Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Testing Kyber Failure Crystals (KFC)

So hello there! I'm currently subbing a new type of saber crystals http://starwarsrp.net/topic/92669-kyber-failure-crystal/and need someone to help me by making a lightsaber design different from all other types, for that we will need to find some lightsaber parts in various planets aswell as test the saber!

Whoever does this will get credits (300k to be exact) , and if the sub goes trought and I can get my lightsabers, I will add in my current ones.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
*reads sub*

So you are going to find/make a crystal that amplifies the energy output and focuses the blade enough to cut through beskar? Just using a standard ligtssaber power cell? That is ambitious and would be interesting to see and I'll help if I can.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Undin Jaii Kryze"]

Okay, as someone who does tech and works with rare materials a lot I can honestly say that having a lightsaber that's hot enough to slice through beskar is not at all plausible without killing you. Beskar can melt key word melt at prolonged exposure to temperatures around 4000 to 6000 degrees fahrenheit, and to create something that would cleanly cut through Beskar it would be so horribly hot that you'd probably end up melting the skin from your face. So if you ever go into battle with something like this make sure you like blazing hot temperatures and wear SPF 2,000,000

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Undin Jaii Kryze"]

Let me offer a few other solutions and alternatives to combating beskar wearing opponents.

1: Electric based weaponry. If your opponents suit of armor isn't insulated with a faraday cage or lining they are pretty much wearing a giant conductor.

2: Thermite based napalm. Thermite can burn at about 5000° and it really doesn't matter if it's Beskar or not, those temps will cook someone alive in their suit.

3: Beskar munitions and weapons. Do a quick ten post dev thread, go buy a gold visa from the crusaders and mine some ore. Then craft that into Beskar penetrator bullets that will puncture armor. 10 posts over 100 and it saves you time

4: Kinetic damage. Grab a sledge hammer and hit them across the face with it. Even with Beskar armor a blow to the neck and head at high speeds will break necks and cause internal hemorrhaging. Hit them with large caliber slugs, clubs, whatever.

There is so much more than just creating a "trump all beskar" card. Beskar isn't unstoppable, it's certainly a bit challenging but there are tons of ways besides taking up a crap load of time to make a weapon that will probably end up being denied or reported.

Matreya

Blonde has the right idea. In order to singularly slice through, as it feels your sub means to do, your saber will likely need to reach temperatures of several times what is required to smelt. Imagine it like this. If you cook an egg at 200 degrees it will take a moment, but at 1000? Considerably less. That's what your going for, something that will 'cook' instantly.

You would need excessive temps of 12k+, probably even more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom