Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Rebellion

I picked Star Wars Rebellion up cheap on Good Old Games and i'm pretty bad at it. Like I mean bad, like I mean die in the first twenty minutes bad. It's hard to defend from four Star Destroyers when all you have is X-Wings, okay! Fun game though.

I wondered if anyone else played this classic amd had any views on it :)

[member="Kei Garnik"]
OMG! Do it! It's the best Star Wars strategy game their is,and blows Rebellion out of the water with it's graphics and the real time strategy especially the huge modding community it has.

It always makes me sad when I realize that EA owns the right to all Star Wars games, and we will probably never see a true Battlefront 3 or any other Star Wars game. Since as you know, EA loves to milk a franchise until it's dead.

[member="Xiarr Sair"]

To be fair, EA has to be careful with the Star Wars stuff. Disney would destroy them if they hurt the franchise too much. EA is hated enough as is, I doubt anyone would care if Disney systematically took them apart or just outright bought them out.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Teagan Stoirm"] I have a game of rebellion going from like 2002 still. The rebels start weak so do not take on Imps right off. Work on using diplomats to capture systems. Liea and mothma can do diplomatic missions. Stay Iin the outer rim systems and move move move. You can move your capital so do so asap. where ever you start which I think its kashyyyk, do not remember but the imps will hit it right away, between day 20 and 50 most times. also get r and d started asap. once you get to level 3 you get mon cal cruisers. which are a match for the imp 1. then you can afford to stay in one place for awhile. use recon y wings. never just jump into a system. once you get far enough along, use mon cal troops for defense and wookie troops for offense. I always evac the core. they Imp fleets can move around too fast there for you to do much. In the outer rim it takes like 100 days to get there from the core.

the imps are easy, grab core, fortify, start hunting as soon as possible and do not let the rebels get a foot hold. Vics are what you need to us first off. takes too long to build imps. Carracks are awesome. Dreadnaughts are paper

[member="Reshmar"]

I just got to the point I lost Luke to Degobah for a while and a friend told me to keep Han safe for a while so. I currently have Han locked away on Yavin (which surprisingly I kept, thank you Wedge Antilles for your sacrifice, I will free you some day) with way too many X-Wings and my first Mon Cal. I never keep my base in one place, currently it's on Bespin but i'll probably move it soon well into the outer rim. I have no Chewie, he was detected when I tried to sabotage an outer rim planet that the Imps had took, which got me seriously worried that Vader was out there cause clearly someone had high detection, so Leia and a few other hero's are gearing up with way too many basic infantry units I had left over to go and free him.

Normally I'd send Han, but yeah, must keep Han safe.

I have quite a lot of the outer rim territories, now it's just a case of using Mothma to wipe up the remaining few and I want to start pushing towards the core. I'm also a little worried that the Imps have totally buffed their fleet with Victories. I focused more on the small X-Wing hit and runs and only recently started focusing on frigates and cruisers. I have Ackbar doing ship design on Yavin and I did have Luke doing recruitment on Yavin until he went. I have Lando, tho i'm still trying to figure out what he's good for, right now he's on team "Let's get Chewie back" with Leia, Crix, Mazer Ruckas and the one with the weird name with too many coma's, quite a few Army Regiments and every single Infiltrator and Bothan I could scrape together. I'm toying with the idea of stripping Reeikan from whatever he's doing and getting him in there as well, I'm just really worried about Vader or Palpie being out there.

I have A-Wings researched and I'm dabbling in them, I have a few up but I'm deciding between focusing on them and building my fighters or focusing on Nebulan-B's and other frigates. The only planet with proper defense right now is Bespin (probably Yavin, but that's only because of Han) so yeah, I figure defenses will be good. I know for a fact I want to get Luke and Vader together because I've heard good stuff happens when they meet, but I need to get Chewie back so if Vader is out there then yeah, at least I'll know where he is for Luke.

Teagan Stoirm said:
[member="Xiarr Sair"]

To be fair, EA has to be careful with the Star Wars stuff. Disney would destroy them if they hurt the franchise too much. EA is hated enough as is, I doubt anyone would care if Disney systematically took them apart or just outright bought them out.
Honestly they would probably be improved if Disney took them over.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Kei Garnik"] yeah luke will run off at the worst time. Once you get into the CC9600 and the liberator cruiser levels you can start slapping around the imps. The Vic 2 and Imp 2 are beasts and they will always get them before you get the dauntlass. once you do though the dauntlass cruisers will go toe to toe with anything short of the SSD. When you make your run at the core try to hit them in one sector to draw them from others then hit three or more at once. once the imps get the defender pretty much anything you have fighter wise is out classed so later on those DP20s come in handy. by the time I was done with r and d I had all dauntless, liberators cc9600s and dp20s as my fleets. The way the specs are set up once you get that far along the old units are useless with their low shield and hull. even the imp1 and mon cal cruiser are pretty useless at that point. I always thought that did not do the mon cal cruisers justice. I mean a vic 2 will beat it 9 out of 10 times and a couple of strike cruisers will murder it.

you guys have made me want to play it again... now to find my copy.

It's not very flash compared to many of the modern games out there these days, but I also found my games in Rebellion pretty addicting as well: there's always one more planet to grab or one other thing to sabotage.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] YEah its on steam. I grabbed it on steam yesterday. my old disks are not where i seem to be able to find them.
Fleet movement is more realistic. It can take 150 days in game to get from one side of the galaxy to the other. Hyperdrive rating really makes a difference. I played it for a couple hundred days last night to get used to it again. It was a blast. I remember now why I spent half my life playing it for the longest time. Medium is by far the best setting. the easy is just too easy and hard rocks but I have not played it in years so I want to play some before hitting it on hard.

But it your a fleet fan and do not mind the old school game it is well worth 5 bucks.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Kei Garnik"] yeah it is well worth that. did you get rebellion or supremacy? The UK release was called supremacy when it was first released. I had a copy of both. I really wish I could find those disks just to have them. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom