Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simultanious Invasions

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Incoming message from the big giant head>

There's been alot of behind-the-scenes talk of a multitude of major factions wanting to invade the One Sith at the same time ICly, meaning that the One Sith in this case would be left virtually defenseless as most of their members are already engaged in ongoing Invasion threads.

As Staff representative, and as an unbiased party as I've no ties to any of the factions involved, I come before you now to say that simultanious invasions have always been up to the faction leaders to discuss beforehand, and that it cannot be forced upon a faction to be simultaniously invaded by several other factions. It's not fair to the members of that faction, and I don't believe any faction would like the same thing happen to them.

That is all.

Now, go and assemble a team of teenagers with attitude!

<end transmission>

Zordon.jpg

[member="Popo"] | [member="Lucianus Adair"] | [member="Gilamar Skirata"] | [member="Ayden Cater"] | [member="Darth Mierin"] | [member="Salem Norongachi"] | [member="Domino"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Seydon of Arda"] | [member="Amorella Mae"]

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
Looks at [member="Seydon of Arda"] and gleams.

power-rangers-o.gif

Cause In Space while the end of the Zordon era they had dropped teenagers with attitude by graduating them. It would take Dino Thunder to bring back teenagers... real teenagers.

That, and the multitude of invasion propositions were the result of independent parties getting sick of watching the Sith cause drama with the Republic and in general (and because they make fun badguys), and lastly because it was a cool idea that would have ended up being similar to a mini event.

Don't want to fight 4 battles at once?

Be.
Nice.
To.
People.

Ally limits and whining prevent thus from being much of an option. Though it does tend to help out considerably, it fails to really be a game changer unless the opposing faction is already suffering on participants. In which case the effect is lost and it just becomes sad. (Witness CID invasions as evidence)

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
I don't really have anything invested in the whole invasion scene, so don't take this the wrong way, please.

But doesn't this basically allow a faction to shut out another faction by saying, "No, I don't want to risk losing, therefore I won't agree to play with you"?

Also, the current trend seems to be that allies are not allowed in invasions.

So, while I don't entirely agree with what [member="Captain Larraq"] is saying, he has a great point about there being no IC consequences for being an IC jerk faction.

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
Yes, but that's being logical.

This is an RP board that tries to be balanced, sometimes at the expense of logic.

Sure, the One Sith are the meanest faction to grace the galaxy, but they are composed of real people too and being gangbanged by everyone and their mother isn't fun for anyone. Not balanced, either.

I proposed rules and guidelines that would give staff more leeway and justification to enforce 'not being a dick'. The proposal was violently rejected under the premise of self regulation via IC consequences. This nee ruling throws out a great deal of the power the members of this board had at their disposal to regulate 'issues'.

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
So you think the Sith have been OOC jackasses during their invasion of Republic space, right? And because of OOC jackassery, you want to arrange a galactic invasion of Sith space? An IC action to punish an OOC behaviour?

I don't even...

Commander Orin said:
So you think the Sith have been OOC jackasses during their invasion of Republic space, right? And because of OOC jackassery, you want to arrange a galactic invasion of Sith space? An IC action to punish an OOC behaviour?

you're grasping at straws.

He said behave. You're Sith. Sith don't behave. He said nothing about OOC behavior. Stop playing the victim.

Everyone play nice.

Commander Orin said:

I don't even...
Nobody organized anything. The Mandalorians knew that OP was going in for blood. The Mandalorians have a very low writer base. We knew that we could match the Sith on writers if they were distracted and knew that we could get a good fight out of it. Thus the attempted dual invasion.

Outside of that, no communication or coordination took place. There was no 'grand judgement' to be issued upon you. Honestly, everyone had the same idea. "Those guys have been dicks. Let's go punch them in the jaw while their hands are full."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom