Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Stouker Concussion Pistol - The "Pacifier"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus Tritum

M
ronons_gun.jpg

Image Source: Google Search, Images, Ronon Dex's Gun

Intent: The Pacifier concussion pistol packs an enormous amount of power in a sidearm at the expense of ammunition capacity and range. Best suited for taking down heavily-armored, clustered, or Force-wielding close range targets.

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Canton

Model: SA "Pacifier" Concussion Pistol

Affiliation: Dak Canton

Modularity: No

Production: Unique

Material: Dallorian alloy

Description:

Based upon the Stouker concussion rifle's technology, the Concussion Pistol aims to pack the same amount of punch into a less cumbersome weapon.

• The power cylinder looks like that of a common revolver. Unlike the rifle version's 400 shot magazine, the pistol only has the capacity for 15 shots.
  • Range reduced from 30 meters to 20 meters due to shortened barrel length.
  • The overall stopping ability of the weapon is quite potent. A single shot has a blast radius of 2 meters and enough impact to send a human backward 3-4 steps. The power is a reduction compared to shots of the rifle, which have a blast diameter of 4 meters and can send a human flying, but substantial nonetheless.
  • A dallorian alloy construction allows for rapid discharge without fear of overheating.
  • Like the concussion rifle, its shots cannot be blocked by a lightsaber.
  • High recoil requires a sure grip, recommended both hands, for accuracy.
  • Shots can be bounced back or away by a well timed Force Push, however this is incredibly difficult to time and requires immense concentration. At very close ranges it is next to impossible for all but the most skilled telekinetics.

Classification: Concussion Pistol
Size: Handheld

Length: 318mm

Weight: 1,048g

Ammunition Type: Concussion Shot

Ammunition Capacity: 15 shot cylinder

Effective Range: 20M

Sources:
Wookieepedia - Dallorian Alloy
Wookieepedia - Stouker Concussion Rifle

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Dak Canton"]
Okay, couple of things

First off, unless you own a non-canon company by the name of Stouker Arms, you'll have to find another manufacturer. The Stouker Concussion rifle that forms the basis or origin for this pistol is not manufactured by the Stouker company, or any company for that matter. It's a conc rifle "made from scratch" by the Sissk and used by both the Sissk gangs and the Imperial Remnant that Jaden Korr fights in the Star Wars video game Jedi Knights: Jedi Academy. The only thing that is referenced to Stouker is the concussion chamber, but following the link only takes you to a stub on the Stouker company of which little is know except that they make the concussion chamber featured on the weapon. In fact, that's the only reason the "scratch built" weapon is called a Stouker; because of the concussion chamber. So, for now, unless you want to try and sub the Stouker Arms non-canon company (which they might not let you do as it's too close to the canon Stouker company), please find a different manufacturer. OR you can drop the weapon to Unique and hand make one for yourself if you'd like, but it wouldn't be produced other than one, maybe two, for yourself.

Also, reading the Stouker concussion rifle's stub, while it was unblockable by Force users, the weapon's shot COULD be bounced back or away with a well timed Force push. Please include that in the weapon's weaknesses.

@ me when done and we'll go from there.

Marcus Tritum

M
Made it unique and included Force Pushing in the weaknesses. However, from what I remember of the game, force pushing those bolts away is absurdly difficult to time.

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Dak Canton"]
It is. It really is, but for some reason ALL the other FUs in that game can do it all the time, every time. If you want, toss in ", but doing this is very difficult, etc. etc." behind the "can be Force pushed away" line. I'll wait for you to do that if you want, just lemme know either way if you do. Otherwise, no other issues that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom