Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Insults and Expletives -- Learn How to Curse in the Star Wars Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've seen quite a bit of people wonder how they can make their roleplaying experience kick it up a notch for readers and writers alike. These are just a few nuggets of information and advice, and you can take it as you will, but it certainly gives a roleplay a bit more flavor.

Star Wars Insults and Expletives
First off, I know we have been discussing things like language use in roleplays.

While yes, us Earthlings do have quite a bit of a tendency to go use a vernacular suited for Earth, there is a certain bit of flavour that comes from utilizing the current slang used in the Star Wars Universe.

Wookieepedia is your friend here. It is newbie friendly, and so easy to utilize and has a wealth of information if one would only take the time to click a couple of pages.

You may ask, "But Cira!! What should I use in place of my normal curse words?!' Well, fear not my fellow cooperative writers!

The LIST OF PHRASES AND SLANG at Wookieepedia is only a click away!

F-word Substitutes

In general, words that start with a "K" or hard "C" sound take the place of the F-word and similar sounding euphemisms in English.
  • Crink/crinking was a common swear for pirates in the Outer Rim. It first appears in Allegiance by Timothy Zahn.
  • Kark/karking, a Huttese expletive, appears frequently in Star Wars: Legacy.
  • Kriff/kriffing has a similar meaning, although from context it does not appear to be quite as strong a curse. It first appears in Timothy Zahn's Hand of Thrawn duology, and probably comes from a simple rearrangement of the letters in "fricking," a euphemism for the F-word.
  • Feth/ Fething -- I blame @[member="Jorus Merrill"] for this one.
  • Farkled is an adjectival F-word euphemism, used in such contexts as "the engine's farkled" or "we got farkled in that deal."
  • Krong is another swear from the Outer Rim pirates. It doesn't appear to have an adjectival form, but the verb is used in such sentences as "don't krong things up."
  • Skrog/skrogging appears in Star Wars: Legacy and appears to be of human origin.
  • Snark/snarking was used by bounty hunters in the Legacy era. It has no relation to the English word "snarky," meaning "snide" or "sarcastic."
S-word Substitutes
  • Chit - I'm sure you've seen @[member="Kassey Draclau"], @[member="Jonathon Patches"], and @[member="Noxu Za'tire"] use this. It is a relatively easy word to use and fits well!
  • Druk is an alien word for excrement and seems roughly equivalent to the S-word. It appears in phrases such as "adrukload of problems."
  • Dwang is a euphemism for excrement used by Clone Troopers during the Clone Wars. It appears in Republic Commando: Triple Zero by Karen Traviss.
  • Holy Sith! is used humorously as a euphemism for its English anagram. (It also appears in a recent Futurama episode.)
  • Shab is a Mandalorian word for excrement which appears in Republic Commando: Order 66 by Karen Traviss. Shabuir is an insult derived from the word "shab."
  • Shavit originates on the planet Pakrik Minor and first appears in Vision of the Future by Timothy Zahn. While its exact definition is not stated, we can infer from the similarity to the S-word that it has a similar meaning.
  • Sithspawn: An expletive used throughout the galaxy, originating from Corellia. Can also refer to a specific kind of creature mutated or created by Sith alchemy. Most likely means the same thing as hellspawn.
  • Sithspit: A term equivalent to the s-word or "crap".
  • She'buy'ce - asshat. Created [member="Anija Ordo"]
Insults
  • Bantha poodoo, a Huttese phrase meaning "Bantha fodder," first appears in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi as an insult spoken by Jabba the Hutt. While the word "poodoo" sounds like it should translate to a similar-sounding word in English, the EU clarifies the phrase's meaning: Bantha fodder (i.e., food for Banthas) looks and smells disgusting.
  • E chu ta is another Huttese expletive. It first appears in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back; although its meaning is not defined, C-3PO exclaims, "How rude!" upon hearing it. It appears to be a particularly insulting and vulgar expression, and is commonly used in Star Wars: Legacy.
  • Hutt-spawn is an insulting phrase for everyone except Hutts, of course. It appears in Knights of the Old Republic.
  • Laserbrain suggests that someone is stupid, crazy, or delusional, as in "I don't know where you get your delusions, laserbrain" (Princess Leia to Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back). Blaster-brained has a similar meaning.
  • Lurdo is a childish Ewokese insult, roughly equivalent to "dummy." It appears in the Ewoks animated series.
  • Nerf herder is an insult because shepherds who raised nerfs -- buffalo-like animals native to Alderaan and raised for their meat -- were generally scruffy-looking and smelled bad. Leia throws this insult at Han in The Empire Strikes Back.
  • Schutta is a Twi'lek insult reffering to women, roughly equivalent to "slut." Its name derives from a weasel-like creature native to Ryloth, the Twi'lek home planet.
  • Sculag is a Chiss term referring to someone who is weak-minded. It appears in Legacy of the Force: Inferno by Troy Denning.
  • Sleemo is a Huttese insult which sounds like its English equivalent, "slimeball." It appears several times in Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
  • Son of a blaster is a rather silly-sounding Star Wars substitute for "son of a gun," which it itself a euphemism for a more explicit insult.
  • Stoopa (sometimes spelled stupa) is a Huttese noun for a foolish or stupid person.
  • Vong is a grave insult among the Yuuzhan Vong, implying that someone has lost the favor of Yun-Yuuzhan, the creator god.
General Expletives
  • Chuba (sometimes spelled chubba) is the Huttese word for "you" or "your." When used as an expletive, however, it can express surprise ("What the chubba is that?") or imply that someone is untrustworthy.
  • Frizz/frizzled was a common swear among smugglers in the Old Republic. It first appears in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno.
  • Shebs is a Mandalorian swear meaning "buttocks." It appears in Republic Commando: Hard Contact by Karen Traviss.
  • Sithspit is a common curse in all eras of the Star Wars universe, used to express surprise, anger, or other strong emotions. A related curse, sithspawn, refers to creatures genetically engineered by the Sith. Both swears originated on Corellia.
  • Vape/vaping is a mild expletive originating from Alderaan, roughly equivalent to "damn." Varp is probably a related expletive, used in phrases such as "What the varp!"
Sexual Euphemisms
  • Charge up her loading ramp: Slang for sexual intercourse.
  • Connect-disconnect: Slang term used to describe a one-night stand.
  • Hook up a power coupling (or Hook up a power conduit): Slang for sexual intercourse.
  • Space ape: Slang for a lascivious male, used by Jolli to insult her fellow pirates when they tried to kiss her.
  • Dot. Dot. Dot. - The new meme for SWRP to suggest various vague fade to black connotations.
  • Alchaka - SWChaos Jedi slang for sex yoga and deep *cough* meditation.*cough*
As you can see, there is a wealth of colourful words you can do to enhance your roleplaying experience. It is all just a click away!
~ Cira

*References
Please see Star Wars Insults and Expletives
Wookieepedia - List of Phrases and Slang

Yes we needed this!

one question, I have seen people go around and say "Fething" or "Farking" in replace for the F-word. and was wondering if that is acceptable? or if we just made up a new word for the site?

@[member="Morna Imura"]

• Feth/ Fething -- I blame @Jorus Merrill for this one. While not originally Star Wars, (Warhammer 40k universe term meaning the f-word) people have grown used to it in SWRP.net.
You're fine xD Same goes for Fraking ( BSG term if I'm correct) and Farking ( there is the term Frakled too)

Feth is actually a word used by the Tanith soldiers of the Imperial Guard. It's the name of the Tanith Tree God, as theirs is a forest world with moving trees.

TheMoreYouKnow.png

Steph Zenima

S
As a writer that swore violently every 3.2 words on my former board with real cuss words.

I just.

Started making up my own.

It's a hoot and a half.

I felt like adding a few of my own, along with Ven's:
S Word is now: Shab Nabbles (Great for using around young children. It's gotten Ven out of a few messes) or Osik (I believe that's another Mandalorian one)
Damn= Gosh darn didily do (thank Ven's friend for that one)
When you want to do-the-do with you-know-who: Pull the curtain down, do the nasty, frickity frack, do a magic show, *insert suggestive eyebrow raise here*, or 'get to know each other better'
Ass: Arse (which is actually considered worse then ass in parts of Britain)

And because I love you all, a few choice insults:
"You motherfather son of a shab-nabble eating nerf herder!"
"Incompetent imbecile incapable of comprehending anything an individual with an actual amount of measurable intelligence can manage to muster in a mere moment." (Say that in one breath. I dare you.)
"You're such an asshat. I hope one day your face gets squished against a very, very sweaty man's arse."
"Oh go suck a diseased Bantha's privates, ya scruffy-faced schutta."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom