Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Solovarna

Status
Not open for further replies.
naucean_planet.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/Hydromancerx/Naucean/naucean_planet.jpg

Name: Solovarna

Region: Unknown
System: Elmda
Suns: One, Argitus, yellow dwarf
Orbital Position: Habitable zone, 2nd planet
Moons: Two moons, natural, Delliba and Fardiga
Coordinates: D-8
Rotational Period: 30 hours
Orbital Period: 385

Class: Terrestrial
Atmosphere: Type 1
Climate: Tempearte, only in the equator surrounding areas of the planet. The colder points are at the North and South Pole areas.
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Mainly jungle regions. Large oceans separate three large landmasses that border around the equator and the two frozen tundra regions on the poles.

Native species: Soltarans (both average and elite) http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22100-soltarans/
Immigrated species: None yet
Primary languages: Soltarian
Government: Advanced tribal-like government
Population: 5.9 billion
Demonym: Solotarian
Major cities: Indagora
Major imports: None as of yet
Major exports: Telamanium http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22104-telamanium/
Affiliation: None yet

Culture: Soltarans are a very advance tribal type of cutler. They all have different colonies spread across their world, all with a designated leader who commands the overall tribe. Most of the tribes tend to be ruled via matriarch values, the females being considered stronger than males. While it is not an overall agreement as there can be male rulers it seems to be a larger majority. The elites of the Soltarans, while not as intelligent as average ones, are very respected and cared for by the people.

The naming of a Soltaran is varied because the name of a Soltaran is also a word in the Soltarian language. While the name can be changed to be either masculine or feminine, depending on who it goes to, the name tends to refer to something in the person’s life. It could be their profession, something personal in their lives, something in their parent’s lives, or even something that describes them in relation to an object like a river or mountain. These names are the first names and, due to how common place the same name can be, secondary names are used. These names are usually original names but using another name in the same form as the first is an option. As such you may often find Soltarans with the same first name, but to find with both first and second is next to impossible. This only applies to the average Soltarans as Elites are often provided short and less elegant names. Some tend to have the same names but not within the same tribe or group. If there are they one must either change his name or must kill the other for the write to keep that name.

All the colonies across the world are united even though separated by at least 100 miles. Each colony has a leader who is voted for. These leaders not only command their cities and forces but are also representatives for them as well. When matters of great importance must be met all the leaders/representatives meet in the capital city of Indagora to discuss set matter. Indagora does not have any leader as it mainly acts as a hub for trade and political matters.

The Soltarans honor certian days of advacement in their culture's history. One such day is the unity of all the colonies across the world, this celebration being called the "Aldurhah" or Day of One. On that day everyone celebrates with grand feasts and parties throughout the colonies. At night each colony lights a large urn present in every one at the same time as a sign of their unity. This has been held as a grand tradition for the past thousands of years.

Artwork of the Soltarans tends to be a singular theme: admiring natural beauty. Most artwork consists of landscapes of the more gorgeous areas and landmarks of the world and even self portraits of those that are considered the more beautiful of the Soltaran people, be they male or female. Any other artwork tends to be ignored or looked down upon as the Soltarans admire real beauty instead of ficticious.

Technology: The technology is slightly more advanced than that of humans (In reality not Star Wars-wise) but they have not developed space travel yet. They have also not discovered atomic properties. Their advancements include laser technology, flight, holocommunications and life support suits; to name a few.

History:
50,000 years ago: During the early developments of the Soltaran people one rule was crucial: survival. Early Solovarna was similar to Earth, only instead of apes and primates evolving it was reptiles who became the more dominate species. Much like early man Soltarans developed the tribal society and hunted for food and clothing and other important materials. Leaderships were established and other tribes soon began to meet and communicate with each other. Among the tribes found were those of another group very similar to the Soltarans and yet not; these eventually being called the Elites. While early cavemen did not cooperate with the Neanderthal tribes the Soltarans took to these creatures as brother tribes, establishing peace among most. The more violent tribes were wiped out but those that maintained their peace were eventually inducted into the Soltaran culture, thus adopting the name of Soltaran. During the early periods these newer Soltarans were often called “others” or “second breed”.

10,000 years ago: As time went on as the Soltarans began to develop a more stable culture, the Others had more trouble developing. This was mainly due to their limited intelligence and greater irritability. While some wanted them killed other Soltarans were able to convince the populace of their uses as laborers. The compromise was that the Others were not destroyed but were also excluded from the regular Soltaran populace. Colonies far outside of Soltaran cities were developed where a number of Soltaran handlers to keep them in check. They were only ever brought out of their colonies for labor during the day and/or night before being sent back to their colonies.

5,000 years ago: Mellania passed before the discovery of a rare metal on Solovarna: Telmanium; meaning “cold strength” in the Soltarian language. This metal was found to be very durable, able to withstand pressures and was extremely durable against all of their weapons. It could only be found in the colder areas of the world, even underwater in the deepest trenches of the ocean.While some of it was reachable with what technology the Soltarans had other sources were too dangerous to travel to. Soon the Soltarans found another way of getting as much Telmanium as possible without risking their lives: using the Others. Advanced suits were created to keep the Others well heated enough to travel into the colder regions on the plant and the colder trenches in the oceans. With the guidance of their Soltarian superiors they were able to harvest and mine more Telmanium. Because of their contribution to the advancement of the people the others were soon renamed the Elites; though this title is both true and false in that they may be stronger and more durable but are not as intelligent or live as long as life as an average Soltaran.

3,000 years ago: With the development of overseas communication with other colonies a more stable peace is established among all the colonies and thus begins the celebration of the Day of One.

Present Day: With more Telmanium as a resource the Soltarans developed more capable technology slowley over the many many years. They used it to establish small bases in the colder regions of the planet as well as vehicles to transport into those more extreme regions. This has helped develop the Soltarans into the people they are today.

Notable PC's: None yet

Intent: To be the home planet for the Soltarans and to go side-by-side with the development of the Solotaran people.

@[member="Darth Tyrana"]

Hmm... There are some things I'd like to point out:
  1. What is Telamanium? Is it a custom thing? If yes, then I think it will need a submission in the Technology Creation board.
  2. Cultural information is a bit short. Could you add some more to it, including something like arts, daily life, traditions, etc?
  3. History needs to be expanded. Please add some dates too, so I'd get an idea of when something happened.

Oh! That's where it needs to go. The Telamanium I mean. I wasn't sure if metals would count in technology but alright I can try to submit it there. As to everything else I'll update after I sumbit that.
Where would I put it in terms of technology though? I mean when sumbitting it?

@Darth Malificete

@[member="Darth Tyrana"]

Link in the exports and the custom species. Inform me of whether or not they've been approved yet - if so this will be Approved. If not we will wait until the Species/Tech is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom