Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tactical plans for future Invasions and Dominions

Right, so I was looking over the galaxy map and all od the Dominions/Invasions happening...and I have to share this with you. Yes, dominions of party planets such as Zeltros are nice, but we really need to think through on which planets we are wasting our time and effort and posts. Sith are cunning.
As we can see, Sith are invading Telti which is practically Onderon's front yard. Also, they are progressing towards Iridonia, which will become troublesome for Mandalorians very soon.

dyk31h.png

If we lose Telti, the One Sith will be dangerously close to HQ of Republic.
So, I suggest two solutions, maybe even implement both of them.

1.Dominion of Brentaal IV
"known more commonly as Brentaal, was a planet in the Brentaal system of the Core Worlds's Bormea sector and one that occupied what was arguably the most valuable location in the entire galaxy: the intersection of the Hydian Way and the Perlemian Trade Route, two of the galaxy's major hyperlanes.

Mind you, Brentaal is also front yard of Coruscant ;)

2.Invasion of Ord Mirit

One Sith territorry is only a planet wide there. I say we cut them off there. I am sure Mandalorians will thank us.

Discuss.

I'm partial to Zeltros because of its sheer value, and I think we have the activity to do that and make a decision here as well, though I'm not sure which way to go here. Seems like a 50/50 split between the two and we really can't do both, so what value do each hold strategically?

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] - We just finished the dominion of Zeltros - Where were you?

Zeltros was chosen as a speed dominion to head off the potential of losing telti and severing our connection to our southern hemisphere. That may or may not work. It is entirely in Tefka's hands. Right now, I am not convinced we will win the invasion, however I don't have an accurate count of wins/losses yet.

The discussion of moving the capital will begin once the invasion is over and the outcome is determined.

Both Brentaal and Ord Mirit have been discussed as well. Again, I would like to see the outcome of Telti before we discuss that further. As much of our reaction and future planning will hang on that outcome.

[member="Tionne Thanewulf"]

Seraphina Shel'tah said:
[member="Varus Shatterstar"] - We just finished the dominion of Zeltros - Where were you?

Zeltros was chosen as a speed dominion to head off the potential of losing telti and severing our connection to our southern hemisphere. That may or may not work. It is entirely in Tefka's hands. Right now, I am not convinced we will win the invasion, however I don't have an accurate count of wins/losses yet.

The discussion of moving the capital will begin once the invasion is over and the outcome is determined.

Both Brentaal and Ord Mirit have been discussed as well. Again, I would like to see the outcome of Telti before we discuss that further. As much of our reaction and future planning will hang on that outcome.

Checking out your backside.

Any OTHER questions?

Boom. Nailed it.

I just want to clarify some reasonings. Zeltros was Dommed as a possible stop gap measure. The Invasion of Telti, if successful on behalf of the One Sith, could possibly cut off our southwester tentacle just as we were consolidating it into a full field instead of one world thick. With the addition of Zeltros, we could possibly retain the planets that we have just finished doming down there, Antar, Terrijo and our still current dom of Mimban. That is why you see that Zeltros was done so quickly, we didn't necessarily want the party planet (though the more Amoral of the Republics people are probably singing about it), it could help us save over two hundred posts of effort over the past month and a half.

As is, I'm not entirely sure who is going to win Telti, I've seen drop outs and losses on both sides and I think it is going to be a fairly close and possibly controversial win for whoever wins it.

That all being said, I do not dislike an aggressive footing. The One Sith will never let the GR alone, and while we do need to consolidate our more far flung tentacles, the One Sith are in our face and need our attention. Taking Brentaal is a good way to let them know that we can give as we get, and might get them to put effort into trying to take it for themselves in an Invasion to keep us off of their doorstep.

I am up in the air about Ord Mirit, while they can't refuse the Invasion, we have not fared well in the negotiations. Their allies are waning in posts (Fringe and Primeval) so far as I can tell, and while the Mandos are having some issues as well, I am sure we can call up more help. If we can get some forces from the Mando's, Imperial Remnant (Who should want to strike a blow at the One Sith in a way that can't be directly retaliated), Rebel Alliance (maybe) and possibly others, I think an Invasion could be won. One on one, the One Sith have far higher number of Masters and Knights, and while that is partially because they promote to Knight faster, it is still an issue. We could Padawan Pound them, but Masters and Knights essentially have "right of way" to a certain extent in my mind...

I don't know, I'll participate in anything done to the best of my ability. Dair is my primary character, above all the other active Characters I have.

Dair Cotarin said:
We could Padawan Pound them, but Masters and Knights essentially have "right of way" to a certain extent in my mind...
I understand this train of thought, however I do also have to make note that Canon Padawans have often faired well against Knights, and even a master here and there. Ahsoka for instance fought Grievous and Ventress multiple times and held her own. Sure, she probably couldn't have beaten them without certain circumstances playing to her favor, but she did hand out a substantial challenge and rarely ever got herself injured or close to death.

If at any time someone tries to play the "I'm a knight so I win by default" card, I would call foul, because while they should have an advantage, it's most definitely not an auto-win.

Varus Shatterstar said:
Checking out your backside.
That explains a lot, really. :p

A little context from an old map junkie:

Seraphina Shel'tah said:
I don't think I've ever seen a move like Zeltros shore up an arm well enough to prevent it getting chopped off by an invasion. Maybe Zeltros PLUS Amar PLUS Mersoon, but even that's doubtful. As it stands, if Telti goes, it's virtually certain that all three southwestern tentacles go -- and at latest count, last I heard, the One Sith were winning Telti. So our most sensible course of action is to plan as if we've already lost that southern tentacle and any chance of a lasting, significant territory gain to the south. Brentaal is a good move regardless.

Tionne Thanewulf said:
Another thing bothers me; Lords of the Fringe are extending towards One Sith via Phu. Maybe we should consider dominion of New Plympto simply to gain influence in that part of the galaxy.

Fringe is gone, absorbed into Primeval. Their territory will be off the map at the next update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom