Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since we're talking about invasions...

I just wanted to pop in and talk about invasion objectives. From the chat logs posted in that other thread, it seems clear that this is a point of contention for negotiations, mostly because of population concerns.

So I wanted to express some support in this thread for non-dueling objectives.

Starfighter dogfighting, speederbike dogfighting, I'm good with that.

One-on-one lightsaber clashes? Eh, not so much. Really, this doesn't interest me so much to the point that I wouldn't join an invasion where this is the only available way to progress towards the goal.

Other, non-fighting objectives? I'm definitely down for those.

Anyone else feel the same? Please voice your support in this thread.

Please don't use this thread to convince me how wonderful dueling is, or argue about anything not related to general invasion objectives and what you would be interested in doing.

[member="Jerek Zenduu"]
But I just got myself a brand new armor... :p

Debate is better then negotiations. Have speeker duel to win the ear of a congress or some company owners or whatnot.
Also, a shoot out between propaganda could work. Who makes the best and most thought through propaganda campaign?

Slicing, slicing and more slicing!

zoe-hart-computer-gif.gif

This is where support roles honestly come into play. You don't have to be Pvp vs Pvp to help win.

Support comes in many formats. Healing, evacuating, setting up traps, blowing up things, negotiating help from other planets for reinforcements.

One of the objectives on Kashyyk was essentially decided by support roles when Republic comm systems kept getting hacked and jammed, messing with coordination in the area. Nothing ever has to come down to PVP unless writers decide to. Find some people who'd want to go for something else and set stuff up with them. It's usually possible to approach any invasion objective any way you can think of.

I think one of the issues is PvP has been trickled down to only include Lightsaber Duels. If you find someone that wants to Dogfight against you, I say go for it, same in a one on one tank fight, or really any One on One fight in any environment, if you find someone that is willing to do that against you, that is PvP. It can be that loosely organized. It doesn't have to mean just swinging your laser sword around against each other. If you want to do something like a Speeder/Starfighter Dogfight, and you have opponents interested, go for it.

Heck, PvP only includes such a vast array of possibilities and locations that you can do just about anything.

Basically, if you find someone on the other side willing and able to write that story with you, do it. Be reasonable, hash details out with them, and go out there and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom