Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking To The Skies

Chroma Zed
Hanger Bay

Captain Sophia Denko stood in the hanger as she awaited the arrival of one of the Templars to arrive. He had requested training to further his skills as a pilot and Sophia despite all her duties volunteered. The Viceroy much rather be out flying with someone than at her desk filling out paperwork. She lived to be in the skies not grounded as she was but the people they needed her. Sophia couldn't nor wouldn't abandon them.

Sighing she lightly ran a hand over one of the fighters. Sophia really missed flying so today would be nice despite anything else. The woman hoped that he basically knew how to fly and just was looking for the advanced stuff so that they could go out and have some fun.

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"]

EmKay

This would hopefully be a splendid endeavour. He'd learned aboard the Riposte the basics of flying, he just needed to be better. Skill was necessary, and so far all he knew how to do was get where he was going. That was fine and well until something drastic happened.

The KWS Morvak, an S18 Light Freighter, slid into the hangar like a dagger enters the sheath of a claymore. It landed, the cargo ramp opened, and Atretes stepped out of his ship. He wore a black jacket over his Templar armour with his borrowed lightsaber and personal sword hanging side-by-side on his belt, with his slugthrower on the opposite side of the belt, strapped to his hip. It had become habitual to arm himself whenever he went out, even though this entire lesson should be relatively uneventful.

"Hello, there!" he greeted [member="Sophia Denko"] with a friendly tone, and came to stand before her.

"You're Sohpia, I presume," he said with a grin then went on to introduce himself, "Atretes, a pleasure."

"Captain Sophia Denko Viceroy of Chroma Zed, pleasure to meet you." It was second nature to her to introduce herself that way to anybody that she met. The woman was not looking to impress anybody it most was just telling others who she was which she did all the time with new politicians or Templars. It was good for him to know she was a Captain as that way he knew that she knew what she was talking about.

She hadn't heard much about him but what she had heard were all good things naturally. It would have been nice to know if he had even flown a ship before but that was alright. The woman had him here and there was no time like the present to ask such questions. "How much do you know about ships? Have you ever flown before? What are you hoping to learn today?"

EmKay

At first, [member="Sophia Denko"]'s introduction took him off-guard. That was up to the point where the title of Viceroy clicked in and he realised this woman was no ordinary pilot. A captain, a Viceroy, rather impressive titles as far as Atretes was concerned. He didn't waste any time with furthering pleasantries once questions were asked, however, and he immediately got to answering.

"I know only the basics of the construction of a ship and controls. I like to tell myself that I know enough to get from point A to point B and not crash in-between." he said to the first question. The next was a bit harder to form a definite answer to, so he settled on a rough idea.

"I'd like to learn to fly faster, with more skill, and possibly some evasive maneouvres in case I find myself in a combat situation," he looked around the hangar as he spoke and his eyes rested on a starfighter he couldn't identify. He pointed at it, "I'd like to learn to fly one of those as well." he said with a playful glint in his eye.

Sophia listened as she spoke and smiled glad to hear that he could fly. She was going to get to teach her favorite parts of flying and she was pretty excited about. It was hard to contain her excitement but she was doing her best but it was hard. Flying was her passion and she loved sharing it with others. This gave her the chance to share her knowledge with someone else since her daughter was too young to teach at the moment.

"I can teach you all of that and show you even some tricks you have never seen. Tactical movements are my specialty." She was rusty but she was sure that once they were in the skies that it would all come back to her. Rubbing her hands together she looked to the ship he stated that he wished to learn to fly. In her opinion the best way to learn was to do. "Hop on in, I'll show you the controls before we takeoff but I think this ship would be good to use for practice, don't you?"

EmKay

Rhoujen gave a more noticeable nod, as opposed to his usual slight nods, and by [member="Sophia Denko"]'s invitation he trotted over and slid into the cockpit of the small fighter. He was already looking over all of the touch-screen controls, the physical buttons and knobs, the screen that had read-outs and status updates -- though that currently displayed nothing -- and saw a switch that said 'ignition'. He decided to take the baby steps into his own hands, and skimmed the console again, looking for the familiar switches that all ships seemed to have. Repulsors active, inertial dampeners on, momentum retardant active, ignition.

The small spacecraft rose up from the ground, the engines first whistling quietly, then louder, and finally they burst to life with a roar. The repulsors holding the ship off the ground added a ghostly hum to the excited noise of the engine, and Atretes felt a spike of enthusiasm shoot up his spine. He'd never piloted a fighter before, and the feeling of the whole craft vibrating around him from the power of the loud and ready engines made his nerves buzz with activity.

"I know at first glance it looks daunting but really it's nothing to be scared of. You won't use most of these buttons anyway. There are only three you need to be aware of. The red one you don't touch unless your going down as it ejects you the second works your targeting computer and the last one opens up the hatch." Sophia pointed to everything as she spoke about it. She could tell that he was paying attention just by his reaction. She knew by now when people were just sitting there. This wasn't her first rodeo.

"After that everything works the way you would expect. She flies just like any other ship you have been in." Sophia pointed out the "idiot lights" out to him that would flash if there was a problem as well as the fuel gage. She always thought the best way to learn was just getting out there. "Any questions before we begin? You can always get me a hold of me on the commlink."

EmKay

Everything seemed simple enough. Atretes tagged the different buttons he needed to know mentally, and went over them triply to ensure memorisation. As though to answer [member="Sophia Denko"]'s question, he grinned and hit the button that closed the hatch. The canopy slowly descended and sealed with a hiss. The engine noise was reduced greatly, but the thrumming at his fingertips was just as strong. He tapped familiar buttons that were apparently universal to all ships, and gripped the yoke.

Slowly, he steered the starfighter to point out the window and, cautiously, barely touched the accelerator. He moved very, very slowly, and decided to give it a little more power. His senses flared and he tipped the fighter just slightly, barely avoiding the unfortunate decapitation of Miss Denko before when he shot out of the hangar. He killed his speed a little -- enough to remain airborne -- and flicked on his comm.

"Sorry."

EmKay

[OOC: It's been almost exactly a month since anything's been posted here. I'm gonna call the curtain on this, maybe we can do a similar thread later, eh Sophie?]
[Thread Complete]

[member="Sophia Walsh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom