Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranded on Teth (Open)

Veino tugged at his backpack straps in indignation, and marched away from the ship. Hmmph. Smugglers. He paid them for a voyage to Coruscant. Now they were just kicking him off on Teth? That wasn't even close! What even was the point of being a business pilot if you kicked paying customers off in the middle of nowhere without even giving a partial refund? The injustice in the galaxy! He pulled his coat tighter and picked up his pace one of the crewmembers brandished a pistol in his direction before turning to some maintenance droids.
"Now what?" Veino hurried between the parked ships and ducked between the personnel slipping back and forth, intent on their own business. Needless to say, nobody answered. Who'd pay attention to a ninteen year old kid in a too-large coat and worn out hat? Not spacers, anyway. Or ground crew. He spotted an ancient bench that had clearly been well worn over the years, for who knows how long. Centuries? Didn't matter overmuch. He slipped his backpack off and slumped down on it.
What now was the serious question. He had barely enough money for a meal or two and maybe a really cheap room. hardly a good start to a quest, if that's what it actually was, and not some bad decision made by an idealistic youth. Or perhaps this was the first challenge?He had no indication either way, and was getting hungry. He didn't feel like eating the travel-bars. They were tasteless and bland and he was sick of them. Maybe there were vendors nearby.

The mandalorian walked back into the space port to his ship. Jerrick had come for some supplies and refueling. It was a great day, no one firing at him, no jobs piling up. Teth was, however not his place in mind to relax.
"Nothing compares to home." Jerrick breathed, remembering Mandalore, and his mother. She was still well alive, and waiting for his return home. Jerrick walked past many ships, some standing alone, others with people and droids going on about their business. Suddently Jerrick witnessed a man being pushed out of a ship. He looked about Jerrick's own age. He also looked in bad shape.
"Sigh...here goes my heart reaching out again." Jerrick sighed lowering his head. The young man sat on a bench that looked like a rancor had spewd it out from his rear end. Jerrick strolled over to him, removed his helmet to show a more friendler face. His hair draped over one side of face, show casing his blonde streak in his bangs.
"Hey buddy, don't mean to pry into someone's business, but you okay? I saw what just happened."

Rexus Drath

Lurking from the shadows a force came upon the ship where the young man was abandoned, walking past Veino and a rather dashing mandalorian. a large six eleven figure entered the ship. Soon a rustling along with the sound of a lightsaber activating could be heard. "WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS THE FORCE USER!!" A yell came from the ship followed by a singeing burning noise of a lightsaber being pressed against skin slowly. Screaming now echoed through the hull of the ship and the smell of burnt flesh lingered in the air. Another blood curdling scream was heard then a few minutes of silence went by before the tall hooded figure walked out of the ship and passed Veino and friend again. "You two didn't see anything or hear anything or else." The agent of the empire towered over the man giving him a stern threat he had just wasted the captain of that ship and he didn't want to have to tie up anymore loose ends. Walking away he chuckled and looked back to make sure the authorities had not been called

Veino glanced up as the @[member="JerrickShado"] approached and removed his helmet. Veino gave a small nod and shrug, trying to wave it off. "Of course. Just a, uh, payment disagreement." He gave a wry smile. "They decided I didn't pay enough to stay aboard the duration of the trip I paid for when offered other cargo." He wasn't entirely sure what the cargo was, but they were exhilarated about it, so it must have paid well.
Then the screams started. He leaned over slightly, looking past the rows of ships. Was that the one he'd just come from? It was. Dread settled on his stomach. And was that something about a Force user? He swallowed, and then tried to let the emotions drift away to ensure his Force signature was hidden. Hopefully it worked. He had never been able to tell, and the confidence to believe sure wasn't there. His heart was racing far too fast.
He froze as @[member="Rexus Drath"] walked by. He gave a tight nod, swallowing. Now was not the time to argue. Maybe later when he wasn't expecting it. Although, the man had just possibly killed a whole crew. He doubted his lightsaber skill was anywhere near good enough to face one of such skill. Then the usual confidence returned. He could probably manage it. And justice demanded he stand up to the man after that.

Jerrick's head shot at the ship, hearing the screams from the ship the man just came from. A shady figured passed by eyeing them. When he left, Jerrick turned back to the man on the bench. "Well seems like you got off just in time." Jerrick offered his hand to him. "You look hungry. Come on I got food on my ship. My treat." He offered to the man. "I'm Jerrick by the way." He gave his name. For some reason he got a good feeling from the young man.

Veino nodded, and took the hand and gave it a firm shake. "Thanks. I appreciate it. Name's Veino." He glanced back as the man walked away. He added quietly, "Guess I did." Not sure why he trusted this man, but he did. It was actually quite a relief. He hadn't been able to trust many people since leaving. It was a nice feeling. The galaxy wasn't as lonely as it used to be.

@[member="JerrickShado"]

Jerrick slid his helmet back on and motioned the man to follow him. "Come on. My ships just a little ways ahead." Jerrick lead them past a vareity of ships, and aliens, only to finally arrive at his XS series freighter, the BlackStar. Jerrick pressed the hatch button and his door opened letting a ramp fold out. Jerrick entered it and removed his helmet again. "Home away from home, this is the BlackStar." Jerrick lead them to his small but comfortable kitchen. "Please make yourself at home. Any request? Or would you like to just dig into it till you find what you like?" He asked Veino.

Rexus Drath

The agent of the empire sat on a nearby bench and pondered to himself. "Ok, so he's dead. Man she's gonna kill me if I don't get results this time." burying his face into his hand the man thought of what he could of missed. He trailed the ship since the start, why would they just stop here on this planet? What did he miss, who did he miss? Everyone on that ship was dead and all of them told him that everyone they were carrying were kicked off. They must of picked up some spice to smuggle instead. "Who else was ther-" Rex cut himself off as a thought came to him. The pair he passed by was walking away from that ship. They were his next best bet they could tell him who else was on that ship if they were on it.

Getting up from his set Rexus looked around for the pair of men he had came across. They would at least help him to point him in the right direction. That or he could cut a few fingers off until they told him. The madalorian looked like he would be a bit of a fight but he had fought in plenty of wars with his kind in the ancient order. Walking closer through the crowd Rex spotted the men keeping his distance for now to see if they truly did know anything

Veino felt an itch at the back of his neck as they walked to the ship. He scratched at it, but it didn't go away. Oh well. Hopefully it wasn't some parasite. Unless they were being followed. He could still sense @[member="Rexus Drath"] vaguely. Seemed like he was still walking around somewhere nearby. He glanced around appreciatively as they entered the ship. He hadn't been on many yet.
Admiring it, he glanced up at the question from @[member="JerrickShado"]. "Got much other than nutrition bars? It's all I've had to eat for several days." He couldn't quite remember the last real meal he had. Probably about a week prior. At the funeral dinner. He'd left pretty soon after, feeling restless and adrift. He didn't like that feeling.

Jerrick laughed. "I have quite a stock. Here." Jerrick tossed him a water. Then looked in his frig, pulled out nerf meat and some bantha steaks. "Just relax man ill cook you something good. So mean time..whats your story."

Veino laughed brightly, exhilarated for some reason. It felt different than anything he could have expected. First new planet he'd been on and he'd been tossed overboard, barely survived a massacre, and was now chilling with someone he'd never met before. He shrugged, trying to put it in words. "I...lost someone close to me... and... " ANd what, though? He wasn't actually sure. Felt the need to go gallivanting across the galaxy? "And... had to travel..." He finished awkwardly.

Rexus Drath

Rexus made his way to the ship where the dynamic duo went inside of, he hated to disturb them but this was business. And business was good, so naturally he knocked on the side of the ship where the ramp came down. "Hello I need to talk to you!" he said in a rather friendly voice despite just murdering the crap out of that smuggler crew. They had bounties on them from the empire so it wouldnt haunt Rex's conscious at all. Standing outside the ship he waited for someone to answer the door, one way or another he was going to talk to these fine gentlemen. The easy way or the fun way

Jerrick nodded as he started to cook the meat, listening to his friend. It was quite a short story, but "I understand. I wasn't born Mando ner'vod, I was adopted. Hmm where ya headed to any.." he stopped as someone banged on his door. Someone wanted to talk? Who? "Its opened." Jerrick answered as he pressed the button on his wrist for the door control. Waiting for the new comer Jerrick continued, "anyways ill take you where you need to go, free of charge."

Veino took a seat, breathing out a sigh of relief then stiffened as he heard the message, connected with a faint and elusive sense of danger. Whether or not it was a response to the knock or just a coincidence, he wasn't sure. He'd still not mastered the interpretation of Force warnings. He gave another smile. "Thanks for that." He paused thinking, "Though I know little of Mandalorian culture, so I don't quite understand." @[member="JerrickShado"]
He shifted his backpack to set it beside him and flipped the top open to see if he had something to offer. Nothing much. He frowned slightly. Planet hopping was more expensive than he had expected.

Rexus Drath

The ramp opened and the large hooded figure Rexus Drath walked into the ship, Rex hated the idea of flying he preferred the safety of his two feet being on the ground. Walking through the halls of the ship carefully he made his way to kitchen where the two men sat. Whatever the mandalorian was cooking it smelt fantastic, Rex hadn't eaten in over a day trailing the ship with the reported force user on it. Usually nothing gets past the empire's system of intell and spies. "Evening gentlemen, let's keep this short since you look busy." taking off his hood indoors Rex revealed his messy dreads and dark skin to the two men. "There was a force user on a ship I was chasing and he has been selected for... Reeducation. You two were walking from that ship and I'd hope you would know something about it." Rex smiled and coughed a bit afterwards he looked at the mandalorians and clapped his hands together "Also If it's too much to ask may I have a piece of fruit? I'm very hungry and I can pay you."

Veino froze as he recognized the man, and looked to @[member="JerrickShado"] for guidance. He gave a slight shake of his head, rather intimidated. He really, really hope his Force signature was still hidden. He was fairly sure it was, but still. He shook his head. "Sorry. Don't know anything." How would they even know he was Force sensitive? He'd snuck out one night. Nobody knew where he was going, or why. They probably thought he'd slipped off to one of the refuges. But someone he'd never seen before? How? And what was reeducation? It didn't sound good though. He'd keep it hidden. No one needed to know. And it wasn't exactly like he was going to be using it.
@[member="Rexus Drath"]

Jerrick tossed the man a fruit, smiling at him. "I know of you speak of, I'm a bounty hunter after him, he's apparently a blonde and tall." He spoke. Jerrick placed a plate of food in front of his friend. "Eat up, were heading to Mandalore soon." Jerrick nodded. He turned to the dark skin man.

Rexus Drath

"Really? Cause my report says other wise, and that's another thing." Rex grabbed the fruit and took a bite of it and smiled chuckling a bit. "You know mow that you mention that, I find it a bit funny how a low level nobody bounty hunter would know of the same mark and attempt to describe him even though I haven't given you any information at all. I find it funny how restricted files of who I'm after could just leak out and now bounties are placed on this man. We must just be talking about different people then." with a wicked smile on his face Rex took a bite of the fruit again and swallowed. "This was a good fruit, really a shame." Taking the fruit Rexus gripped it and threw it as hard as he could at @[member="Veino Garn "]then drawing is saber activating the imperial knight's silver lightsaber of the ancient order, standing there he gave both of them a menacing look. CQC was not something you would want to get into with a force user especially in pressurized metal capsules.

Jerrick laughed at the man for throwing the fruit. Then leaned into his counter. "Before we go swinging that thing like a wild Bantha looking for a mate, think for a second. I'm a Mando, jeeti are my prey, second if I were jeeti on the run, my apprenace would be changed so reports would give a false show." Jerrick nodded at what he said. "Look at the guy, use your mystic crap, and tell me, is that jeeti? Or a poor bastard in the wrong place at the right time?" Jerrick made no move for his weapons, it was crazy how many people relied on intellegince to be right. "Third, and most importantly, I'm no low level hunter, the best hunters are the ones you will never know."

Veino staggered back as the fruit clocked him in the face, smearing his face with juice. He shook his head, spluttering to get it off. Where did that come from? Who threw fruit at people when an adult? Kids, sure. But adults? He eyed the two, and gave a slight shiver. This was not good. He didn't want to get @[member="JerrickShado"] killed on his behalf. Nor did he wish to die or get "reeducated." Nor was getting into a fight an option either. Any way he looked at it, though, it was a dead end. What was he supposed to do now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom