Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Celebration 2016: Europe

Star Wars Celebration hits London in July for the SWC event to end all events. With tickets nearly all sold, I'm annoyed I neglected this and wasn't even aware of it until too late.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

With SWC 2017 Orlando announced and now on sale, I advise those in America to buy them now to avoid missing out!

However, a SWC poster has been released with a very heavy 'Rogue One' emphasis mixed with 'The Force Awakens'.

2016_Celebration_KEY_ART.jpg

As seen in the image above, the art features the cast of 'The Force Awakens' looking stoic, along with a beautiful rendering of the characters of 'Rogue One'. Alongside the 'Rogue One' cast are a squadron of death troopers — the black-armored stormtroopers seen in the film’s trailer — and the first clear look at the brand new shoretrooper on the bottom left. Also on the poster is a new class of AT-AT: the AT-ACT, or All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport

Is anyone here going to the Europe event or planning for the 2017 Orlando, or even been to an SWC before?

BIG guests include Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson.

Hopefully we will get a truckload of news and gossip surrounding 'RO', 'EpVIII' and the future films.

Stay tuned for news as and when it breaks!

Attended Celebration VI in Orlando a few years ago and it was amazing. The whole trip was with people I had met through Star Wars RP and it was one of the best trips I have taken. We saw so many celebrities just walking the floor and in hotels, and the cosplay is on point between singular fans, the attendance of the 501st, the Rebel Legion, and the Mandalorian Mercs.

I got to sit in on a panel of Aaron Allston when Mercy Kill had just come out and was on the bestseller list. He talked about his writing style which was absolutely fascinating and I haven't heard of another author who took his approach to the story.

My gal pals and I are discussing another trip to Orlando for next year but it is the weekend of my husband's birthday and he has no desire to attend something like this.

So we'll see. But if you have an opportunity to, go. It is the experience of a lifetime.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Fingers crossed for me going to Orlando. Can't quite afford the tickets yet, but hopefully in a few months I will be able to. About to book my hotel though just in case, don't need rates climbing any higher than they are going.

Like Sweet-Tarts Without The Sweet Part
DAT ART. <3 [member="Connor Harrison"] , thanks for sharing, I gotta get me a print of that.

I've also attended every US-based Celebration convention since Celebration 4, and I'm not stopping now! I'll be there in Orlando next year when the party starts. <3

Like [member="Malia Afredane"] mentioned above, these conventions have been some of the absolute best experiences I've had. Ever. Hands down. There is something so incredibly special about being with people who share the same electric love for something like Star Wars. The energy in the air is addicting, the people you'll meet makes it worth while, and if you've a hard time making friends, don't worry. For some reason, it's VERY easy to do at Celebrations. It's also a great place to meet up with people from your online life! I've made some of my best friends on Star Wars role playing websites, and we've have so much fun at these things.

I'm a costumer, I've never been to a Celebration out-of-costume, and I highly recommend it if you're toying with the idea and have some money to burn. It's a great way to network, a fantastic ice breaker, and it makes the whole event extra fun. Kids love it, I cannot tell you how good it feels to see their faces light up and know you've just made their day. Plus, for us actors-in-training, it can be a great way to brush up on your improvisation skills, and trying to stay in-character the whole time is an awesome challenge. :)

The memories you'll create will be highlights of your life, for sure. As it gets closer to Celebration Orlando 2017, I'll probably be making a thread here to organize a Chaos meet-up, if people are interested. <3

[member="Malia Afredane"] So gutted I didn't really know this was on until all good tickets were gone, as I think the ONLY way is full Jedi Master VIP ticket for the days. I hope one comes back to Europe soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom