Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some planet somewhere

Darth Naefas walked through the roads of Worlport, there was a cantina he wanted to get to and he was going to get there. It was a regular evening, hooded and concealed with black robes, and his form walking into the cantina that supposedly had the best dancers in the system. He had to investigate, he could employ all sorts of people, dancers, murderers, spies, anything, almost. All he needed to do was find the right dancer on this night. And he would.

Going underneath the alias of Arvis Syphex, he took a seat in the cantina and waited for one of the many supposed dancers to come and do their 'thing' for him.

@[member="Nessarose deWinter"]

Worlport. Another planet she'd landed on, without having a single as to what the bloody hell it was good for. And it seemed like it never mattered, how grown up she felt or what her deeds in the 'verse were; old teachings of her family sometimes rooted in her mind. The hatred towards Tatooine and anything that even somewhat resembled it. And Worlport was exactly that, but with a few degrees less.

And why was she here anyway? The teenager had no clue. Some could say it was a Force thing - she just followed her guts and saw what happened. Others had already told her it was high time to stop chasing such gut feelings, at least before a good ession of sitting down and figuring out why the hell they were happening in the first place. Nessa had a very long list of incidents she could've easily avoided, damage she could've easily not taken, if she'd just sat down and relaxed a little.

But relaxation was such a boring and dreadful thing to do!

So she found herself on a Tatooine-like world, with nothing to do, no one to see, and a growing desire for... Food. Yes. She was hungry.

Slipping into her yoga pants and tossing a pink tank top to complete the usual Nessa-look, she left her ship, headed for town. It wasn't long before she was chatting it up with various people who were coming and going, her smie serving, as always, as a magnet to people in general. Some focused on trying to point her into fun places. Others into... Shadier places. But the big winner was the one who recommended the cantina with the best onion rings.
Nessa's stomach was always the winner.

Entering the cantina, she took no notion of the dancing that had just started. Exotic dancing wasn't exactly the teenager's cup of tea, but she grew up in a house in which her mother owned a brothel franchize, and the organization was later moved into the hands of one of her sisters, so it was really going to have to take more than that to amke her uncomfortable.

She sat herself down by the bar and opened a menu. "Two nerfcheesburgers. Two onion ring bowls. Fries. Chocolate milkshake. Fried wings. Salad. Mm... And the grilled fish too. Just bring out whatever's ready."

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

Naefas saw @[member="Nessarose deWinter"] cross the cantina, and he was on his feet in a moment, already following her to the counter where he only caught the end part of her order. 'whatever's ready.' He thought to himself when he sat himself beside her gently. "Everything ready could be quite a bit, are you sure you can finish it?" He inquired softly, peering from his hood to the woman. It probably was est to keep the hood down, but he was going to keep it up for this matter -- at least until he saw what the next few seconds would bring.

"My name is Arvis Syphex, and you are?" He said, and the hints of a bright white smile were seen underneath the hood from the light that the cantina had in place. There were also flashes of his crimson flesh occasionally.

Nessarose blinked. She was used by now to getting comments about the quantities of food she consumed. She was less used to being approached like that when there was no other motive. Still, her friendly smile never wavered from her face. She could handle it, if it really was something... Bad.

"My name is Nessa and I like to eat," she answered, grinning from ear to ear.

His hooded face didn't phase her. Neither did the bits of red flesh that poked through. The sound of something being placed on the bar reached her ears, and she turned around, already grabbing her milkshake. That was always the first thing to arrive.

Darth Naefas watched the woman, it was true, she did like to eat. If he had understood correctly, she ate more than a woman should, or at least normally did. "I was curious as to know...if a woman who is clearly as beautiful as you, would dance with me..." He said softly, and he noted the milkshake as it came to her and took her attention. "When you are done, or at least, until your food comes?" He asked, genuinely curious. She was in shape, so she had to be doing something that counteracted the weight that she would otherwise gain. "If you wish that is." He said with an obvious shrug of his shoulders.

His hand stroked his jawline, evidently scratching it.

Nessarose grabbed the milkshake, putting the tip of the straw in her mouth. On the outside, it seemed like no other jaw muscle moved, didn't even seem as though she paused for breathing, as her eyes settled on the hooded figure. In the dim light of the cantina, it was all too simply to see that they weren't just green, but that they also somewhat glowed. Her gaze locked on him, and the milkshake in the glass began to lessen as she took it all into her body with one quick gulp.

A moment later, she set the completely empty glass back on the bar, and turned back to Arvis.

"No," she said with the sweeted of smiles, "it's bad form to dance with someone who keeps even their face covered."

"And if I took off my hood?" He questioned, and he leaned as far back as he could without falling off the stool, eventually balancing upon the edge and throwing his hood back without a care in the world. "There is nothing wrong is there?" He asked with the most innocent of tones of voice. He was curious to see her response, whether she would ignore him, try and bring him in to the Republic, or even just kill him. Though he doubted any of those three possibilities. If he did sense any light sided presences within the area however, he was prepared to vacate the cantina immediately. Jedi always moved in packs.

"I assure you I can dance to whatever pace you set." He said modestly.

There was no expression of surprise or discomfort on the girl's face once the hood was off. It was going to take more than being a Sith pureblood for that. Her own people were descendants of the pure Sith, a planet full of those in whose veins the blood still pumped, where the behavioral efect could still easily be seen.

But there was no need to mention that.

"I'd be worried if you couldn't," she said nonchalantly as her onion rings arrived. Holding out her point finger, Nessarose placed one onion ring on it like a ring, and proceeded to repeat this until her entire finger was covered. Her onion ladden finger went into the mouth, and when it came out a split of a second later, there were no food remains on her skin, not even oily leftovers. "To your kind, inability to follow a beat could often mean death."

Arvis Syphex nodded along with her. "Tell me when you are ready to dance then." He said with another shrug of his shoulders. She knew quite a bit of the Sith, nor was she surprised to see a Sith Pureblood. Perhaps they tied in together, he would have to learn more about the woman later, perhaps when they danced. "You know quite a bit of my species."

"I already said no to your dance," Nessarose replied with an indifferent shrug. Her first bowl of onion rings emptied, her fingers went for the second one. She was still hungry. Down went the fries as well, disappearing into the bottomless pit that was Nessa's stomach. A hamburger came next, gone in three bites. "Your species isn't half as mysterious as you guys like to think it is."

"Only those who know quite a bit of it would say such a thing, and as it is, not everyone is obviously as knowledgeable as you." He said and he glanced around the cantina slowly. He knew where the presence in the Force was coming from, he knew it was coming from the woman that he was speaking, who was supposedly named 'Nessa', but she didn't seem to act like she had all of that power at her disposal.

"You are Sith." He said simply, watching her, and trying to gauge her reaction. It would take some convincing, but he couldn't announce it upon first contact. He would have to wait and see. "Where do you come from?"

((Mention me!))

"My studies are hardly anything to write home about," Nessarose answered with a shrug, "anyone with a datapad can know a bunch of stuff." Which was, technically, true. And at the same time, and just as technically, it was a lie. Nessarose had had the privileged of the finest education the 'verse had to offer, but she often undermined just how much exactly it had given her. But the dude didn't need to know all about it.

And anyway, he'd also asked her where she came from. That... Was a more serious question. "Take your pick as to where I'm from," she grinned, "I've probably spent time there." Spira, Coruscant, Thule, Fhost, Endelaan... The Galaxy was her cookie, and she was nomming it.

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

It wasn't an answer to his question at all. Instead, it was just a deflection and Naefas didn't respond well to deflections. But he couldn't do anything about it, at least, not yet. She was a powerful Sith, a Sith Master, she had to be, and yet he didn't know of her. His teeth grated upon each other.

"Indeed." He said in agreement. She most probably did spend time on plenty of planets. "And what brings you here, besides the food that is, Lady Nessa?"

"Oye!" Nessa squeeled, "please don't call me Lady. That's not my title. That's my mother and two of my sisters, but not me, never me, no. Eww."

Of course, that wasn't the full story. Nessarose was never actually interested in a title, least of all a minor or major nobility or royalty title. The whole Queen thing was a byproduct as well, she'd never actually aimed to get a crown on her head. Heck, she never even wore the damn thing outside of special ceremonies. It usually rested in her drawer.

"And I don't know," she admitted, "I seem to somehow end up everywhere. What's your excuse?"

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

The Sith Knight frowned slightly when she spoke. She was a woman, and didn't want to a 'title'? It was more being polite and a term of endearment to him, anyway. Though, he still said, "as you wish," in reply with a shrug.

Evidently, she wasn't accustomed to having responsibility, or at least accepting it, it could only make him wonder as to how she became as powerful in the Force as she was without taking power where she needed it. Unless she led a sheltered life...

"I search for Masters of the Force." He admitted easily enough, "mostly to teach me abilities that I do not know of, or I need to perhaps expand in." He shrugged again.

"And you search for tutors in a bar?" Nessarose asked, this time the surprise all too evident in her voice. She'd heard of such things. She'd even participated in it once or twice, but that was because the searches in question had tracked her down and then turned out to be family members. This one could make no claim to that though, as even her ancestors, in which the Pure Sith blood pumped harder than in the rest of the tree, would never be caught dead looking anything other than mostly human.

"That's kinda dangerous. Some masters would kill you just for displaying reckless stupidity," she grinned from ear to ear, grabbing another milkshake.

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

Naefas's eyes widened at the woman's words, though he didn't say anything right away. It wouldn't be the first time that he searched for tutors in a cantina, wait, it would. He was only there for the simple reason of refreshment and a place to stay for a few hours to relax. "No I do not." He said shortly.

Then she continued on and he listened silently. "I have yet to come across such masters." He said with a dismissive shake of his head as if to say that will never happen. Or, as if he would die in a cantina. He almost shook his head at the thought of that. "I am here for refreshment." He said simply, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What are your abilities?" He asked, and his hand grasped a cup of his ice water, and brought it up to his lips.

"Unless you plan on being my inquisitor, you can stop it with the interview," Nessarose noted, slightly annoyed, "and if you're not an inquisitor, you might wanna stay super far away from that career path. You're not awfully good at it."

Finding masters in random bars, asking for training, trying to understand what they know... There were much better and more respect provoking way to get it done.

"So how did you make it to your age without having been killed yet?" she changed the subject, grabbing another bowl of onion rings. Force, she was hungry.

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

Arvis Syphex frowned slightly. "I don't plan on becoming an Inquisitor." He said curtly. "I am only making conversation." He said with the same frown upon his face. This woman truly just thought the worst of him with every question, didn't she?

"I overcame the trials that were in my way." He said it in a way that was saying he wasn't speaking about the trials as an Apprentice. Though that was the only hint to what he was truly talking about. "Why are your questions always assuming the worst of me?" He asked with a calm, monotone voice.

"You really suck at this conversation thing," Nessa said with another smile before grabbing her third milkshake, "I don't really think the worst of you. But you really gotta think about what your questions and how you talk effects or tries to effect the person in front of you, y'know? I mean, c'mon, you reek of the Darkside, but you can't progress in its political ranks unless you know at least a little bit about getting the message you want across, right? So cut the crap about pleasant conversation, only a few of us can actually do them. What do you want, and why do you think you're worthy of having it? Get creative!"

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom