Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...About Those Pictures

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
The Messa - Kurt's Palace of Love(his room)
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kurt had never really been good with computers. It wasn't his area of expertise in the least. When he'd been a pilot the others had always made fun of him because he'd needed help calibrating his targeting computer and running through system checks. He'd learned to do it himself eventually...but well to say that it wasn't his thing was an understatement. It was a theme that had always carried with him, and while he wasn't a simpleton computers just seemed to leap beyond him.

That was why it was difficult getting the damned terminal in his room to actually work the way he wanted.

Every time he wanted to do even the smallest task the thing seemed to glitch out on him which of course ended with him smacking the side of the screen and cursing.

For the past hour or so he'd been attempting to get the thing online and open his mail so that he could read a letter that he knew Jamie had sent him, but...well the stupid thing just wouldn't let him do it! For some reason every time he hit the power button he got a progress bar for an updated that he couldn't cancel, it was like the damn thing was trying to force him to upgrade itself.

What kind of a dumb company would do that to their own systems.

"Ugh." Kurt said as he leaned back. "Stupid thing. I just wan-"

A loud beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep rang out from the terminal, and then the online noise finally sounded out. His head tilted forward, and the terminals desktop appeared, his wallpaper(a TIE fighter flying across a backdrop of a battle) and a few icons quickly loading into place. The Courier gave a small internal cheer and then double clicked on the small envelope icon, popping his mail application on and quickly opening Jamie's letter.

Subject: Hey Butthead
Sent: Taungsday at 04:34
---------------------------------------

Hey! How are you doing?

Still haven't talked to my family since we left...I wonder if my father told my mother yet. I almost wish I could be there for it. I still can't believe he would do such a thing and try to keep it a secret forever. so selfish and stupid. I know that the next time I go back, which I do intend to do in the near future, I am going to make sure that little girl knows who I am, and who her father is. This isn't something that can just be kept from her. This is her life that is being glossed over and it's not right.

On a different note, I find it hard sometimes to sleep now, without you next to me. I feel like I'm missing something every time I try to go to bed. It's strange. Look what you've done to me Kurt Meyer!

How are things for you? Is your back now back to normal? What are you up to now that I'm not your distraction?

Talk to you soon,
XoX - Jamie

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Subject: RE:Hey Butthead
Sent: Benduday at 1:34am
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

--------------------

Hey babe, I'm good. Miss you.

I know Naboo didn't quite go as planned, but when you're ready to go back just tell me, I'll be right there besides you. I can't tell you one way or another what to do or when to go back, but you know I'll support you no matter what.

I'm taking on a job for Sif, not the usual fare, something big to make back some of the money we spent while running around on our vacation. My backs good, everything a bit hectic right now but hopefully after I get done with the job things will slow down a bit. It's a bit dangerous, has me heading into Sith territory, but it pays enough to be worth it.

Don't worry though, I'll be fine. :)

I wish I was with you went to bed too, I feel a bit colder at night now. We'll be back together soon though, maybe I'll even take you to Tatooine.

Keep me updated with your training, tell me if you go somewhere! I'm not sure how long this job will take, but I'll send you another letter when I get back, the One Sith aren't so good with keeping up their Holo-net connections anymore so I'm not sure when I'll be able to talk again. I love you.

Don't forget to miss me,
Kurt

Subject: RE: Hey Butthead
Sent: Centaxday at 09:15

I miss you too!

Thank you. I know I can count on you. I think I just need some time away from there. I'm sure things are probably very unstable down there right now anyway, but I want to see this girl sometime soon. I don't want her to grow up without a family, and I guess maybe I'm a bit selfish in wanting to find and build a relationship in some way with my half sister.

I'm glad your back is feeling better now, but please be careful wherever this place is that you're going! You know I'm going to worry anyway even if you tell me not to. Especially if you're going to have trouble keeping in touch while you're there! That scares me.

When you make it back we can go to Tatooine. I dragged you through the misery of my family and all of that crazy drama, so it's only fair that I endure yours, right? Just kidding...Sort of. I imagine the tables turned slightly, being looked at strangely as the 'snooty rich girl from Naboo.'

I just hope one of these trips go better than they have so far. Just one trip where nothing goes wrong would be splendid I think!

Anyways, I should mention that I am planning on exploring a few of the Jedi temples on Voss and Sullust, see what I can learn from them. Hopefully by the next time I see you I will have a bit better understanding and control with this Force stuff than I do now. My only worry is that I'm going to struggle my way through this whole process. But we'll have to see. I'll let you know where I end up.

I love you,
XoX - Jamie

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Sent: Zhellday at 4:34am
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

----------------

I'm glad you're branching out a bit. I think learning from just one source is bad anyway, when I was practicing for the Boonta Eve I watched dozens of racers and a few hundred hours of tape just to see how others did it. Maybe visiting other temples will help you get a little bit more information on how things are done. It'll be good for you, I think.

Don't worry about me, we're on our way now headed towards the core, everything is smooth sailing right now!

My parents won't see you like that. They don't care if you're rich, poor, blonde, Twi'lek, or any one of a hundred things. They came from a place where subjugation and racism were commonplace, neither of them liked that and so they left. I think when they meet you they'll love you regardless of what or who you are. My friend...my friends well only a few of them are worth listening to anyway, and they aren't really on Tatooine anymore either so we won't be meeting any of them.

We'll get that nice trip, I promise.

Anyway, I think The Messa is just about ready to drop out of hyperspace so I need to get going. The Core is...wild right now. With the One Sith gone everyone is trying to scramble for as much as they can. I think we'll mostly be overlooked, though this delivery is honestly giving me the creeps a bit, the box I got is...weird. I'll tell you all about it when I see you next.

Be Safe,
Kurt.

Sent: Benduday at 03:26

I hope you're right about that. (The trip I mean! And your parents too a little I guess) Luck hasn't been on our side at all in that regard. I'm not unaware of how most people see nobility and the under the breath comments when I have my back turned. Even at home it was pretty common place for that type of reaction outside of Theed. It's just how things are I suppose, but maybe you're right. Maybe things will be different on Tatooine. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Let me know how your delivery goes! (I'm assuming by now you've already made it.) I ended up on Bastion, doing some stuff for the Alliance and Jedi. Things kind of got a bit out of control and crazy, but we made it. I'll tell you more about it next time I see you, but there's no need to worry, I'm okay!

Try to keep safe! I am heading to Dxun soon I think, if things go according to plan.

I love you!
XoX - Jamie

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Sent: Bedunday at 4:34am
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

We got the package, headed to the core now, It'll be some fancy flying but should be alright!

Bastion? Why Bastion? That place is filled with people even the normal Mandalorians consider crazy. Look forward to hearing that story, maybe while we're relaxing on the couch, your hair wrapped around my fingers. It'll be nice.

My parents will love you, I know they will.

DXUN?! Sweetheart, you're going to give me a heart attack. Please. Please be safe. I wouldn't go to that moon in a tank. I know you're a force user and you know what you're doing, but...yeah. Watch yourself. Don't touch anything, plants, animals, anything. I can't imagine what losing you would be like, be careful.

Love you too,
Kurt

Sent: Taungsday at 11:12

Hope your delivery went well! It has been a very busy time here. Bastion will be a long story. It didn't go smoothly. Again, I'm okay, so no need to worry.

I am a bit nervous about Dxun though. Aela wants to teach me how to do what I think I accidentally started to do back on Spira and failed terribly at. She thinks I could be good at it, maybe good enough to tame a Drexl! Ha Ha, we'll see about that. I don't think it can be done but she has been going on and on about it, how she tamed one and about the beast riders of legend, etc, etc. I guess we'll see, or maybe we'll both get eaten and this will be the last communication you get from me.

KIDDING. I hope you didn't just have a heart attack. I'll be okay!

I hope you're doing well!

Miss & love you.
XoX - Jamie

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Sent: Bedunday at 2:21pm
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Hey Honey.

I think you’ll be on Dxun by the time you get this, meaning you probably won’t read it for a few days...maybe a couple of weeks. I know that signal on Dxun can...well it’s pretty much non-existent. Used to know a smuggler that operated out of here....be careful okay?

The delivery went okay, got the credits and will be fixing up The Messa a bit with them.

I need to see you soon.

I love you more than I can say,
Kurt

Sent: Centaxday at 14:34

Hey! Had a quick minute before bed to send a message! (Finally got some reception out here!) It has been pretty interesting (and a bit scary) so far.

I'll be fine, I think. Aela does a pretty good job at making sure I don't get bit by poisonous snakes, or falling off the edges of cliffs, being eaten...You get the point.

I'm glad the delivery went well and everything. Where are you off to after?

You do, huh? Like the time you snuck into my room on Cartao?

Hehe. Take care!
XoX - Jamie

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button

Hey, I don’t think you’ll have signal for long, I know how that place can get! But I’m glad to hear from you :)

I really mean it about Dxun. That place looks like its safe, but anything can drop on you at any time. Just keep your wits about you and don’t try to stare at anything for too long. I’m glad she looks out for you though, not happy that she brought you in the first place buuuuuuut….

Not sure where we’re going next. We have a bit of a lull, the job paid well, so we have enough for food and fuel for a bit. I’m thinking I might try swoop racing...but we’ll see.

Not quite like that...I think right now I just want to hold you.

Be safe,
Kurt

Sent: Centaxday at 07:12

Hi! I thought I would send you a quick note and let you know that Aela and I have left Dxun finally! We'll be on our way back to Alliance space after making a few small stops along the way.

You'll never believe what I did! It was CRAZY!

What have you been up to this whole time? I can't wait to hold you too!

Love you!
XoX - Jamie

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

That's great!

I'm excited for you and can't wait to here it.
Things have been busy here, just kind of floating around and fixing up The Messa, twenty Thousand credits can get you pretty far as parts go.

How about we meet up soon? We can get a room somewhere on a planet in Alliance space and go sightseeing?

Let me know.

Love you more,
Kurt.

Sent: Bedunday at 02:21

That sounds great! I should be back to Sullust in a few days. We can meet up then? I have never craved a shower more in my life...

See you soon!

XoX - Jamie

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Sent: Bedunday at 3:24pm
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

That would be great!

How about Pelagon? It's a nice little planet near Alliance space.

I can get us a place to stay and pick you up at the starport.

-Kurt

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Sent: Centaxday at 2:19am
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Hey.

I know you won't answer this...maybe you won't even look at it, but I wanted you to know I made it out of the hospital.

I'm...I'm sorry about what happened. I'm sorry about the way I told you. I'm sorry about everything. I never meant for any of this to happen. I never meant for...I hope you're alright. I know how mad you are at me, you have every right to be, but please stay safe.

What I said in the hospital was true. I'll figure this all out...I'll find you after I do.

I promise,
Kurt.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Subject: Hey
Sent: Primeday at 4:19am
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

----------

I didn't know what else to do...I know what you said...I know you want me to leave you alone, but I don't know If I can.

Maybe you won't even read this, maybe you won't care. Maybe it'll make you hate me even more for reminding you of me, but I can't stop myself.

Kaile had a test done, the kid isn't mine.

That's the truth. I swear it on my father, mother, The Messa, everything I am. I don't know if it'll change things between us, maybe not, but I feel like I had to tell you. I took a job in the Galactic Alliance Survey Corps, something with steady pay that's safe. I'm going to help Kaile as much as I can. I think I'm still too much of a kid myself to really do anything, but she's my friend so I can't abandon her.

Just Like I can't abandon you.

I still think about you, every day without fail. I hope some part of you understands this. Understands me. Knows that I never meant to hurt you and that if you give me the chance...I'll do everything I can to never let it happen again.

I've always been honest with you, and that's what this is. Honesty. I want to see you, talk to you, be with you, but I can't abandon my friend. You don't have to answer, I'll understand if you don't, but...I wanted at least to try.

I won't say those three words I know you don't want to hear, but they're still true.

-Kurt

Subject: RE: Hey
Sent: Zhellday at 12:51
[member="Kurt Meyer"]

I don't hate you but I have too much going on to play games Kurt. I don't know what you're looking for me to say, 'Everything is fine then, let's forget it all?'

There's still so much wrong. You didn't abandon me. I left you on Pelagon. There are things happening back at home, in the Alliance, with me. Things you've not been around for.

The Messa is not my home. It never will be. It has no right to be and it has no place for me.

I don't know what you hope to accomplish by seeing me, but I am on Naboo for the next week before I'm sent elsewhere.

- Jamie

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Subject: Hey
Sent: Zhellday at 18:33
[member="Jamie Pyne"]
------------

Alright.

I'll come to Naboo, before the end of the week, Primeday I think. We can talk about...everything.

I'll see you then.

Thank you,
-Kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom