Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Alchemy Awards - Winners' Circle

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The tribe has spoken, and there are some clear winners. Let's have a big hand for all the folks who made cool thingies, and for all the other thingy-makers on the board. As soon as the final ballot went up, we started getting even more nominations from serious challengers, who couldn't be included as voting had already started. There's a ton of deserving inventions out there, and maybe the next time we do something like this, our submissions pool will be twice the size. It's also worth noting that this contest might have looked different if we had allowed Vongshaped creations to compete (sorry [member="Reverance"]).

Best Weapon: Tie between Tantibus ([member="Darth Pikiran"]) and Dawnbringer ([member="Phylis Alince"]).

Best Armor: Tie between ACS 000 Adjudicator Battle Armor ([member="Draco Vereen"]) and Shock Gauntlets ([member="Micah Talith"]).

Best Critter: The Barkspawn ([member="Valik"]). Honorable mention to the Hadzuska Rowa ([member="Sage Bane"]) and the Golden Ropo ([member="Darth Praelior"]).

Best Sentient Sithspawn: The Hounds of Vahl ([member="The Hound"]).

Best Trinket: The Marauder's Bag ([member="Dissero"]).

Best Extrapolation from Canon: Alchemized Blood Trail Ink ([member="Soliael Devin Talith"] and [member="Micah Talith"]).

Most Original: Valarith Coins ([member="Raien Keth"]). Honorable mention to the Bone of the Undead ([member="Darth Venefica"]).

Most Ambitious: The Nightmare Child ([member="Darth Praelior"]). Honorable mention to Annulment ([member="Valik"]), Tantibus ([member="Darth Pikiran"]), and Kira Liadain's Necklace ([member="Soliael Devin Talith"]) -- a hotly contested category.

Most Movie-StarWarsy: The Hounds of Vahl ([member="The Hound"]). Honorable mention to the Valarith Coins ([member="Raien Keth"]).

SO!
I think it's pretty clear that the winners weren't necessarily the most powerful things (though I wouldn't mess with the Barkspawn), but the most clever and special, or the best at conveying a mood or theme. Creativity turned out to be a dominant priority for our community. These results are in the running for some of the best bits of alchemy I've ever seen.

Let's go out and make more.

[member="Ember Rekali"]

Congrats everyone!

Real life hit me hard this week and I wasn't able to keep up with the nominating and voting. Looking forward to the next one :)

P.S. Thanks for my honorable mention :)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vazela"] - Nominations and votes were open for days, I saw little evidence of slate voting, and -- most importantly -- by and large it looks like the best nominees in each category took most of the prizes. I'm also seeing representation from a whole lot of different social circles.

If you want other things to win, make and nominate more and better things.

I for one would welcome more innovative alchemical tech/species subs, and/or nominations for next time, from anyone who isn't happy with the results. I like seeing people make cooler stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom