Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blades in the Ice

Crystal_Caves.jpg
While being excited for this moment Morgana couldn't help but feel ervous as she and her friend [member="Sheila"] were flying their way towards the famous planet of Illum. They'd been granted the chance to do what was needed to becoming knights, mainly creating their own lightsabers. And to do so involved going to the icy planet and finding the key component to any lightsaber, a crystal. Morgana had heard the tales of some of the trials Jedi faced when going into the cave. Some had it easier than others, which was itself just another natrual test of the Force. Morgana also wondered what it would be like to finally have a real lightsaber, especially when compared to all the times her training saber had come in handy. For whatever else she was at least glad she wasn't doing this alone.​
Sitting in the cockpit of the shuttle Morgana had the flight on auto-pilot while after finishing dressing herself in gear more suited for the colder climate. A nice scarlet colored jacket and dark pants along with boots and gloves and a backpack with the needed gear. No telling how long either of them were going to be looking for their needed crystals. She was actually more curious about her friend Sheila, and not just about how she would do in the cold. She'd never seen someone so small having a lightsaber that fit their size, which made her question if the peices of that scale were even possible. But she'd seen enough times that anything was possible. She shrugged and simply hoped her friend would not have come all this way for nothing.​
A little indicator went off, making Morgana speak up and say "Almost there. Another ten minutes and we'll both be one step closer to finally getting out lightsaber crystals." she sighed and added "Wonder what it'll be like. I've never even seen pictures of Illum."

[member="Morgana Forceborn"]

Sheila had heard she was going to an ice planet.... she was going to freeze herself to death if she wasn't careful but where before she had been thrust by the Vitae into the ice by her master an left to run into the clothing of another apprentice. It had not been fun and then there was the time she and Zreame with Kay were in the cave and well she was sitting there looking at Morgana... They might be friends and partners in some missions but she doubted the padawan was going to grab her, jam her between her chest and keep her warm. That as she had observed took a lot of friendship and being comfortable with each other.

"Alright then we shall have a great time." She wasn't that close with the girl to say 'Jam me in your chest' no she instead would use the tools of her people. A slightly shicker outfit made to keep her warm and to hold the parts. She had managed to get a diagram of a lightsaber built for the larger humans and then she had used Armatech and her friendships with them to get carbon nanotubes and nano parts to machines to create the parts. She could try and make one using the model of a spinning lightsaber with two blades and a guard covering her hand. She even had a hat and stood on her shoulder. "I am ready, should be nice and warm."

Looking and what [member="Sheila"] was wearing made Morgana perk an eyebrow. "You sure?" she asked, still looking. "Because, if need be, I could keep you in my pocket or something until we get inside. My aster told me the inside of the caves where we can find the crystals are far warmer than the wheather outside." As she told about this they were coming all the more closer to Illum, finally dropping out of hyperspace to see the pale planet itself.​

"No I must try and do this myself." Sheila said it standing there and then she thought about having to actually walk since her wings could get brittle and snap with the cold. "On second thought I am preferring the idea of your pocket I might feel safe there and humans usually leave things in there." She said with with a smile walking over and nodding so she was in sight of Morgana and sat down looking. "ALright now which pocket would be safest, don't want you to sit on me by accident." She was moving around just a little before sliding into her front pocket with her tool kit for the lightsaber. "I wonder if there will be a crystal my size in there?"

Morgana smiled while rolling her eyes at the fact [member="Sheila"] was so worried about her sitting on her. If anything she wasn't that forgetful to know a living person was inside her pocket. But at least she decided on the front one which would be easier. After she asked about a crystal Morgana shrugged and said "We might have to find one and then chip a piece off. Or rather YOU will. I doubt I can make one that small enough." After that she watched the shuttle eventually touch down on Illum. The wind and snow was already whipping wildly before they could see the entrance to a cave nearby. It was clear, given it's look, that this was the cave where any and all Jedi had come to search for their crystals. She sighed before pulling up her hood and placing goggles over her eyes before saying "Here we go." As they exited Morgana was already hit by how heavy the wind was, and how cold. She held her arm up and over her eyes to help walk the few dozen feet towards the cave mouth. Her other hand was over her front pocket to make sure Sheila wasn't pulled out by the violent wind.​

Sheila was looking at the woman and gave a nod of her head. She put a small face mask with goggles on when looking at the world and pointed forward with her gloved hand as she squeaked. "To adventure." She was looking at it and the small toolkit of parts she had were pressing against her and the pockets lining. She bounced a little in excitement with her triumph against the snow and chilling wind by doing this... Her master she didn't know if she would be pleased but her master was understanding just treated her like she was fragile and a kid... She was two years old she was old enough to be married and pregnant.... She was an adult while speaking. "So how have things been working out for you, my master was showing me how to crush things with the force."

Morgana had almost missed what [member="Sheila"] had said over the snow and wind ripping about. Thankfully the little pixie-like alien had a voice loud enough to be heard. "I've just been trying to keep up with my training." she yelled over the winding raoring. "I'm hoping I'll be ready for the Knight trials soon. That's partly why I agreed to do this. Besides, better to have my saber now before I'm feel too old or something, right?" Finally they'd come to the entrance into the cave where, upon entering, everything seemed all the more clamer and tranquil. As Morgana removed her hood and goggles she could see everything had a natrual beauty of ice and snow to it. Either it had been carved this way or nature had a true sense of art and beauty. This moment allowed for Sheila to fly as free as she wanted while Morgana looked around.​

"Yeah if I was your age I would be far to old to do a lot of things." Sheila climbed out of the pocket and onto her shoulder as she tested herself, the wings not instantly freezing but she wasn't certain of how long they would have... well she would have. The temperature was still lower then she would like to be safe and she spoke. "It is still cold but I might be able to pull it off, have to look up how to use some of those skills the books were talking about. All nice and toasty with tapas which I am disappointed they haven't taught me yet." She fluttered and landed on a rock taking a moment as she sat down to breathe in and out.

Morgana only gave a small hum to what [member="Sheila"] had said while still looking around. Now that they were inside the cave it was a matter of finding the way further in, where the lightsaber crystals would be. A small entrance into the darker parts of the tunnels laid nearby, something Morgana pointed out to her friend. She walked over to the mouth of it before seeing how dark it was inside. Thinking for a moment she pulled out a glow-stick and snapped it open, providing enough light to see only a few more feet further in. Looking back to Sheila she asked "You ready?"

"No but what kind of adventurer would I be if I was always ready." She stood there on the rock and then flew pushing the force to keep her wings warm and protected for a short time as she landed on the woman's shoulder and was looking deeper into the tunnel. "Alright lets go kick some ice.... it will be a cold day before we lose... What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice caves...." She was laughing to herself and oh she had a million of them... they could totally have the ice puns rolling around while she prepared herself for the cold.

As [member="Sheila"] landed on her shoulder and gave her terrible ice jokes Morgana gronaed and rolled her eyes before saying "Please no more. Otherwise I'd rather go back outside and freeze." With the glow-stick in hand she began to trump through the icy cavern, often stopped to make sure they were not heading off the trail and off the side of a drop or the like. Everything was so dark she was starting to wonder if their were actually any crystals here to begin with. Still the cave had something of a low resounding sense of the Force all about it. The echoing cracking of ice beneth her boots added a eerie tone to it as well.​

Sheila was focused but almost rolling off of Morgana's shoulder as the woman was walking in the darkness. Even letting the force energy around herself glow she wasn't certain they could illuminate it as in the distance she felt hot... like summers day hot in the winter gear. Then there was a faint glow against the wall once they were in deep enough that sparkled. Slowly Sheila was sitting on her shoulder legs crossed and meditating while moving to try and sense with the force a crystal or energy that was coming to her. She felt a small buzzing at the back of her head while looking over the shadows and sparkles on the wall. "Sparkle sparkle sparkle"

"Yeah. But not quite the sparkles we're looking for." Morgana noted as they went further in. Eventually they came to a smaller opening, one Morgana had to crouch through, only to be hit by an almost blinding light once they entered. When they could see again their eyes would behold the spectcale of an entire chamber filled with saber crystals. All manner of colors from green to purple and yellow. Morgana was amazed to where she was spinning with her walking, trying to see every possible vantage point of this room. it was clear the crystals were lite due to the light from the glow-stick, otherwise the room would be as dark as everything else in the cave system. "Now THAT'S the sparkle we're looking for." she commented.​
[member="Sheila"]​

Sheila had to admit as she was sitting there and looking.... Morgana didn't smell as nice as zreame but as explained that might be the pheromones and being this close you had to notice the small things while her mind was reaching out to the crystals around them and Sheila pumped her wings rising up. Eyes closed and reaching out while she fluttered to the different crystals while she was touching the wall and nodding more to herself in understanding. She was searching for what called to her and all around she could feel the force as she moved touching small shards of crystal that were so delicate until she was holing one prismatic crystal shard in her hands.

[member="Sheila"] had the right idea, making Morgana begin to look around for a crystal of her own. Her hand glided against the wall as she felt some of the crystals that stuck out like studs in a door. She closed her eyes, trying to use the Force to sense which one was right for her. That had been something the Jedi taught, how the crystal chose the Jedi and not the other way around. It was all part of the creed that went into a lightsaber, how it and the Jedi and the crystal that powered it were one. It was not just a weapon it was the Jedi's way of life. Eventually she stopped as she felt her hand conenct with one. She opened her eyes, seeing that it was small enough to where her entire palm covered it. Pulling back she saw it, a shining blue colored crystal. She smiled, knowing this was the one.​

Sheila could see her as she took out her kit of parts and went to a rock. Letting the force guide her as the small diagram for her and Morgana to follow was in the larger woman's pocket. A grin was on her face before they were able to move along. She was looking it over while holing the shard and slowly letting herself close her eyes, hands being guided with the force as she slowly started assembling the miniature machined parts into position. It might not be able to leek as cool and impressive but she was looking at it while the circular guard came into place. The sabers hilt rotating in it while she held it and checked what it could do. The nanotechnology was able to function and that was the basis for the power and conservation there. She continued to work in silence and wait to see what Morgana was constructing.

Morgana was able to pry the crystal from the wall with ease before sitting herself down. Taking off her backpack she fiddled around before finding the parts for a true saberstaff. She needed a decent spot to lay them all out before putting the crystal right in the center. With everything set and ready she took a deep breath before closing her eyes and concentrating. The crystal was part of her. The crystal was part of the blade. The blade was part of her. They were one. The blade. The Jedi. The crystal. All together. That was the mantra of the lightsaber used among the Jedi, and something she repated often to herself when working with her training saber. As she focused on this the parts began to fly around and fit themselves one after the other, all around the lightsaber crystal itself. Within a few moments it was done. A fully contructed lightsaber staff gentled lowered into Morgana's awaiting hand. Once it did she opened her eyes and smiled. She'd done it.​
[member="Sheila"]​

Sheila held her spinning double blade as the little pixie rose up from her position and held it. Like a disc almost with two nubs she tested it letting the center spin while she moved with it and even threw it in an arc. The blades didn't activate yet but she caught it and shifted the disc to make a guard as the small near silent snap hiss came. A pink beam of light appeared and Sheila was holding her nanoquistor blade while a smile appeared on her face. Seeing Morgana with her blade as the As-Aki fluttered up to see her and held it there at the ready with the colors shifting to a purple then red.

When [member="Sheila"] had shown hers off Morgana rolled her eyes before commenting to herself "Is everyone starting to use those things now?" She didn't bother for an answer before saying to the little pixie girl "Guess we're all done here." She did give a curious look on her face before asking "How exaclty are you going to fight with that thing?"

Sheila looked at her and spoke as she held it testing the second blade and spinning of it while she heard the hum and was bobbing her head. "You could dance to that." She was bouncing a little though while thinking of how to be serious and spoke. "Well I can use it the same way you do with style and flare and I can fly.... Plus I have been lifting can't you tell." She flex her arms for a moment staying in that pose while she slid the disc onto her belt. "Also easier carrying and it can come in handy with strength enhancement skills I have been getting taught.... but now we have the real trick. We need to test them someplace safe but not cold and someplace where we can do a lot of good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom