Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech STA Gewehr Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macharius Solaire

M
andrew-bangel-render1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a standard blaster sniper rifle for the Sith Ascendancy
  • Image Source: Source
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Andrew Bangel - Artstation
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Denon Stahl Arms
  • Model: STA Gewehr Sniper
  • Affiliation: Sith Ascendancy
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Chrome Molybdenum Steel, Stainless Steel Type316L, Plastic, Glass, Blaster Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster Sniper Rifle
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 115 cm
  • Weight: 12.9 kg
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
  • Ammunition Capacity: Power pack capacity of 25 shots and a gas canister capacity of 25 shots. Slightly doubled in firing output giving an actual 10 shots per reload (See Spacial Features)
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic, 10 RPM (1 shot every 6 seconds)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Extreme range
  • Very accurate
  • Extra power and gas usage for increase in firepower
  • Excellent corrosion resistance
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES

The blaster sniper rifle is very accurate even up to long ranges, making it useful for picking off solitary targets over large distances. The weapon uses the same standard size gas canister that would normally allow for 25 shots, and an enlarged power pack, but uses slightly more than double the gas and power per shot. Increasing it's firepower and penetration. Allowing it to be used in an anti-material capacity against very heavily armored troops and light vehicles / structures.

Strengths:
  • Accurate over long ranges
  • Powerful blaster bolt
  • Durable for all environments
Weaknesses :
  • Next to useless in personal ranges
  • Heavy
  • The enhanced weapon power degrades the internals faster than a standard rifle.
  • Requires more regular and intensive maintenance. Failure to do so may be lethal or cause injury.
  • Slow rate of fire
DESCRIPTION

The STA Gewehr Sniper is Denon Stahl Arms first production sniper rifle. It is also the first weapon to be delivered to the Sith Ascendancy's hands. Following an arms deal negotiated between the two. The Sith military wanted a rifle with accuracy and power, so DSA delivered. The rifle comes with a standard 25 shot gas canister, and a beefed up 25 shot power pack. In actuality the rifle has 10 shots before both are depleted. This is because the output has been slightly doubled to increase firepower. It comes with a detriment though. The increased output puts more wear and tear on the internals. Requiring more regular and intensive maintenance to be preformed to keep the weapon functioning in good working order.

Outer body construction is Stainless Steel Type316L. Giving the weapon excellent corrosion resistance in hostile environments that would degrade many metals. The blaster component guts have also been built to withstand the intense environments the outer shell is expected to. The barrel is made with Chrome Molybdenum Steel for durability. The heavy barrel weighs the weapon down to the front more. A good operator would be using a bi or tri-pod attachment or resting their weapon on something when firing though. The rifle scope meets standard battlefield requirements.

A powerful blaster sniper rifle, This weapon is very accurate over long ranges. The increased output allows the operator to engage even the most heavily armored targets at range. Light vehicles and structures can also be fired upon with good penetration expected.

Netherworld

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

• Please link the manufacturing company under Manufacturer.
  • How much of an increase in firepower are we talking here compared to a 'normal' blaster sniper rifle? Just give me a ballpark comparison, no need for numbers.
@mention me with edits or questions

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Netherworld"]

Always, always something I forget. Fixed.

Power is a little more than double standard (2.1 I'd say). The trade off is an increased use in the ammunition, so a lower shot count results. And it would put far more wear and tear on it. Needing more care taken in maintaining it.

Netherworld

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Okay, but the 'wear and tear' and 'increased maintenance required' are empty weaknesses. They don't ever come into play in RP, because it's just stuff that's always assumed to happen 'offscreen'.

Therefore, I'd like something more tangible to balance out the double firepower – like a reduced rate of fire, for example.

Macharius Solaire

M
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic, 10 RPM (1 shot every 6 seconds)

Weaknesses :
  • Next to useless in personal ranges
  • Heavy
  • The enhanced weapon power degrades the internals faster than a standard rifle.
  • Requires more regular and intensive maintenance. Failure to do so may be lethal or cause injury.
  • Slow rate of fire
Changes in bold and underlined per your suggestion of a reduced and defined rate of fire.

I think a 6 second RoF is acceptable. I await your feedback.

[member="Netherworld"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom