Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She's like the wind

How long had it been? Sopher watched the grass blow out in the middle of the fields that covered Tython. He had come to the planet in search of something to help him find a center. The dark side was still ever so tempting, he knew when he crossed over that he was going to live a constant battle within himself. Frowning his usual look, he folded his arms in front of his chest. Days seemed to move by so slowly. Turning to leave the field, he felt the wind blow through his blonde hair.

Stopping, he blinked and his frown faded. The wind always reminded him of her, it was soft and delicate when it touched his face. The only woman to have this effect on him. Sopher inhaled deeply as he let the wind caress against his skin. There would never be another time he would feel her warmth, so the wind was all he had. The frown returned to his face as he continued down the path in the field. Sighing softly, he whispered her name in hopes that the wind would drift his voice to her wherever she was.

Louise

here for your dad
You were always there.

In her restless dreams she saw him. Amongst a sea of faces, of those who had been dear, those who had been cruel, and those who had simply abandoned his face shone the brightest.

The return from Chaos had been unkind. Memories of a distant past had become fragmented and muddled, as if she had asked a complete stranger in the realms of fate to piece together her memories for her. It was frustrating, confusing and in the height of her bewilderment she found herself trying to scream, only for silent strangled garbles to fall upon the ears of nobody.

In dreams however, faces held meaning and colour.

She knew one. Nemene. Blood red for rage and for revenge but she was not why she wandered today.

Golden.

Like the sun.

It was the only face in the abyss that filled her with a sense of warmth, almost making the woman feel human once more. That was the face that she sought, and did seek, bringing her to Tython with a trail of decay in her wake.

She was constantly rotting, always in a state of dying. From the moment she had clawed herself out from the ground as if hell had rejected her. Had she come back wrong? Or had she always been born that way? To sustain herself she stole life from others, although the woman understood that in her prior existence she had developed a lack of empathy or sympathy towards the people of the galaxy. She was cruel.

Why am I cruel?

When Evelynn Dorn closed her eyes the Force guided her feet towards that once cherished warmth. It guided her as if it was meant to be, as if for once in her life she deserved to be bathed in light instead of cast away to the darkness to be forgotten.

To rot.

Not found in his field but rather in a forest she heard him, she heard his voice and she knew it was his voice because there could be no other! Was he here upon this world? Was there really somebody left who would wait for her?

Her golden sun?

I'm here.

---

[member="Sopher"]

Her voice always echoed in his mind, it was a constant reminder of what he lost. He would remember his promises that he couldn’t keep not only to her, but to the others he failed to protect. A failed battered shield providing no protection to the user. Her voice came again piercing his ears, Sopher stopped at the edge of the forest that was coming up. Frustration filled him and he punched one of the nearby trees. The bark splintered against his fist and scratches bled slightly. The frustration dissipated and he was back to his normal state of being. Evelyn’s voice faded as quckly as it came, Sopher was able to focus on the forest he was now walking through.

“I don’t remember this being on the map.” Reaching into his pouch he pulled a small map and read it quickly. The forest wasn’t on the map, but then again with everything that had happened, it could just be something that was displaced when Akala returned. Sopher folded the map and shoved it back into the pouch. Looking about the scenery he pictured it being a decent training spot especially since it wasn’t on any of the local maps. Continuing farther into the forest, he felt a sudden shift in the Force. He stood in the middle of the clearing, the feeling was confusing. At first he felt it being something unnatural, yet the more he focused on the feeling it felt familiar.

Where are you...I’m forever searching for you.

The wind continued to blow against his face despite being blocked by the thick gathering of trees. [member="Evelynn Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Still alone.

Cold.

The woman continued to wander, footsteps still guided by the Force, still searching for him. It was like walking towards the sun setting upon the horizon. There was vague hopelessness set within her still-brittle bones, after all, while one can fly into the sun and get burnt in return, the horizon remained impossible. It was always there, in the distance, never getting closer, never getting further.

That very thought made her falter, legs growing weak in a moment of doubt the woman stumbled, collapsing to the forest floor with a small gasp.

Oh, Force…

A certain edge of weakness made itself known upon the edge of her mind, a frailty that surpassed notions of physicality, a weakness of the mind, of the soul. The small woman felt as though she was tearing at the seams, ready to crumble at a moments notice.

Have I always been this way?

Evelynn craved, she craved for protection. The thought of functioning without somebody to be there seemed nigh impossible. For a moment she wanted nothing more than a pair of arms to wrap themselves around her being and shelterer her from universe.

Have I always been this weak?

Her eyes were now brimmed with tears. So cold, so alone. She didn't want to be alone. Into the breeze she insisted, sending another telepathic message out into the beyond to accompany her scattered broadcast thoughts.

I'm here. I'm waiting. Please.

Don't leave me.

---

[member="Sopher"]

Sopher stood in the middle of the force, his ears perked as he felt her voice caress the folds of his mind once more. This feeling had happened before, he remembered feeling her when he was being tortured by the Sith when he went to save her. He remembered her voice lingering in the back of his mind as he chose to follow Daella to the Dark Side, and he had felt the warmth her voice brought to him when he stood on the edge of a bridge prepared to end it all during the second coming of Akala. The force wouldn’t have been there to save him and if he attempted there was a good chance that it would malfunction and rip him in half.

Twigs broke under his heavy boot as he continued to wander feeling her voice grow stronger within his mind. The feeling was different, it grew stronger and louder the farther he wandered into the forest. Sopher ran his forearm under his nose, wiping away any moisture that clung as the temperature dropped. Her voice continued to cry out, to him? Fists clenched at his sides as he continued to try and figure out if this was a trap or if this was real.

I haven’t seen her in so long…
I don’t care if its a trap...or if I die.
As long as I get to see her
I’ll be okay.

Suddenly, his feet broke into a quick stride and he ran with every ounce of strength he had in his body. The Force suddenly kicked in out of habit and he moved closer and closer to her. Sopher being guided by the Force found the clearing she was in - where she waited. He hesitated and stared at her wondering when the dream would shatter and he’d wake up in the middle of the meadow he was just in. The vision of her frame didn’t disappear and with that he walked up and stood behind her. Reaching out, his hand grazed the familiar blonde hair. His rugged voice spoke as his lips parted forming each letter of her name.

“Evelynn.”

[member="Evelynn Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
She could feel him.

In her aching bones, in her blood. That pulse that thrummed so weakly within her beat harder as he came closer. It was like warmth, real heat that tried to soothe and comfort. Standing there in the middle of the forest Evelynn felt as though she might have fallen right there and then…

...but knowing that he was close gave her the strength to remain standing, if only for a little while longer.

Then he was there. Behind her.

Warmth.

The sun.

Her golden sun.

As she felt his hand go through her hair, heard his voice say her name she turned to face him. The memories, previously denied to her came flooding back all at once, keeping those tears still brimming on the edge of her vision. She remembered.

She remembered him.

Evelynn allowed herself to fall into him, almost knowing that he would catch him. Emotions coming over her so suddenly caused the tears to fall freely, as the cold woman wept openly into his chest, wrapping her arms around his mid-section and holding on as if she was fearful that he would leave her.

Sopher.

---

[member="Sopher"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom