Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Si'kahya Beskar'gam | Jorir Variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

u5z6cIB.png

J O R I R
B E S K A R ' G A M
c4MhPo4.png

"Strength is only a measure of what I can or can't punch through."
- Cerar Vizsla, notable Jorir warrior

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a Jorir variant of the Si'kayha beskar'gam for the Mandalorian Enclave.
  • Image Source: Midjourney
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Armor Set | Beskar'gam
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Concussive: Very High
    • Disruptors: High
    • Pressure/Vacuum: High
    • EMP/Ion: High
    • Electrical: High
    • Lightsabers: Very High
    • Extreme Elemental: Average
    • The Force: Average
    • Chemical: Very Low
    • Vibroweapon: Average
    • Tensor: None
    • Stun: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Structural
    • Multilayer-composite Bodysuit, Atmospheric and Pressure-sealed
      • Layer I - Plastoceramic Plating [Disperse Kinetic Impact]
      • Layer II - Ablative Inertial Damper Electronic Wiring [Disperse Kinetic Impact]
      • Layer III - Armorweave Bodyglove [Disperse Energy Impact]
    • Life Support Monitoring Systems
      • Adrenal Stim Autoinjection System [Limited Quantity, Refillable]
      • Supplementary Bacta Injection [Limited Quantity, Refillable]
    • Altitude and Environmental Protective System
      • De-Icing
      • Heat Resistance
      • Wind Resistance
      • Pressure Resistance
    • Thermal Insulation Fabric
    • Integrated Heat Sinks, Ion Dispersal Coils
    • Electro-resistant grounding sinks, dispersion mechanics
    • Ablative Anti-Rad Shielding
    • Rust Inhibition System
  • Helmet
    • Rebreather, Envirofilter
    • Atmospheric Pressure Seal
    • HUD System
      • Long-Range Audio Detector
      • Heat Signature Sensor
      • Biometric Display
      • Optic Zoom Function [Enhanced Magnification]
      • Tracking Fob Integrator
      • Biometric Scan & Indent
      • Field-of-View Enhancement [up to 360 degrees]
    • Sensor/Receptor Systems [EMF/EM/FS/DE]
    • Hydration Dispenser
    • Holo/Video Recording Systems
    • HoloNet Scan & Uplink
    • Rangefinder
      • Enhanced Long-Range Systems
    • Encrypted Long-Range Transmitter
  • Chest
    • ENCL-JR5 Striking Falcon Jetpack
      • Flight Stabilizing Boosters
    • Digital Life-Support Readout
    • Direct-to-Weapon Power Cell Integration System
    • Backplate-Mounted Power Cells, Rechargeable [Solar-Ionization]
    • Modular Equipment Mount
  • Vambrace [Right Arm]
  • Vambrace [Left Arm]
    • Shuk'orok Crushgaunt
    • Personal Plasma Shield Projector
      • Personal Configuration
      • Wide 'Banner' Configuration
    • Wrist Blade, Retractable
    • Stunner
    • Flame Projector
    • Variable Small-Munitions Launcher
      • Thermal Detonator
      • Concussion Grenade
      • Fragmentation Grenade
      • Flashbang Grenade
      • Electromagnetic Pulse Grenade
    • Footmark Tracking Sensor [paired with Helmet HUD]
  • Utility Belt
  • Lower Body
    • Knife Sheathe [Left Shin Plate]
      • Survival Knife
    • Entrenchment Greaves
      • Counter-force mechanism.
    • Magno-Lock Soles
STRENGTHS
  • Rallypoint: The Jorir protects those who are less able, and a Jorir's armor achieves this through a large banner-style plasma shield that is projected from the armor's gauntlet. In the banner configuration, the shield extends two meters out in either direction and is two-and-a-half meters tall, effectively a deployable wall in the thick of battle.
  • Reinforced Warrior: The Jorir variant of the Si'kahya Beskar'gam allows its wearer to shrug off a lot of damage that would otherwise hinder a normal Mandalorian. A reinforced design protects the structural integrity of the armor, including entrenchment-style greaves that allow a Jorir warrior to withstand immense brunt force without moving.
  • Charging Bull: Modular hardpoints expand the offensive combat capabilities of the wearer, including a self-replenishing power cell integration system
WEAKNESSES
  • Physics: Heavier and more bulky, the Heavy Infantry variant offers much less base mobility for its wearer.
  • Power Constraint: The Jorir beskar'gam requires a significant supply of power to remain optional. If damaged, and supply is constrained, mechanisms such as the banner shield become undeployable.
  • The Force: The beskar'gam offers no protection from Force or alchemy-based attacks, leaving its user vulnerable to those types of damage.
DESCRIPTION
I am a Mountain of Steel. And I cannot be moved.

The protectors and military muscle of the Enclave, the Si'kahya have devoted their lives to the protection of their people. They are the warriors who serve as the first and last line of defense when the Clans are at their most vulnerable, and they are the ones who step up and take charge when the Mando'ade is at their most desperate. And the most valiant, the warriors who by themselves are a walking army, are the heavy infantry, the mighty bears, the Jorir.

The Jorir variant of the Si'kahya beskar'gam, this cuirass is designed to not only take a beating but to turn its user into a walking one-man tank. An ablative inertial damper installed into the plating of the beskar'gam negates much incoming kinetic damage, particularly the concussive force behind it, with the tough beskar plating stopping both piercing strikes and energy-based damage.
This beskar plating is extremely comprehensive and tough, allowing for little exposed weaknesses that an enemy could exploit. The Jorir variant also features a reinforced structure that upholds the overall integrity of the armor. It can withstand exceptional force through specialized entrenchment greaves that allow a Jorir to remain firmly planted against considerable force.

The armor variant is provided with a power cell-weapon integration system, allowing for continuous reloading of heavy weapons. In addition, the Jorir beskar'gam features a personal plasma shield that can be expanded in a banner configuration around four meters long and two-and-a-half meters tall, able to provide significant and instantaneous cover. A drawback of this is sacrificed mobility when the banner shield is deployed. In addition, the operation of all of this gear requires a significant and constant supply of power; should the armor be damaged and the power supply interrupted, these functions would be disabled.

Altogether, the Si'kayha Heavy Infantry-variant beskar'gam is an extremely tough beast and hard shell to crack, suitable for the strongest of warriors among the clans.

Changes Made: Strengths, Weaknesses, Special Features, Resistances

Last edited:
The Quartermaster The Quartermaster

Nice and formidable, as befits a Mandalorian warrior. There are some things I'd like to look at before stamping this, however.
  • Firstly, I have some questions about this armour ratings.
    • What exactly is "Elemental" if Pressure, Extreme Heat, Extreme Cold, Radiation, and Corrosive are all counted separately?​
    • I would strongly suggest replacing "Alchemy" with something else; I know pretty much anything as traditionally been allowed in the Resistances field, but a lack of defences against what is almost always a lengthy, out-of-combat process is stretching it.​
  • Secondly, the formatting seems to have bugged out and deposited a stray flamethrower link into the left vambrace. I imagine you'll want to remove it since it's a pretty hideous addition to an otherwise neat submission.​

AMCO AMCO

Okay, I hope I've been able to address everything.

• I clarified the 'Elemental' rating to basically be a catch-all for all other Elemental damage types since I only specify Extreme Heat, Extreme Cold, Radiation, and Corrosion as you pointed out. All other Elemental damage would fall under the 'Elemental (Other)' category
  • I really do appreciate the suggestion, but I've elected to keep alchemy as to distinguish it from Force-based Powers (although in this submission those ratings are the same, I also like to keep my submissions uniform in terms of things like resistances). To that extent I've also added something for Witch Magic, if that's fine with you.

And lastly, and I'm very appreciative you were able to catch it, I've deleted that bugged-out link. Hopefully that looks good?

First of all, apologies for not noticing initially but the "Extreme" resistance to Kinetic will have to go, due to the following excerpt from the Technology Templates: "Resistance Ratings Extreme will require the submission to be Semi-Unique. This Resistance Rating is considered very strong and are usually dealing with unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only."​

Now onto the other resistances.​

After a great deal of consideration, I have decided to require you to remove the Resistance of "None" to Alchemy and suggest you do likewise with "Witch Magic", though that is ultimately up to you. The Factory is exceedingly liberal in regards to what can and cannot be considered a Resistance, but something that is virtually always a slow, out of combat technique is crossing that line.​

Should you wish to remove both while keeping the resistances more or less as they were, I have some suggestions. Peruse at your discretion.
  • Reducing Kinetic to Very High (as you are required to do) would free up one point.
  • Merging "Extreme Heat" and "Extreme Cold" into "Extreme Temperatures" would free up one point.
  • Merging "Pressure" and/or "Sonic" into "Kinetic" is quite feasible and would free up one or two points.

Submission Name: Si'kayha Beskar'gam, Rekr Variant
Link to Submission: x
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Update submission

Submission Name: Si'kayha Beskar'gam, Jorir Variant

Submission Name: Si'kayha Beskar'gam, Galaar Variant

Issues.

• Concussive: High
    • Biological: Very Low
These are not valid resistances.

Concussive is nothing more than Kinetic blowback. It just does not work here and actually just morphs into Kinetic which is already Very High. Nothing to honestly worry on here.

Biological however I am not allowing at all. We already have rebreathers and other sources to say it hits or not, Biological at Very Low means that possibly your own body damages the suit. It just...does not work. Please remove this.

Let me know when this is done. If you see this repeated, just bear with it as I am trying to review all of these at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom