Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superman? Superhuman, Maybe

He hated Sith, but he hated business meetings more. They were always important though, especially when it was something like this. His last trip to Tatooine had taught him many things, always lock your ships doors for a start. They also taught him he needed to protect himself, he needed to become a Jedi. Sith would find him, they would kill him if he had no way of protecting himself.

He'd build a lightsaber later, he had the crystals.

Phrik and Cortorsis, two things he hadn't even heard of until a week ago. They apparently had some special properties that meant plasma lightsabers couldn't slice through them. That was always a good thing, he liked his arms. He had turned to some of the best armor smiths in the galaxy, [member="Matsu Ike"] and her amazing company, hoping they had Phrik and Cortorsis spare.

Or could at least get some.

He guided his small one man fighter to a stop, T3 beeping from behind him. The Ebon Hawk was sitting repairs, the poor ship had taken a beating. It was because of that a borrowed X-Wing had become Kei's ship of choice, although he didn't have to like it. He breathed heavily.

And waited for his host.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Kei Garnik"]

Getting a message to come and visit someone out in the galaxy was usually met with raised eyebrows and some of the things she could do.... but when Noriko signed off on it well the jedi master could work on it as she had some very nice reasons to go out to Tatooine with her parasol over herself. The desert sun beating down and giving her a lot of shade while she walked off towards the building to meet the young man. Arriving and she was standing in her robes with her sabers on her belt as she spoke. "Captain Garnik?" She spoke softly but had some look to it while preparing a few of the things they needed to do. She could get some of the nice equipment built into the armor for what they wanted.

He stood up, using his foot to flick the little droid ejector button. T3 rolled down the side of the ship, out onto the sand as Kei climbed out, nodding to Matsu. He wasn't a captain of anything, not at the moment, and listening to her made him smile. He missed his ship, but it wasn't exactly pilotable at the moment. He offered his hand to Matsu, a regular handshake, T3 beeping nonsense to the side of the pair.

"Miss Ike. I don't know much about captain, but I do hope i'm not interrupting anything important. I'm sure you are a very busy woman at the end of the day"

He smiled again, knowing she'd already got a list of the stuff he was after. He wanted this armor to be light, he needed to be able to move in it, blend in. Voss was a strange planet, somewhere he'd only been twice, but he was starting to like it there. If he wanted to hang around at the Voss temple he might as well start blending in.

"I would normally invite you aboard the Hawk to do paperwork and drink very processed, cheap stuff. Yet, seems as my ship is slightly out of action right now and I've been downgraded, how about a visit to my favorite food place the other side of Anchorhead?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

She looked at him and the message from Noriko gave her a few good ideas while she spoke. "I see well if you need me for that then I can get some of the better materials for the fix. We have access to some of the very nice equipment with out new modules to install and build into ships." She said it while the module sizes gave them ways to make the ship and then it could be fitted into the frame with the hull over it. Or was there more as she walked. "I have brought several things in my ship for what you might want or need access to." A smile on her face now when she walked with him. "Just start telling me what it is you would like and what you need."

What did he want? That was always a difficult question, because there was no specific answer. His mind changed, like a child he varied his answers day by day. He thought about that, the ever passing time continuing to flow around him. Thinking was something everyone of every species did. Fish thought, they all thought to make a decision, be it rash or otherwise. Without thinking, the world would be plagued with recklessness.

"I need something light, very light. Easy enough for me to run in, jump in and look cool in. Cortoris, the metal that apparently messes up lightsabers, will make a good chestplate I feel, with Phrik making some good gauntlets. Thick, steel toe capped boots are also an advantage."

He dropped his voice lightly. He still hated talking about the Jedi in public, it wasn't helpful. Sith could be everywhere, lurking and hiding. Even a petty thief could be out there, passing information.

"Imagine the traditional robes of a Jedi, something like that with a cortorsis chestplate, phrik gauntlets and some steel toed boots. I mean, a cloak with a hood and a utility belt are also nice editions."

This was getting pricey.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Matsu was watching him and listening to want he wanted his armor to be as she thought about it. "Easily done so long as you have the materials for it and there is more we will be able to work with. "The light armor we create as well as the robes can be done just well. Superior protection as you will be able to incorporate the armor plates over it with the robes and the form fitted armor below it. Adding more protection to it will give you planet of the things within the systems." She had a small look on her face before she moved around bringing up the deisgn. "Our synthweaving for force users with kinetic mesh underneath it while you get to work on some of the larger things."

Kei nodded carefully, hands in his pockets while she talked. He wasn't an armor smith, not really, he didn't really know how to smelt things or build armor, it wasn't something he'd ever bothered to try. "Synthweaving?" he asked lightly, shrugging. He'd never once heard of Synthweaving, he had no idea what it was or what it offered him.

"In regards to the materials. I have them on board the Hawk, but not on me. If you have any spare, I'd be happy to refund whatever is used upon building this armor" he spoke slowly. He wasn't lying, he did have the materials on the Hawk, but the Ebon Hawk was half way across the galaxy getting repairs with Noriko.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

"Synthweaving is using the materials developed from crystal and other items with metal and rock o make stronger force enhanced parts. It is much like smelting metal but for those who can use the force you can add to it force energies to make the lightweight materials as strong as metal many times greater then its weight." She was looking at him and prepared for a number of things but when it came to materials. "Whatever you would like us to make we can do, I rather enjoy new challenges and treats for it all just be ready for any questions about details and all should work out very well."

Kei laughed lightly, nodding. He was ready to get to work, even if he had no idea what he was doing at all. He felt the DL-44 blaster at his side, fingers wrapping around the three crystals in his pocket. He finally allowed his hands to exit his pockets, staring towards Matsu with interest. "I'm no armor smith, but this should be fun. If you have the tools to begin, just direct me on what you need and we'll get started. I assume we need a base first, so the robes?"

Kei studied Matsu carefully, interested on how excited she seemed. She was a builder, that one was obvious. She clearly enjoyed working on armor, much like how Kei enjoyed working on ships, his ships especially. The Ebon Hawk, he had to work on that thing twenty four seven, but he still wasn't going to let Noriko fix it. The ship had personality, the ship was amazing because it kept breaking, it kept Kei busy while Noriko was off doing Jedi things.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

A base was important and then you needed to work on many of the things but it was also a careful point that they needed to handle the synthweaving while she let him head off and she had the base for what to work with. Duraplast, desh-terethium, hybrid plexisteel, dreamsilk, flexsteel. Lighterweight materials that would serve a better purpose when they are hardened witht he force providing it. Matsu stayed there for a moment to work on the machine with a nod of her head. "A base material is good but you have to be careful in choosing it. When you harden something with the force it makes it heavier so it is better to choose something lightweight."

Kei nodded lightly, inspecting the materials that Matsu had suggested. He needed the armor to be lightweight, he needed to be able to run in it, he spent most of his life running away from angry smugglers and drunks, he needed to be able to get away from them, some what. He could take a punch or two, but he'd rather be able to get out of a fight where possible, instead of shooting his way out of it. He wasn't a fan of shooting anymore, Noriko had mellowed him slightly.

"Which one's the lightest? We'll dye it black and strap the hood to it, I guess. Like I said, I don't know" he chuckled dryly. "I need this stuff to be as lightweight and as protecting as possible"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Matsu was looking at him and offered a small look. "Well lightweight and protective is something that can be made but it is not for many. We have been designing a mesh that can be synthweaved into near any material and allows us to develop a great many more things." She had made it but the mesh was designed to be super lightweight and only usable by the servants of the lightside. It was not known to many but it could be made since they were using desh-terethium to make it. "THough we do have the design and imbuing it with the force can provide a high level of protection if combined with the other weaves we have designed."

He nodded every so often as Matsu talked. This was going to get more and more expensive, but wasn't his safety worth it? He wasn't sure, he had the funds from his last robbery on Tatooine, the one that resulted in him finally shooting a rich human in the skull. It'd probably cost him all of those funds, but again, wasn't his safety worth it? Well, in a way it was. His safety was the most imp...actually no. The safety of his friends, of Noriko was the most important thing, but his was up there.

He cracked his knuckles lightly, nodding to Matsu again. "Who comes under the "many"? That sounds perfect, I just assume I won't be able to get it, huh?" he asked softy, shaking his head. He'd planned it, but he'd forgotten about the word many.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

"Well being able to get something and using it are two very different things, most of the best gear we design here is for use exclusively by those who serve the lightside of the force. The darksiders and those who are neutral for a time generally cannot wear it without becoming sick or even being unable to make it work." Matsu continued to work on the loom as she was synthweaving and it stayed away from most of the dangerous things they were doing. She preferred the interesting cases over just trying to make things overly complicated and dangerous for many who were using them. Instead it just worked to keep others from being able to use it."

"Oh. Let's stay away from that then" he spoke lightly, chuckling softly. He wasn't a member of the darkside, he also wasn't light. He used the force to get what he needed in life, to keep himself alive and to help others. Okay, he used the force push, his variety in the use of the force was limited, he was still hoping Noriko would teach him some good stuff someday.

He wasn't technically a force user either way, he didn't use the force if he could help it, nothing would be able to top a good blaster, a simple blaster bolt. He'd grown up around blasters, blasters and ships, the Raxis way. No-one knew he was a Raxis, no-one but himself, Jack, Grey and Stardust. Each of them was also a Raxis, though Stardust by marriage. It wasn't like the Raxis family was evil, a bunch of smugglers maybe, but not evil. He didn't want to be associated with them, he was his own man, his own man. Kei Garnik, not Kei Raxis.

He was a Corellian, he was a Corellian at heart and technically by blood. His mom was half Corellian and his dad was fully Corellian. He shrugged to himself lightly, he was allowing his mind to wonder. Every time his mind wondered he ended up thinking about Noriko. That wasn't a bad thing, Noriko was amazing, but he'd get wrapped up in her, he needed to keep focused, needed to keep thinking about the task and hand.

"What do you need me to do, ma'am?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Hmm what did she need from him? Matsu was thinking about it while she sat there and brought up a few more things with a nod fo her head. "Well there are a couple of things I could use from you. I have been working on these projects here and while your order is being made I could use someone to help test it out. Nothing to dangerous it is just a suit we have been designing that will use a new level of biotechnology and if we make it right the armor will be able to preform better then most while holding protection higher then most mandalorians wearing their beskar." She had a grin on her face though whille thinking about it with some purpose before she was bringing it up on the screen.

Kei grinned from ear to ear, this was more his speed. He scanned the screen, the grin even wider across his face. He was interested, he enjoyed testing things, seeing how well they broke. He had a tendency for pushing things too far, testing gave him a reason to break things.

"Let's not jinx it, every time someone says "not too dangerous", it gets dangerous. I mean, i'm all for that because i'm bored, truthfully. What do you want me to do, don the armor and go provoke some bandits?" he asked lightly, still grinning. He was all for some fighting right now, even if he wouldn't be shooting back.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

"Well we don't have bandits here on the planet and the projets armor when completed will likely be unwearable by anyone short of a supersoldier who has the body to handle the strain of it but." She looked at him while motioning with her hand and there was a vat of the armor itself. "We have been working and synthweaving the base of the armor. A phase I generation if you will Yokai biosuit." Okay it was a mouthful but until they really had a better name for the armor they would stick with that for it. Matsu motioned him over. "The bioarmor will become form fitted to you and provide a wintrium carapace that is ablative with sections pieces and built in systems. From intrigrated weapons that is can assemble to flight systems and power armor which is the main plan."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom