Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terms Rule Poll

Should the rule dictating that factions must agree on invasion terms beforehand be...

• ...removed?

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • ...replaced with Rave Merrill's version as drawn up in the thread(see thread linked in the post for

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • ...be kept as is?

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
PLEASE READ HERE BEFORE VOTING: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/29628-removal-of-the-terms-rule/

I don't see any reason to waste time, so let's just vote, shall we? I'm pretty sure the three main options are covered here. Vote now, plz. Clarification has been made with regards to the poll and the discussion it relates to, so please don't delete it this time, @Tamara. I was editing the post to what you wanted, after all.

The rule in question:
"Before an Invasion begins, Faction Leaders must convene to discuss how the Invasion will be handled by both sides to account for fairness and balance. If a compromise cannot be reached please consult a Role-play Judge."

Rave's compromise:
When an Invasion begins, either the attacker or the defender may require a reasonable list of relevant victory objectives from the other side, to help define the scale and setting of the thread. However, other objectives or flashpoints may arise spontaneously, and must be considered equal with preset objectives in the final victory decision. This means that, since threads may proceed organically, neither party may use ongoing consultation to delay or pause an invasion.
If orbital bombardment and other air strikes occur, they must target legitimate, and legitimately known, objectives. Targeting specific individuals for air strikes, without IC cause and knowledge, is not permitted.

Marmora

M
I have to vote that it stays the same based on the sole principle of 'I shot you. No you didnt because I have this special armor." that we've heard or been involved in as kids. With it being discussed and talked about before hand, it doesn't leave it open for the large 'I did this, no you didn't' arguments that could possible develop and pull in the administrators and moderators of the site to hammer out the end result. As it stands now, I believe that the talking about it before hand prevents these possible arguments from developing.

Zion Krayt

Z
[member="Marmora"]

I'm pretty sure this poll is for you don't need to consult the defender's faction admin's for terms, when you're invading.

Or something like that.

3 posts in and people are already confused.

Go find the rule to be removed, quote it, and be extremely clear on what this poll is about or I'll delete it a second time. Quote Merrill's change, too. You're putting the cart before the horse, [member="Enigma"]

Let's not be lazy when it concerns game changing rules, or I nor any other member will take you seriously.

[member="Tefka"] There. It's edited to exactly what you asked for. Please don't delete it again - it was made so people could, in an orderly fashion without going back and forth in the thread as they've done so for almost six full pages of dialogue, voice their opinion with regards to this important topic.

And it's okay. I already know the majority of people and staff don't take me seriously. Just want to help get some solid statistics formed, that's all.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
I have voted to keep the rule in place,

HK-36 said:
I would have to disagree as well, and here's why, In the Invasion of Silken Asteroids I have seen a breakdown of communications between two factions prior to engagement, i.e. there was little discussion between the factions before the Invasion as this rule would set in place. The effects were really disheartening, plenty of bickering and OOC drama being involved into the Invasion, members leaving in frustration multiple times, harsh words being said. Therefore, I believe the rules requiring two factions to discuss prior to engagement and talk things out should be kept in place, if not enforced more, as a result one may loose the advantage of OOC surprise but in turn, hopefully, it will allow for the factions to avoid bad blood between each other along with unnecessary dramatics. Also, one could always clarify before hand that they want the thread to start as a surprise attack, knowledge of this OOCly should in no way affect things ICly. I say should because the Site is not my perfect worlds where OOC affects IC in no way whatsoever

I believe this still applies and that keeping this rule in place, and enforcing it more, will allow us to avoid a portion of the OOC fights and dramatics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom