Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teach Me How To [blank]

Liliane

L
For long had Lilin searched for a person to teach her the skills of the Force -- somebody who she could trust, who was wise enough, who was not somebody she knew. Even though she loved learning with her friends, she thought it had no teacher-student effect, which she needed to successfully study. A connection like that was the only thing which would motivate her enough to actually learn something.

Master Shatterstar, a Jedi of the Republic and the Jedi Academy was the person she had asked a lesson from. He answered positively, meaning the two would get to studying soon.

The location didn't have much of a meaning. Lilin stood on a huge beautiful balcony on a random planet. The view was nice, but relaxing: the balcony was decorated with fancy royal ornaments which were mostly golden in colour, in the middle of the balcony there was a fountain and the view from the place was calming as it portrayed a scene of nature with a waterfall and forests in the background.

A perfect place to study, she thought.

Standing at the edge of the balcony, leaning on a fence, she looked at the beauty of the nature and released a deep sigh. Everything seemed to be in harmony there, unlike in the life of sentient beings. This green beauty had no knowledge of wars and massacre.

The Force was an interesting thing. It was supposedly there to unite all people and like most Jedi believed, was there for harmony. Yet the wars had all started because of the Force -- two different sides of it fighting over galactic dominance. Wasn't it ridiculous?

The way life was at that time was confusing and difficult. Yet Lilin had always lived at such a time. She had never seen peace. It probably didn't even exist, but was some kind of an utopic idea most people in the galaxy had. Was it there just to comfort the people who hated war?

Sigh.

Or was peace the concept of the Force finally succeeding at setting people in harmony?

[ [member="Varus Shatterstar"] ]

The balcony was quiet, but Varus had been too well trained as a part time Jedi Shadow to be heard so easily. That was why he wound up on the very same balcony, standing quietly in the entryway, that a young woman was who was currently gazing out over the green terrain of the planet.

She seemed at peace, and he certainly didn't wish to disturb her. Instead he gave her the moment, allowing her to let it be as genuine and personal to her as it was going to be. When the time was right, she'd notice him and they could proceed with the introductions, but for the time being the young Jedi Master posted up against the door frame with his right shoulder and waited.

[member="Lilin Imperieuse"]

Liliane

L
Lilin looked at the waterfall and sighed. It was so natural, so beautiful. If something opposed its flow of water, it just passed it, going above or below the object. Wasn't that what the Light Side of the Force should've been? A flowing energy which made it past every opposition? But why had the Darkness then turned more into the waterfall than the Jedi Orders? Was there something going on that they were unable to understand?

She turned around and was startled by the presence of Master Shatterstar. Had she really been looking at the nature so long? Had the master truly arrived so quietly that she had no heard him?

Either way, she bowed before the master slowly and spoke, "Hello, Master Shatterstar."

"There's no need for formalities. Just call me Varus.", he told her as he pushed off the door frame and fell into stride, slowly scaling the outer edge of the half circle balcony until he came to stand next to Lilin. As he stopped he nodded to the young woman respectfully before carefully turning and crossing his thick arms across a broad chest. He nestled them beneath his armpits for comfort, making him appear more like a rigid statue standing like that, though he did prefer it.

"So...", he said, blue orbs examining the land below them, spread out like an artists, moving masterpiece. "What can I do for you, Lilin?"

Liliane

L
Lilin's eyes did not move from the Master even when he came to stand next to her. He was a powerful Jedi, she had heard, and a honourable one as well, most likely being an idol for many young Jedi. Yet she was no Jedi.

"I have been looking for somebody who could train me. Just the basics, so that I could advance on my own. The basics of Force usage, lightsaber skills, whatever you think I should know as a Padawan," she explained, hoping that she was not asking for too much.

Her eyes then turned away from Varus, to the landscape again. She truthfully expected they would have to use it for skills which needed sensing and understanding the Force. But she would never know -- teachers were all different and the way they taught things varied due to that.

Varus mulled over what the young woman was saying for a few moments, raising one of his hands from between peck and forearm to stroke his chin. As he pondered the woman's words he realized that she was making a request that he wasn't all that certain he wanted to say yes to, and so he chose to broach the subject for a while and see what he might feel like after feeling things out.

"I can't teach you anything in a day.", he said first, and rather plainly. It was the truth of course, as he had no reason to lie to the young woman anyhow, but he feared that she wouldn't quite grasp what he was sharing if he didn't make certain that he was clear. That was why he continued to speak as he glanced from the miles of green plains and trees to the pretty young creature next to him. "No one can, really. Even the basics take time, so unless you intend to be hanging around for a while then there isn't much I'll be able to really do for you. That is, unless you've got yourself a Master already lined up for yourself and you just want me to hold your hand as you wade into the water..."

Liliane

L
"I... actually don't have a Master yet. Not have I even been trying to get one. But I could search for one," Lilin spoke. She hadn't thought it would go like that, even though she should have. How could she have not understood the Force was a thing which just couldn't be understood so simply? If even the basics were that difficult, she didn't actually even quite grasp the size of the mystical force.

"I know there's a lot to do and learn, but..." She didn't know how to continue. She couldn't find the words to express how she felt. Did she herself even know how she was truly feeling? Her emotions turned into a pile of different feelings all compressed into one thing of which composition she could not figure out at all.

So instead, she looked at the nature. And sighed.

"Maybe just the bare beginning of Force studies?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom