Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Art of Battle

A bundle of nervous energy, Cryax Bane waited patiently in his workout clothes in the main chamber of the Royal Dragon Club on Antecedent, a planet notorious for being ground zero of The Red Ravens criminal operations. The Ravens-owned fight club was brand spanking new and no expense was spared on its lavishness. It was the perfect place to rendezvous with a new trainer. The Chiss, a Raven himself, had hired a Rattataki martial arts expert to train him in their fine art of battle.

The training wasn't as much for him as it was a surprise for someone special. Someone he wanted to take great pains to protect. He couldn't wait to show her his moves afterwards. If he survived this training, he thought with a laugh.

For a guy who grew up obsessed with computers and Droids, hand-to-hand fighting didn't come naturally to the young Chiss. Cryax knew he was never going to be an expert in combat, but the more he trained, the more he enjoyed it.

The Chiss smirked thinking about how he used to be afraid to even throw a punch. And here he was learning Rattataki martial arts. He was getting in touch with a more animal side of himself lately and it felt good.

[member="Skrik Piper"]

Oh, this guy had better be dedicated, because it was not every day she took a trip Galactic South to train someone solo. Actually, she had never been this far Galactic South. And besides, this club should have a smoothie bar, an arcade section, a DJ booth, and all sorts of lavish amenities if she was going to take these Red Raven folks seriously.

The bouncers at the front of the establishment had forced her to leave her gun and electrostaff behind, but she had been able to convince them to allow her vibroblades beyond the the door. No one could take martial arts seriously unless the martial artists knew how to disarm an opponent. Hand-to-hand was becoming less prominent as the years went by, with new tech being produced to ward off attacks at close proximity. The fault was not in deemphasizing martial arts, but dismissing them altogether. If one knew when to utilize bodily tactics, then they were a threat no matter where or when.

Loping into the training room, the pale-skinned half-Rattataki surveyed the polished floors and riffed her fingers through her long swish of auburn hair, noting a lone Chiss just hanging around the place--her client, presumably. "You're having name's Bane?" she asked. If he said no, they were going to have a problem.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

At the sound of his name, the Chiss started and turned around. This must be his trainer. "Yep, that's me. You can call me Cryax. You're Skrik right?" he asked, sticking out his hand.

For a Chiss, the man was decidedly unChisslike. With his warm handshake and almost shy, crooked grin, the slicer seemed anything but cold and aloof.

As he scanned her with his red glowing eyes, the first thing he noticed about the Rattataki was her incredible physique. She had curves in all the right places, plus a build like a champion athlete. A long pony-tailed red mane topped off her arresting appearance. He averted his eyes, knowing it would be foolish to be impolite to a woman who was about to kick your ass.

"I've got to lay all my cards on the table," he said. "I haven't had a whole lot of experience in hand-to-hand combat, so I think you're going to have your work cut out for you." He smiled. "Don't go easy on me, though. I'm not afraid to take a beating."

Well, perhaps he was just a bit, but there was no real need for her to know that.

[member="Skrik Piper"]

It was not, in fact, her birthname, but only her neighbors really knew her by Enjenka these days. "Skrik, yes. I'm having that name," she confirmed, taking his hand with a little surprise at the rush, all the while sizing him up. They were about the same height, which could be rather beneficial in this training. Variation in height was a necessity later down the road if one was to get serious in this business, but matching sizes were ideal for the beginning.

After letting their hands disconnect, she brought her other hand up to her waist and drew her knife, blade pointing downwards, and jammed the butt of it towards the abdomen of her Chiss student. It was best to start out with the most important elements first sometimes, rather than the 'essential' elements. This was, after all, a criminal syndicate, if she had heard correctly. Defending against sneaky weapon tactics would need to be the first lesson for those who wish to associate with such ruffians.

For the entire exchange, she held a sweet, innocent smile.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

The Rattataki's smile seemed almost demure for someone who was probably a nightmare adversary in deadly hand-to-hand combat. It disarmed the Chiss. Cryax jumped back slightly as she roughly pointed the weapon at him. He took the blade apprehensively. It was obvious he didn't have much training at all with knives. As he gripped the knife in his hands, he knew enough to hold the business end away from himself, but that was about it.

The Chiss inhaled deeply and set his legs shoulder width apart, bouncing on the balls of his feet, trying to loosen his death grip on the hilt of the knife. Then he let all the air out of his lungs with a whoosh. "Ok, I think I'm ready, Skrik."

[member="Skrik Piper"]

(Soooooo sorry for that unacceptable wait!)

"Blade's hold out, away from you," she instructed, standing still in front of him without a weapon. "When you're have striking, you need swing up, not down. Hold at the hip so can strike up." Skrik mocked the motion, balling her right hand in a fist as if holding an imaginary knife, and slashing from her waist up to shoulder height.

"If you're want killing them, no stopping energy, even when it is slow through their body. Following through. Only soft cut if you want have saving them." The instructor bent her knees at the slightest angle and pointed her back foot to the side and front foot a little more straight, like a person straddling a fence. She raised her hands, palms open. "Slice at me. Let me showing you."

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom