. An unseen wave of pressure erupted from Mierin, not directed at the man, but instead at the two massive panes of glass that stood between them. She burst them apart into millions of pieces, shredding the glass into sharp spikes and then directing them towards the man.

With the releasing of the cloak, I saw the multi heads on the woman. Different in color to her skin, and the wrapping around her body, I could tell that it was some snake of a kind. Probably not made naturally as I was a Researcher in my past. I should know alot on the different animals and beasts of planets, but this was not one that I knew of. This would be interesting as the woman was also wearing a rather revealing set of clothing for her top. All while her hand came up and blasted the glass that was in front of me. My own left hand came up and as the shards came to me, they stopped and slammed into an invisible barrier. Only to clink and hit the ground after falling.

As the shards stopped pinging into the shield, my hand then made a twisted cup shape with my fingers as a gathering of the force lashed out in the form of a fire ball. The good thing about force shields, is that most people knew how to protect against physical attacks, or most alter powers of the force. However, heat was not a physical trait. Should she use a force shield like I had with the force, she could possibly still feel the heat that I could administer unto her.

Three fire forms flew from my hand to her. Just aimed to harm her. Not out right kill her as she proposed to me that would be done on her end.

"I have chosen my right to myself. Not to your Dark Lord."

[member="Darth Mierin"],

J3C0

J
[member="Morna Imura"]
Mierin's line of thinking was much the same as the young mans, though perhaps a step more advanced than his own.

When the flames hissed towards her, Mierin did not bring up her hands or anything of that nature. She simply closed her eyes and concentrated in the force. Around her a shimmer appeared, a bubble forging itself all around her and building out of nothingness. The protection formed from the force itself, a thick layer to guard against all, even the vacuum of space. The flames struck it, splashing and wreathing the woman in burning heat.

She felt the bubble burn away slightly, rent and torn as the heat licked against her will in the force, only to suddenly cease as the fire burnt itself out due to lack of fuel. Her eyes snapped open, and her both stood slightly agape.

Mierin had never seen such a thing before.

The manipulation of flames, it was an ability that the Ancient Sith Pureblood was not familiar with. She had seen Sith Magic and Alchemy a plenty, but the fire had come from nothing. Her lips closed again, and from her belt she drew her lightsaber.

With a quick snap and a hiss the red blade jumped to life, held backward in her palm. Before the man could attack once more Mierin dashed forward, the force imbued within her muscles to propel her forward at near impossible speeds.

Her blade slashed at the mans midsection while two of the Amphistaff heads snapped at his throat.

The woman was smart. protecting herself against the flames that had come at her. Albet the flames went out as they struck her bubble of energy. Having nothing to feed on for energy. I smiled as she almost seen taken aback at the flames that I could control. And she would be surprised even more so if we continued to fight. her own saber came on, the red being familiar when I once was a Sith with the Fallen Sith Empire during the time of Ashin being the Empress. Even training under a Red Twi'llek that seemed to have vanished from existence.

With the draw of the lightsaber I knew she would attack me with the blade. As well that going from the standing up position to that of a flit with the force, if one could pay attention, the subtle hints of an attack could help you survive. As did now. While the woman rushed me I lifted both hands and as suddenly as she had moved from the other side of the room, A pillar of earthen material had popped up from the ground only inches in front of me.

Her saber cut through the rock with relative ease, but as it was about a foot and a half thick, it was not cutting as fast as it could have like living flesh. As well that the top block fell down after I sidestepped it with the snakes heads trying to bite into the rock. Fairly stupid idea. It was then that I rushed at her with a swipe of my blade from her left shoulder to right hip followed with my left hand sending this time, a stream of fire. Bright and burning, At this close of a range, even I could feel the metal melting heat.

[member="Darth Mierin"],

J3C0

J
Mierin showed no surprise this time, simply reacting to the man as fast as she could.

The Heads of the Amphistaff almost immediately stiffened. Almost as by reflexive the strange creature turned one of its multiple heads into a weapon, catching the blade of his lightsaber before it could even touch her perfectly smooth crimson skin.

At the same time Mierin twisted in place, moving about and pulling her lightsaber back, shifting her feet to dodge the impulse of flame that rushed passed her. Unfortunately she was not quite fast enough, and liquid hot fire shot across a tiny section of her back as she turned. Pain lanced through her, but the licking of the flames did not slow her down, the power of the darkside focusing her agony into more spreed.

She slashed her lightsaber towards the mans legs, aiming to cut deep into his thighs as her other hand came up. Flashes of purple and blue lightning danced across her fingertips, and then lanced out towards the young man.
[member="Morna Imura"]

The woman was fast and agile. I could give her that. And having the many heads to somehow grab my saber, I now knew they were lightsaber resistant. With the red saber coming for my legs, and the grip of my own saber within the mouth of the creature's heads, My off hand came down across my chest down to my legs as I bended at the knees. My arm then blocked the saber in the same form of a Force Barrier that was focused around my arm. Literally smacking the blade away from my legs.

My hand still on the saber, I pulled straight back to let my saber either slide free of the creature's mouths, or be attached to it as I would come around and swing in an uppercut fashion to block the lightning charge that would come between the two of us.

This woman was fast. and if it was possible, we could have probably stood toe to toe for a while. But I wanted a field that was more slanted to my side. My off hand took the focus used for the barrier to concentrate it into a rather large force push. All the while, I didn't pay attention to the tables and chairs that were now on fire as most of my flame stream had missed this Sith pureblood. if we stayed under here for too long, the building would fall on top of us in a fiery blaze.

[member="Darth Mierin"],

Moving out after everyone else had. I moved past the machines in the back just as everyone else had. And after passing the back door, I propped it open should Morna need it. You could never go wrong with a open door. But as I was standing there, I heard the hum of the iconic Lightsabers activate and the sounds of glass breaking and what seemed to be fire and almost as though a mini earthquake came from the room. I tried to resist the urge, but I went back into the bar and watched as the pillar of earth was cut, and the orange lightsaber Morna held was caught by a hydra looking creature.

I was low to the ground hoping to not catch Morna's attention and get him into trouble with the fight. And as soon as I could see the fire stream that Morna had unleashed I just stood there astonished as the items behind the woman were now ablaze. I turned around the corner and grabbed the fire extinguisher just in case flames got to me.

J3C0

J
Mierin let the man push her away.

There was no real way of blocking a force push that she knew of, unless it was with another force push. Unfortunately both of her hands were busy. Before she flew away however, three of the Amphistaff heads raised themselves. The two that had been laying on her shoulder snapped up instantly, opening their maws while the third that had been the stone loosed itself, they spat their poison.

Amphistaffs could spit their poison nearly twenty meters, at this range it would be difficult to block.

The force push however, landed squarely against Mierin and quickly she was thrown back against one of the far tables. Flames surrounded her and bit at her skin, though quickly she waved her arms, her lightsaber slicing through wood and steel as the force threw away the bits, cascading the flaming table away from her.

Steam hissed off her exposed skin, fleshy burns that wrinkled and caused pain to surge through her body. With each wave of agony she felt the force grow within her, her scowl deepening on her face.

This time she waited for him to attack, standing among the flames.
[member="Morna Imura"]

My force push had worked. Getting her away from me. However, Three shots of what looked to be a mix of green and red liquid fired out from the maws of the beasts that were on her back. I tried to sidestep the spit that was thrown at me, but as from what I could tell, this improved version of an Amphistaff was more accurate than I had expected. I felt a excruciating burning sensation on my left shoulder. It started to burn through my jacket and as the woman was getting out of the flaming wreckage of the room, I pulled off my jacket to try and lessen the amount of poison that was held against my skin.

I threw the jacket off to the side and scoffed as the woman stood up waiting for me. I could feel the burn as the remaining acid was wiped away with a small act of TK. I didn't want to touch it and possibly spread the acid to my hand or arm. looking to my skin to see that I would have to heal it later on, I could see the underlying layer of flesh and muscle that had been burned down too. It then began to darken in a red color as the blood rushed to try and block the open passages in my arm. I turned to the woman and shook my head with a tisk tisk.

"That was my favorite vest woman."

I then began to walk towards her with my left arm's pain fueling my power shooting out of the arm once more into the form of Sith lighting Lashing out in any direction that was within the woman's area. After using the power, I had continued to simple walk, almost saunter towards her with my saber off to my side.

[member="Darth Mierin"],

J3C0

J
Her saber came up instantly, the lightning catching on the blade. It sparked and danced in place as long as he kept it up, the red mixing with blue and purple as it bounced over and over again, never threatening to touch her or break away from the plasma that held it in place.

Mierins face remained impassive, never changing, never altering even as the flames danced all around her. She was aware of them now, the fire that raged around them in this building. The Hissing of the Amphistaff in her ears seemed to call attention to them, four heads dancing as they came off the main body still attached to her spine, they were eager for more fighting.

For a second, her eyes narrowed.

Then her free hand shot up, quickly closing in a crushing motion. A powerful sense of the force would suddenly grip around Morna's left thigh, a vice gripping, muscle, bone, and veins. She aimed to crush anything and everything within his leg, rendering him immobile.
[member="Morna Imura"]

The lightning was not really meant to harm her. More so keep her busy with her saber arm as I walked towards her. The heat in the room had risen to higher levels as though we were standing wide open in the desert on Korriban. Hot and almost blinding as the smoke in the room traveled to the top. WIth me able to control the flames I could resist it. I could almost heal from it if I really tried to accomplish that. In the over twenty years of smoking, I never had tar in my lungs. Thank you Fire shaping.

it was as I was walking that I felt a crushing on my left thigh. crushing down on the leg and I could almost feel the bending of the leg as it was about to snap. it was laced with pain, but not as bad as having a limb cut off. I could deal with it to an extent. I had to stop my lightning front. I had to act fast. And seemingly as all beings were made of flesh, and fire was all around us. This was my homefield advantage. my left hand was open to her, and as my fingers closed into a fist, the fires that raged all around her, converged into one point of the room. The one she happened to be sitting in.

[member="Darth Mierin"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom