Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Stalgasin Memorial Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geonosis_arena.jpg

The Petranaki Arena before it became a Force-nexus (22 BBY)

Image source: Attack of the Clones
Name: Stalgasin Memorial Stadium
Planet: Geonosis
Nexus Alignment: Dark
Nexus Effects: The effects of the nexus on people going inside Stalgasin, and especially its central playing surface, are pretty straightforward: for many, its effects include feelings of being dazed and confused, and sometimes fear and paranoia. Also you can use Force-powers using less energy than you would normally need, especially when dark-sided powers are in use. However, light-sided powers require more energy.
Size: Area
Development Threads: Stalgasin Memorial Stadium (22 posts)

Description: The Stalgasin Memorial Stadium floor was mostly sand and slit, with the lower walls being engravings and bas-reliefs of famous battles and events. A large tunnel connected the arena with underground droid factories and was located below the Geonosian High Audience Chamber. It contained seating for over 100,000 spectators, whereby the upper Geonosian classes, as well as wealthy non-Geonosian patrons, would watch on the lower seating levels. On the lower walls are gates where acklay-sized props can be brought in or out of the playing field.

Origins/History: The Stalgasin Memorial Stadium was first built in a natural formation carved out by millenia (or even millions of years) of weathering, with Geonosian additions over the centuries. The Petranaki Arena is most famous for having been the location where the Clone Wars started, where roughly 180 Jedi were killed in 22 BBY within its premises in an attempt to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi, his Padawan Anakin Skywalker and his then-future wife Padmé. In the wake of the two Battles of Geonosis, it took serious damage. The loss of so many light-siders in so short a time built a foundation for the later dark-sided contributions of the nexus caused by the Sterilization of Geonosis, causing a major disturbance in the Force. Hence the nexus being dark-sided.

For centuries, the stadium was damaged with the different factions holding the planet not having an interest in repairing the stadium back to its former glory. As Geonosis was repopulated, based on the offspring of fertile queens stashed off-world by the Confederacy and Separatist holdouts at the end of the Clone Wars, by 240 ABY, the Stalgasin Hive, who owned the premises during the Clone Wars, and even to this day, decided to rename the Petranaki Arena as the Stalgasin Memorial Stadium, in memory of its role in the early stages of the Clone Wars. Also, it took about 30 years to rebuild. It saw little use during the Gulag Plague by virtue of the public health hazards caused by mass entertainment of that variety. It is nowadays controlled by the Techno Empire.

Intent: To provide the Techno Empire with a Force-nexus, and also to provide additional lore beyond the canon on a canonical location

Links: Petranaki Arena on Wookiepedia

*This is a canon location*

Jessica Med-Beq said:
as if you can use Force-powers using less energy than normal the next.
I must admit that this sentence confuses me. Could you please rewrite it, so that it's more clear to what you're trying to state?

Jessica Med-Beq said:
Affiliation: Techno Empire

Force nexi don't have an affiliation. If you would like to specify that it is under the Techno Empire's control, then please use the description for that purpose. Optionally, you may submit a structure submission to add more details about the stadium, its ownership, etc.

The choice is yours. You could even do both!

Jessica Med-Beq said:
. The loss of so many light-siders in so short a time helped it balance the dark-sided contributions of the nexus caused by the Sterilization of Geonosis, causing a major disturbance in the Force. Ultimately these two events rendered the Force-nexus neutral.
I am confused by this claim. First, it implies the battle happened after the sterilization--which it is in fact the other way around. Second - unless you can refute this - wouldn't the slaughter of Jedi have caused a Dark Side nexus? In my understanding of force nexi; tragedy leads to Dark Side nexi forming. Whereas light side nexi tend to form by more harmonious means, or the long-term presence of Jedi. I really cannot see how this would lead to the creation of a neutral nexus.

Jessica Med-Beq said:
But its effects as a Force-nexus made public executions difficult to carry out, due to the executioners losing their minds easily as a result of Force-powers, with the public executions sometimes failing completely.
What rationale is being used to explain losing ones mind easily as a result of force powers? What force powers are we talking, and why is this happening? I know from canon sources, some Nexi have caused people to witness visions or illusions, that they've inspired fear and paranoia. To my knowledge, however, they haven't just driven people mad in a short period of time. Again, if you can refute these please do. Quote sources.

Jessica Med-Beq said:
It saw little use during the Gulag Plague by virtue of Geonosians committing less crimes as a result of the Plague.
Could you please elaborate on why this is the case? Why there's more order rather than less order?

Beyond these inquiries, I see nothing inherently wrong with the submission itself. It's a fine candidate for a force nexus so long as everything is cleared up and makes sense.

[member="Boethiah"]

Boethiah said:
I must admit that this sentence confuses me. Could you please rewrite it, so that it's more clear to what you're trying to state?
You can feel dazed and confused by a stay in the stadium, just that, as a bonus, you use less energy to use the Force.

Boethiah said:
Force nexi don't have an affiliation. If you would like to specify that it is under the Techno Empire's control, then please use the description for that purpose. Optionally, you may submit a structure submission to add more details about the stadium, its ownership, etc.

Just added a line about how the TE now has control over the stadium.

Boethiah said:
am confused by this claim. First, it implies the battle happened after the sterilization--which it is in fact the other way around. Second - unless you can refute this - wouldn't the slaughter of Jedi have caused a Dark Side nexus? In my understanding of force nexi; tragedy leads to Dark Side nexi forming. Whereas light side nexi tend to form by more harmonious means, or the long-term presence of Jedi. I really cannot see how this would lead to the creation of a neutral nexus.
It's now a dark-sided nexus.

What rationale is being used to explain losing ones mind easily as a result of force powers? What force powers are we talking, and why is this happening? I know from canon sources, some Nexi have caused people to witness visions or illusions, that they've inspired fear and paranoia. To my knowledge, however, they haven't just driven people mad in a short period of time. Again, if you can refute these please do. Quote sources.
The stadium has caused illusions, inspired fear and paranoia onto the executioners as well as the prisoners. But not to drive people mad in a short amount of time.

Could you please elaborate on why this is the case? Why there's more order rather than less order?
The real reason for why it saw little use during the Plague still has something to do with the Plague, just that the stadium is a public health hazard in a pandemic owing to its large capacity and the ability to contaminate almost everyone in the stadium especially in a full house.

Jessica Med-Beq said:
inducing Force-fear on the people

Nexi won't invoke actual force powers. Otherwise at most, a darkside nexus would make people feel uneasy and maybe paranoid. Think the force cave on dagobah, for example. Having people rendered mad and such is far too strong.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Apologies for the wait. Next time if you're waiting more than 24 hours for me to respond, tag or PM me as a reminder.

Jessica Med-Beq said:
as well as being rendered mad for a few hours following.

Jessica Med-Beq said:
with the public executions sometimes failing completely due to the illusions, fear and paranoia induced in the executioners (and the prisoners as well) due to the dark-sided nature of the Force-nexus.
These two lines need to be edited in lieu of those changes. Removing references of being 'rendered mad,' and executions failing completely because the executioners are too scared or paranoid to complete them. Again, the most that would occur is that it's a feeling... That someone in contact may feel uneasy, concerned for their own well-being, or uncertain of what lies ahead. That fear may play at underlining thoughts already in their heads but it won't drive them completely mad or cripple them in the process.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Alright, after further review this submission doesn't provide any unreasonable nor unusual qualities outside of what a force nexus typically provides. There's definitely enough canonical history to justify the presence of a dark-side force nexus at this location.

Pending secondary.

[member="Silencia"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom