Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sith as a race

Tellos

I figured this was the best place to discuss it. But while it is stated the Sith went extinct given we have seen that be false a dozen times before are the race still deemed truly gone or perhaps are hidden covens possibly?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
there are a few planets with purebloods still on them. One an entire kingdom, another where they are involved and live in the mountains, other worlds have them more primitive building tombs.

Solan Charr said:
The planet Kesh, and there is a Custom planet
It's worth noting that these weren't Pureblood Sith, but beings that had taken up the mantle of Sith. The Keshiri race were similarly inducted into that Order, but were not Sith of the original race, nor were any others who landed there.

Tellos

So I assume pureblood sith are as stated rare I know their not banned but defiantly sound like you won't see them by the dozen.

[member="Tellos"]

Is your question in relation to NPC and PC? I mean, if you were to say make a planet submission and use Purebloods as the base race it'll raise questions if not well written, but that goes for any rare/extinct race. For PC no one's going to yell at you if you make a Sith Pureblood, just make sure your Bio is suitable and doesn't say something like ... "He/she was born on Planet Korriban 22 years ago."

I know several people who do and have roleplayed them... Some quite well, too.

Also on a less related note: Next time you have a question in regards to the website or roleplay it's best asked here, although it may seem a little misleading there's a 'Question' prefix and the staff are more likely going to respond there with accurate information.

Edit: My apologies I didn't fully answer your initial question as I misread it!

Tellos said:
are the race still deemed truly gone or perhaps are hidden covens possibly?

Yes, hidden covens are possible... There's a little saying around here that you 'get what you write for.'

Tellos

Ok wasint sure [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] Sorry. And more curious because the Sith as a culture are interesting and different from the Sith we commonly think of I know. Maybe some day I'd be interested in making a sith but for now more trying to understand the placement they have in site cannon. Unlike some I havint read every book in the extended universe and also just some info i dunno. Also I always am very skeptical of a race being said to be dead or gone. Seems often people assume this and it always turn up wrong especially with the Sith.

I think the reason we see so little of them on this site is because the pictures of purebloods is limited since sith purebloods are limited to star wars and they are rare in picture. I personally have only seen/heard about them in SWTOR.

[member="Tellos"]

My apologies if I sounded rude in anything I was saying... There's nothing wrong with the question you asked. Even those with an extended knowledge of canon don't know everything and if they do I might seriously question how they spend their time :p

So far the staff have taken a rather reactive approach to handling what content should or shouldn't be accessible to the community. Some races are banned but almost all are for very simple reasons: They're very powerful and will just ruin the fun. As I said, just because a race isn't on the list doesn't mean an eyebrow won't be raised in some circumstances but the only time a PC would get questioned is if your background was just nigh impossible in accordance to basic lore.

Tellos said:
Seems often people assume this and it always turn up wrong especially with the Sith.

And this is a very excellent point! There's so many worlds out there, unfathomable populations, to completely count out a race OOCly would be a silly notion. Afterall 'extinct' races have been utilized officially in events to say the least.

Sith are an extinct species, as far as reproduction to death ratio goes (in which they're in the negatives, because there aren't any families/groups/collections of Sith purebloods lying around). They've since been bred out into a hardly recognizable descendant of what they were originally. There are a handful of them who have lived either through stasis or self-sustaining (through the force) means, but they are by no means a collective species. Where you find one you will likely not find another, for example.
[member=Tellos] [member=Anja Aj'Rou]

Tellos

I just know nobody has spanned the entire galaxy so for people to claim that any race is truly entirely gone is making some hefty claims. [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Silara"] I know thats whats said but again how many thousands may have fled after the great hyperspace war alone? I don't think there are none in groups or enclaves.

Tellos said:
I know thats whats said but again how many thousands may have fled after the great hyperspace war alone? I don't think there are none in groups or enclaves.
The Sith species bred with other species to make various others, it was their thing. It started with the Jedi exiles and rapidly accelerated following the Great Hyperspace war. Canon states the last remaining Sith were the passengers of the Harbinger that had a malfunctioning hyperdrive that propelled them 5000 years into the future to 41 ABY, where the ship was then destroyed with all onboard. The only planet that the Sith ever called home without being bothered was Tund, where the Sorcerers of Tund were until one Sorcerer took power and kill every other sorcerer.

That is about the closest to a civilization of Sith you will find.

That isn't to say you can't have a small tribe of Sith surviving in some distant, forgotten, world in, say, the Unknown Regions or Wild Space, but you won't be finding any large numbers of Sith. The Sith were wiped out both by the war and by interbreeding. Any found after the fall of Exar Kun were generally killed off.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_%28species%29

Tellos

[member="Silara"] I'm aware what cannon says trouble is cannon has again said this a dozen times and it turned out wrong. cause it's up to whatever writer you get later. i agree i doubt you'd find any old sith empire i doubt any populations exceed a few tens of thousands not enough to be noticed in a galaxy of trillions. And thats the largest I could see any population rising.

[member="Tellos"]
The reason why the Sith were so easily/totally wiped out was that they stuck around Ziost and Korriban and nearby planets for the entirety of their existence, rarely leaving the area. If you do find any remnants, it's going to be on one or two planets, maybe a few more, with pockets ranging in the upper hundreds or lower thousands.

[member="Silara"]

Technically if you are going canon you merely have the movies now and so sith pureblood isn't a thing. Quite frankly all that needs to happen to make them canon book wise is someone writes a book saying they survived, it gets well received and BAM canon. Quite frankly, we can cut out the middle man here and say if [member="Tellos"] just has to give a logical reason on how some are still alive and in my opinion I should think that would suffice.

[member="Tellos"]
Prior to 3000 BBY the galaxy was unmapped beyond the Outer Rim (hence Unknown Regions, Wild space, etc). While passing by planets during hyperspace travel you will miss every single species that lives on every single planet you don't stop to look at. Korriban and Ziost and such were beyond the outskirts of mapped known space, it wasn't until Naga Sadow attacked Empress Teta that it became a known region in space - known then as "Sith Space". Dromund Kaas was even hidden through various means by the Sith Emperor. The Sorcerers of Tund were known but were forgotten after Skere Kaan and the Sith Brotherhood began conquering the entirety of the known galaxy, culminating in Bane's thought-bomb that ended that conflict, and Tund faded into obscurity.

The Great Hyperspace Wars was when the region was discovered, but the Galactic War was the end of their species due to Darth Vitiate/Sith Emperor's galaxy-sprawling Empire being destroyed and then hunted down by the Jedi following that, which led to the Sith Brotherhood as mentioned above.

With all due respect, I don't see how any of this has to do with the OP's original question :)

Of course if [member="Tellos"] wants this to be a debate then so be it but it was my understanding that he was merely asking if it was possible for a small group of Sith Purebloods to have escaped extinction. It's needless to say that people have and still do roleplay as Sith Purebloods without raising issues. They're not a banned race and thus can be roleplayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom