Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I'm going to be making a ship and would like some help before posting it.

So yes I was thinking of making a ship but I'm in a bit of a bind as to what to put into to it to get the most bang for my buck. I'm even willing to do a dev thread to help it along as it is to be a sort of mobile home for Darth Erebos. As it is, he is a sith knight of the one sith and I was wondering what is the biggest ship I can have as my personal flagship/mobile base/Headquarter ship. It will also have stealth capabilities and I have done the required mining thread for this.

Bellow is what I will be copying over to the Starship submission forum once it is finished. (Any and all tips, helpful systems and the like are very welcomed)
The Doppelgangers Lament
banu_merchantman_by_emanshiu-d7ss0n4.jpg

Image Source: Here
Affiliation: Darth Erebos
Manufacturer: Zuguruk Tyûk Industries, Darth Erebos
Model: Doppelganger-class
Modularity: Weapons, engines, shields and main system can be retrofitted
Material:
Titanium Reinforced Alusteel, Transparisteel for windows and view ports, Sensors, engine parts,
Classification: Personal Flagship, Stealth ship.

Length: 400 meters
Width: 100 meters
Height: 150 meters

Armament:
4x forward facing Mass driver cannons, can be aimed by aiming the ship itself.
10x Rotating Turbolaser cannons (Single barrel) mounted on the starboard side of the ship, can turn a full 480° degrees, half sphere facing away.
10x Rotating Turbolaser cannons (Single barrel) mounted on the portside side of the ship, can turn a full 480° degrees, half sphere facing away.
4x Quad heavy turbolaser cannons (Four barrels) mounted along the brow of the ship, forward facing but able to turn in a 120° degree firing arcs along with 70° up from directly in front of the ship.
2x Dual Turbolasers cannons (Twin barreled) mounted along the ships stern, can fire at anything behind the ship.
6x Quad Laser cannons mounted along key points of the ship, two are mounded on either side of the bridge to protect it from star-fighters.
2x Advanced spread proton torpedo bomb launchers fired from under the ship.
2x Tractor Beams Mounted above the hangar bays on either side under the ship.
14x Point-Defense cannons mounted on strategically important places to provide maximum cover for the ship.

Hangar:
Can hold 10 star-fighters/Interceptors/bombers/Gunships total, no squadrons. add 8 more if no vehicles or other ships occupy the hangar
4 drop ships
2 Vehicles or 4 bikes
2 slots open

Special Features:
Thermal Shields: A more powerful version of the more common deflector shield. Like the deflector shield, the Thermal shield can deflect laser and projectile fire and can withstand a direct hit from a volley of torpedoes.
secondary one way deflector shields: one way to allow ships and torpedoes to exit the ship but not enter it once active.
Personal Library: Darth Erebos has a part of the inner ship converted to a Library for his personal use, in a part of the ship that is a personal wing of T'zanith
Personal Luxury quarters: There is a large personal quarter dedicated to T'zanith, in a part of the ship that is a personal wing of T'zanith
Personal dojo: A dojo holding every thing T'zanith would need to train in either lightsaber combat, martial arts as well as force training complete with dueling droids and remotes, in a part of the ship that is a personal wing of T'zanith
Personal meditation chamber: A chamber where T'zanith can meditate to enhance his powers with the Force. Offering a very peaceful and soundless environment. In a part of the ship that is a personal wing of T'zanith.
Alchemy devices: In the personal wing of the ship is a pair of rooms devoted to Alchemy, one for inanimate objects and another for organic objects.
Luxury quarters: The ship boasts a total of 4 luxurious quarters.
Cloaking Device: The ship is outfitted with a mechanism capable of rendering the ship invisible to both sensors and the naked eye.
Hypermatter reactor: A large output reactor to power the ship.
Sensor Jammer: a type of device capable of blocking or fooling sensors. This can effectively cause the ship to go unnoticed by any possible observers, and also to prevent an attacker from gaining a weapons lock on the ship.
Medical bay: The ship sports a medical bay.
Advanced Sensor systems: The ship boasts a very advanced array of sensor systems.
Proximity indicator: An indicator that tells the bridge of nearby ships, missiles as well as other objects.
Hyperwave signal interceptor: a sensor that detecteds the telltale fluctuations in the local hyperspace field that result whenever a starship enters or exits hyperspace. It can not indicate the origin or destination of a ship, but can record its entry or departure, as well as its mass and speed. Hyperspace signal interceptor is also capable of tapping into hyperspace based transmissions, such as those broadcast by the HoloNet and Hyper-radios, as well as communications through subspace.
A life form indicator: though typically grouped with sensors, it is technically a sophisticated computer program designed to be used in conjunction with other sensor types. It analyzes the data provided by other sensors to determine if a life form is present, and if so, what kind.
Ion scrambler: This ensures that unwanted listeners will not be able to track the location of the ships transceiver transmissions signal's origin point.
Spotlights: Around the edges of the ship are a number of spotlights, mostly used as landing spotlights as well as to light up very dark environments around the ship.
A large holo-chamber: On the other end of the hallway leading to the bridge lies a large chamber that is designed as a very large holographic chamber, able to accurately project the galaxy, the surroundings of the ship and other things able to be projected with hologram technology.
Force saturating crystals: The ship has several crystals throughout the ship which saturate the air with force energy and make it so that those that see with the force feel like they have eyes in inside the ship.
Force enhancing Sith Magic crystals: On the bridge of the ship, inlaid into the captains chair, are Sith enhancing force Crystals which allow T'zanith to use the ship as if it was a conduit to his own power. Effectively allowing him to use his force powers inside and outside the ship and to attack other ships with the abilities he himself knows.

(Provide all of your submission's special features, including non-combat items and special weapons, here in a list. Please link to all Factory Submissions used. Links: Starship Weapons, Approved Technology, Shields, Engines)

Maneuverability Rating: 10

Speed Rating: 8

Hyperdrive Class: 3

Strengths:
Stealth drive: The Doppelgangers Lament has strong stealth capabilities that also cloak it from sight and most sensors.
Heavily durable hull: Due to the Titanium Reinforced Alusteel hull this ship can take a heavy pounding and still keep swinging.
Heavy forwards facing fire power: it's most powerful weapons are all forwards facing.
Force power: The ship can act as a conduit for it's masters force powers.

Weaknesses:
Magnetic signature: The only sensor capable of sensing the ship when "cloaked" is the expensive and rare Crystal gravfield trap, which tracks the gravitational fluctuations created by a large mass in space.
Stealth vulnerability: While the stealth field is engaged the shields can't be engaged at the same time, leaving the ship vulnerable to attack.
Low Maneuverability: The ship is hard to maneuver effectively.

Description:
As T'zanith Zebron reached the rank of Sith knight the usual corvette he employed seemed insufficient and he decided to have some engineers design a new ship that would meet his demands and needs for his ship. Thus The Doppelgangers Lament was born, a ship designed for stealth and long tours out in space, the perfect environment for Darth Erebos to train his eventual apprentices.
Sleek and black painted designed with both form, function and elegance to fit it's eventual master. It is the product of the finest Engineers and designers that were brought into Zuguruk Tyûk Industries under Darth Erebos. With facilities designed specifically for T'zanith's personal use they feature a Personal Library which is stocked with the books, tomes and holocrons found by T'zanith as well as a very wide array of them copied from the sith archives on coruscants sith temple. A personal Luxury private quarters for his use as well as four others a bit away from his private wing, a meditation chamber that provides the quite and calm environment that is needed for meditation. Lastly it features a personal dojo that has an controllable changing floors, walls and ceilings to provide with a variety of environments as well as features a gravity and atmosphere variability that makes it able to create a wide array of training scenarios and conditions. The dojo also holds several remotes and Droids to use for both Lightsaber training as well as a few more weapons to train against, blasters among them.
Bristling with armaments capable of defending the ship from enemy targets and a very hard hull so that it can take a licking and still keep ticking. With thermal shields capable of taking heavy punishment with a one way deflector shields as back up to protect the ship when the thermal shields need recycling as well as allow ships to leave the ship without allowing anyone to fire at the ship but also enter the ship while they are active.
With a sophisticated stealth system that compliments the defensive strength of the Invisible shade, however when it is active the only thing keeping the ship protected is the Titanium reinforced Alusteel hull that can take more punishment than a normal durasteel hull.
The ship isn't invincible only tougher than a normal ship of it's designation and it's weaponry is mostly designed for manned turrets and point defenses to protect against star-fighter sizes ships. It's capital to capital fighting capabilities begins and ends with it's forward facing armaments which are four Mass driver cannons and four quad-Turbolaser batteries that while they provide a very good fire power base only do that much and the ship has to rely on it's sluggish maneuverability to adjust itself to fire at a new target.
There is a Large chamber at the back of the bridge that serves as a large holographic chamber which serves many functions, one such function is a command center. The air of the ship is so saturated with force energy that it allows it's owner, T'zanith, to see as if he actually had eyes.
On board the bridge, more specificaly the captains chair, are four Force-enhancing Sith magic crystals which allow the one sitting in the chair, only T'zanith is allowed to sit in it. These crystals enhance the users power and allow him to project his own sith powers as if the ship itself was his own body. This allows him for example, to cast force lighting inside corridors of the ship he is aware of or to cast the same ability outside the ship towards another ship close enough to his own ship.Only T'zanith can use the crystals effectively and their use is a closely and jealously guarded secret.

Cargo Capacity: 8.000 metric tons
Passengers/troops: 480 up to 1280 if cargo hold is used as well.
Consumables: 3 standard Years
Crew: 836 (30 Officers), (360 Crewmen), (100 Ensigns), (100 Engineers), (200 guard troopers), (46 Gunners)
Minimum Crew: 480 (20 Officers). (280 Crewmen), (60 Ensigns), (60 Engineers), (30 Guard troopers), (30 Gunners)

Development Thread:
sithsicles on ice - Stygium mining for the Stealth drive

Intent: To make a flagship/Headquarters/personal ship for Darth Erebos

Who Can Use This: Darth Erebos, with permission his apprentices and others.
Inspiration: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corsair

[member="Darth Erebos"]
The largest ship possible for an independent person is 400m. With a minor faction that jumps to 1000m, but said ship is owned by the minor faction.

Major factions and big companies are the only ones who can have the big boys, the Destroyers and Command Ships.

Alatar Istari

A
[member="Darth Erebos"]

Personally, if I were you I wouldn't be able to pick either. They both look awesome.

.. I'm not helping am I? XD

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
1. An individual character may NOT own a ship larger that 400m . Ships over 400 meters must be owned by a Faction (Major or Minor), and may be captained by the character, but in case of leaving will not go with them without exceptional circumstances and faction administrator approval.

[member="Alatar Istari"] not at all XÞ

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"] & [member="Valiens Nantaris"] So if I wanted a larger ship I'd have to have it owned by the one sith but captained by Erebos?

What I was thinking though is that the ship would have an inner sanctum, a Library, a pesronal Dojo and the like will 400 m be big enough for something like this?

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Darth Erebos"]

You could fit that in no problem but yes anything bigger and it must be owned by a major or minor. (There are special circumstances for owning a bigger ship if you own a company)

How would I go through that? Making a company that is? (Would be making a ship yard) [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] any ship building companies that haven't been adopted within one sith space or near it or in a vastly unoccupied space. [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] All right thank you CX

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] & [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] I've added a spoiler to the first post with the work in progress of the ship, any tips to get the most bang for my buck on this design?

Darth Erebos said:
any tips to get the most bang for my buck on this design?
What are you looking to do with it (aside from it being a personal flagship)?

For example, do you see this as more of mobile academy or home? Or is this something you want to enter into regular combat against with large enemy ships?

[member="Gir Quee"] I'm looking for a large stealth capable home, academy (4 max apprentices) ship that can also deal a little punishment, not going into regular combat but still able to hold it's own. Also kinda want to use it as the first ship with a new defense system that emits a large number of flexsteel threads in a 40m radius around it to block any star-fighter size ships from coming near it without being either severely damaged or destroyed.

Darth Erebos said:
[member="Gir Quee"] I'm looking for a large stealth capable home, academy (4 max apprentices) ship that can also deal a little punishment, not going into regular combat but still able to hold it's own. Also kinda want to use it as the first ship with a new defense system that emits a large number of flexsteel threads in a 40m radius around it to block any star-fighter size ships from coming near it without being either severely damaged or destroyed.
To that end, I'd probably use something like a "balanced frigate" loadout under the old 2.0 rules. It'll have decent weaponry to defend itself and fight other similarly sized ships, but it'll have some versatility as well with a decent enough hangar that can carry different types of small vehicle (starfighters, personal transports, ground vehicles, etc).

I'd also consider including an Ion-scrambler so people don't find or track your ship by its communications.

As far as the academy portion is concerned, I'd take a look at the Sun Gem's description of its jedi training facilities for some ideas.

A defense system like you described will likely require its own tech submission since it's so unusual, but given FIDO, it seems possible to me.

[member="Gir Quee"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"] & [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] I've decided against using the defense but might I ask if you could take a look at what I've changed with the submission in the spoiler in the first post, how is it? I will be making another dev thread for this ship. Is it overly strong or something of the like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom