Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Apparently We're Going Major

We're winning the Rebellion with ease, but I was stunned to see how much unanimous support there was for going Major off the win. I asked the same question to a similar faction in a similar situation last week, and they were unanimously against it. But it seems like after a couple years of operation, the Underground is ready to take a swing at going Major. Also pretty much unanimously, the members have selected the name 'The Kathol Outback (TKO).'

Once the Rebellion reaches the two-week threshold a week from tomorrow, we'll be applying to skip the Major Faction approval process. In addition to our previously announced new Faction Administrator, @Vilaz Munin, we've also appointed @Glavo Pahro (the former Julius Sedaire), who's doing a fantastic job already. We may appoint another FA, depending on workload. However, we don't expect this to be a hugely work-intensive faction. Here's what we're looking at:
  • Outer Rim/frontier setting.
  • Coalition of underground/fringe elements rather than a central government.
  • General spectrum: true neutral to chaotic good, with exceptions - think the Firefly crew.
  • No massive homogeneous fleets or unlimited resources - think Rebel Alliance/Resistance. We don't mass-produce some perfect snow attack vehicle, we adapt our speeders to the cold and go out on tauntauns.
  • We do Dominions when we feel like it and when they make sense at an IC level. We don't do map expansion for its own sake.
  • If we don't enjoy being Major, we go back to being the board's longest-running and most successful Minor Faction, and keep doing what we're doing.
  • The Kathol Outback is an insanely rich source of cool settings and enemies and information. There are complete maps with travel times, and they're awesome. What I'll be doing is writing a reference guide to the species/nations of the Outback, as well as the primary threats.
That's it for now, but stay tuned, and keep writing in the Rebellion thread. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom