Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking part in Faction events other than your own

Is it not allowed? Frowned upon? Encouraged even?

I couldn't find anything in the rules, or recent discussions, so I hope you experienced RPers can offer me your viewpoint and advice.

As far as I understand, all of us more or less adhere to faction alignments system. In the past, we frowned upon dark-siders being active in light side factions, which does make IC sense. But what if I wanted to put my character(who is in a lightside faction) in faction events of a neutral faction? Not be a formal member of that neutral faction, or even loosely affiliated, but just put them there for story-related purpose?

During dominions, does the BYOO allow me to "do my own thing" in other faction's event? Or Rebellions even, without posting "against" faction that started it?
And finally, what about invasions? Do I need to take up an ally slot even if I am joining only for purpose of a story(since my main character is a non-combat character).

I'd like to do some cross-faction story telling and the answers to these questions really interest me. :)

For dominions, it's best to ask the Faction Admins if it is a Faction you are not a member of. Most factions will be happy to let you in because your posts will also count towards their dominion post goal, however you'll still need to keep in mind that there are post limitations for dominions as stated in the dominion rules. Those limitations apply to every member partaking, even if you are not part of the faction.

For invasions, you'll need clearance from the FAs of both sides if you are not part of either faction. Most likely you will need to take up an ally slot, but I have seen invasions where neutral entities are allowed for story purposes only. Presently, with the new Invasion rules, I can see this becoming more of a common thing.

For skirmishes or public threads marked for certain factions, best bet is to ask the thread author.

[member="Zonia Kalranoos"]

On the lightside/darkside/gangside thing... just do what makes sense in-character.

I go back and forth between Silver Sanctum and First Order tags, but my character is always a Darksider and Knight of Ren even when I'm running with the Jedi... and you'll find me running with the Jedi in SSC threads even with my First Order tags, because of the IC relationships my character has formed over time are very strong in the SSC faction.

Otherwise, what the pretty Sithy lady said above.

[member="Zonia Kalranoos"]
We tend to encourage people to jump into our threads at the First Order. It drives a story beyond what we can do as Imperials.
I'll occasionally throw my Jedi/Smuggler into the FO dom threads for a different perspective and it's how I'd expect others to do as well.

If there is one thing I learnt while we were setting up the FO it was that if you go and limit people the fun disappears. That is why we are always open to GA, Kathol, Independents etc to join our faction threads, it makes friendships and adds to the fun.

*Because let us face it...red heads don't meet blind Jedi because it's organised :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom