Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tenloss RAB Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
3629barb.jpg

Intent: To create a heavy hitting squad automatic weapon for sale on the open market.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Tenloss Corporation
Model: Tenloss Repeating Accelerated Beam Weapon
Affiliation: Open Market, Tenloss Corporation
Modularity: Yes, it can be upgraded with various modifications common to ranged weapons.
Production: Minor
Material: Alusteel, durasteel, wood, and other weapon components
Classification: Particle Accelerator weapon
Size: Handheld
Length: 1,200mm
Weight: 8.5kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 50 shots
Effective Range: 1,000m
Rate of Fire: Semiautomatic, fully automatic
Special Features:
  • Particle accelerator
  • Low recoil due to weight of weapon
  • Robust, durable design
  • Works well in most climates and conditions
Description:

A new attempt at breaking into other markets, the Tenloss Repeating Accelerated Beam weapon, or RAB for short, was designed as Tenloss' first handheld particle beam accelerator weapon.

The weapon concept is simple, though the mechanisms are complex. Much like the far larger P2-CA1 Weapon System, when fired, the weapon accelerates charged particles down the barrel through a series of propulsion rings. The particles are pushed faster and faster down the barrel until they exit the muzzle. At this point, a beam is formed that moves from the muzzle towards the target causing damage. However, with the RAB, the technology has been scaled down and the introduction of a new component made the weapon viable for support roles

A sequencer device was installed into the mechanism and breaks up the single, long beam into a series of smaller, shorter beams. The result is a "burst" of fire from the weapon rather than a long beam more in line with cutting or burning into targets. The individual shots can be stopped at any time by removing pressure from the trigger, thereby stopping the weapon from firing. The RAB's shots are hard hitting and highly powerful, easily punching through most known light armors and many known medium armors on the market. Against heavy armor, the weapon can burn through most known types over a period of time with sustained fire.

The weapon is capable of 50 shots per powerpack and is fairly accurate for a weapon of its type. The only downsides evident are the weight of the weapon, making it difficult to use in close quarters and a pain to carry on the field, and the electronic vulnerability of the weapon. EMPs and Ion weapons can easily overload the conduits and systems within the weapon itself, making the weapon useless until repairs are made. In the event of light damage, the user can often attempt to shut down the electronics totally and reactivate it as the on board systems will often restart and recalibrate, though this is not a 100% effective method. For anything above light electrical damage, a full breakdown of the weapon is needed, often requiring replacement parts and specialized repairs.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Popo"]

A mass produced...handheld...particle beam accelerator...machine gun?

I know this was proof of concept, and we both know you were trying to make a point, but we also both know it's that time: something's gotta give.

Logo.jpeg

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Popo"]

I'm thinking reduce the production level relative to how you quantify the 'unknown at this time' for effectiveness against superheavy armors.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Ashin Varanin"]
Hmmm... Honestly, I gave almost no thought on what it'd actually do to armors of that kind of material. Mind if I pick your brain on them so I can better understand the parameters I'm working in?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Popo"]

I've usually been on the fence about saying things like 'beskar, beskar uber alles,' but fortunately I got some useful insight out of getting repeatedly hammered by very heavily armored beings on HALO tonight. My strong suggestion would be to say that it's capable of compromising virtually all heavy personal armors with sustained fire, and drop it to minor production.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Ashin Varanin"]
Just to clarify, you want me to drop the "unknown effectiveness vs restricted materials" for a catch-all and then drop production to minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom