Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Affairs

*sits down at desk and clears throat*

While the judging for Balmorra is ongoing, I felt that today seems to be a day of brutal honesty and so I'm making this post. Everything that has happened in the last few days has just been building and building and there is only one conclusion I can make.

The negativity needs to stop now.

I have said it many times in different threads that things need to be constructive and steer away from the bashing and attacking of others. So I'm putting the hammer down now. No person should ever try and dictate who someone else writes with, ever. We do this for a hobby and for fun, some of us to better their writing skills or to just enjoy our favorite fandom in the stars. So, from here on out there are going to be a few changes.

1. Any negativity that appears in the Pub forums, whether it be a personal gripe with another writer or faction, will be met with consequences, up and to a ban from the faction. I do not state this lightly, but no one is exempt from this. Not a member, not a moderator, not even an admin. Everyone will be sticking to this. If you have issues with someone, take it up with them personally or avoid them however you can.

2. We are supposed to be a team of writers trying to make this faction better for us and for those who want to join it. I, or Gen, or Varus, cannot set up threads for the faction to enjoy by ourselves. Everyone is open to start a thread and invite others along, including in setting up a dominion.

3. I want to see more support and interaction between the various branches, if at all possible. Jedi should be talking with Senators, helping show soldiers how to counter lightsabers and Force techniques, soldiers and other NFUs should be out doing stuff. I cannot stress this point enough as we all still write in our own little bubbles. I'm guilty as this as much as the next person, but I'm laying it out here now: if you want to thread with me, come to me with an idea and we can work from there, and I encourage everyone else to embrace that same choice as well.

4. I know I have expressed this multiple times, in some way shape or form, but the whole goal of this entire board is to have fun. Yes, we have lost invasion after invasion, yes frustrations are high, but we cannot allow that to rule this faction anymore. To that end, there will be no talk of anymore Republic invasions until after the New Years at least. That could be even longer, I don't know.

5. If someone wants to learn more about how to, and try and help run and fix the faction, PM myself or the other leadership and we will see what we can do about that. We are all people, we all make mistakes, and I know I have in the past and I will be trying to learn from them as best I can.

I'm stating all of this, not as a reprimand even if part of it is, but because it is time for a reality check. People have said they don't want the Republic to die out ... if that is the case, we all need to pitch in and do something about it and actually not allow the negative emotions or paranoia or fingerpointing or any of that to continue. If people disagree and want to try their own thing in trying to fix things, then I leave the door open that if they want to try, I will step aside to let them try their hand. The fate of this faction is in the hands of the members.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I'm not fond of the bashing either, nor the negativity. I try to be as positive as I can and ignore the other stuff. There are so many great ideas bumping around in our collective heads. I try to get involved in as many stories as I can without intruding for I am a posting junky :p So if anyone wants to help me get my fix, I'm game ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom