Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Smart Sonic Grenade/Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: Add to the ammunition types available for B230 Smart Grenade/Mine Launcher
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Prototype Lab Q
Model: Smart Sonic Grenade/Mine
Affiliation: Spynet
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel/Electronics
Special Features:
Programmable grenades
- Detonate in Xm;
- Detonate Xm before/after target;
- Detonate with Ys delay from reaching X
Programmable Mines:
- Wall stick;
- Airburst within Xm of lifeform;
- Go to ground
- Go to ground and hop when triggered
Description: These 25mm smart grenades/mines are fully compatible with the B230 Launcher. In fact, they will be launchable, but will not detonate when fired from any other launcher. Each grenade/mine is electronically primed and programmed when in the chamber, based on user choices. When fired they will behave and detonate as programmed, as per all B230 ammunition.
Prototype Lab Q took the original ammunition for the weapon, and refitted them with a new range of more varied armaments. This version is based on the Sonic Detonator: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_detonator
They use intensely strong waves of sound to incapacitate their targets. Producing a sudden burst or 'squeal' of very high frequency sound, they are used to incapacitate organic enemies by causing piercing, intense pain in hearing organs. They can render most species helpless by inflicting deafness temporarily or even permanently on an unlucky target.
Potential Area of Effect (Grenade/Mine):
Permanent Damage: 1.5m/1m
Stunned: 10m/8m
Pain: 20m/16m
Obviously many battle suits have some form of protection against loud noises and shocks, but these will often have some effect even through armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom