Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaking the Family Tree (Zatten Black)

Cryax Bane was sitting in a cooly lit, upscale bar on the planet of Csilla, the homeworld of his people. But sipping his drink and casting his glowing red eyes around the room, he couldn't have felt farther from home. Raised as a poor scrub on the tiny dot in space called Bakura in the Outer Rim of the galaxy, he couldn't have less in common with these reserved and distinguished blue-skinned people who shared some of the same blood as his ancestors.

He was on Csilla for a job interview at Csillan Industries and he needed to take the edge off after interviewing with a very steely Chiss executive. He blew the air out of his cheeks and ordered another drink. The odds were his lack of composure blew the opportunity. As his interview so embarrasingly pointed out that he had sounded apprehensive. Ah, well. The Red Ravens were keeping him busy anyway.

He slowly realized as he stirred the ice in his glass reflectively, that it wasn't really the job he was interested in as much as just making some, hell, any connections to the Chiss people. Csilla tugged at his heart for reasons he couldn't explain. Especially since he felt like such an outsider on the ice planet.

[member="Zatten Black"]

Csilla. I had mixed feelings about coming here, but I had been planning to eventually. Of course, they didn't know that I was the heir to House Nuruodo. Nobody except me, Kadrak, and my father knew. Basically, I was doing what I would on any world.

I was going into a bar to get as drunk as possible.

I walked into the first bar that my almost nonexistent knowledge of the Chiss language could identify. It was (surprise) filled with blue-gray people of every description and appearance. I just shrugged, and walked up to the bartender.

"Whiskey, please. With wroshyr sap, if you have it."

I looked around a bit, and was slightly surprised to see a Chiss with spectacles on, sitting right next to me.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

The first thing that the sullen Chiss noticed about the man next to him was his odd skin color, a sort of pinkish hue, very unusual. He that those glowing red eyes with the wan white irises that indicated he possibly had some Chiss blood in him. He felt oddly attracted to the man, and although he had no reason to, there was a pleasant air of euphoria around them that he hadn't felt before the fellow's arrival.

Cryax blinked, realized that he was rudely staring at the man and he averted his eyes. Then he noticed the pink-skinned man was speaking Basic, not Cheunh. Ah, here was someone in the bar he could actually have a conversation with. He was normally terrible at introductions, but the liquor (and phermones) had made him bold enough to say something. The Chiss slicer leaned in towards the man next to him and gave him a slight smile.

"Is Csilla always this cold this time of year? The people, I mean, not the weather."

[member="Zatten Black"]

I looked at the spectacled guy, and smirked.

"I wouldn't know. Seems to be a trend, but I haven't been here long enough to tell. At least the liquor's good here, or I'd probably leave."

I hadn't even realized that I was excreting pheromones, but I let them be. Too much energy to try and disperse it. Instead, I made my eyes turn red. Partial battle transformation was really easy, now.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

The Chiss blinked at the change in the man's eyes, still unsure of what species he was dealing with. With so many near-humans and aliens in the galaxy, it was not out of the question that this was simply a species he'd never encountered. He didn't want to ask the man outright, feeling it wouldn't be polite. So instead he stuck out his hand.

"I'm Forlac'rya'xitodo. And you are?"

As seemed to be the custom on Csilla, he had used his real name and not his core one. He hadn't spoken it aloud in so long, he almost felt he was losing the subtle, staccato intonations that made the Cheunh language sound so beautiful.

[member="Zatten Black"]

I shook the guy's hand, and grinned.

"Call me Zatten. If I said my name in Cheunh, half the bar would probably start taking potshots at me. I have a very recognizable name."

My grin faded to a smirk at the reaction to my eyes changing.

"Don't mind my eyes. Just gotta practice keeping them this way while I'm here. It's part of a little thing I like to call my 'demon' form."

[member="Cryax Bane"]

"Fair enough, Zatten. You can call me Cryax then. Cryax Bane"

The young Chiss smiled somewhat shyly, glad he wasn't going to have to explain that he didn't actually know any Cheuhn, save for a few curse words. His curiousity about the pink-skinned man's identity was piqued.

"So what's your story, Zatten?" he asked and eyed the Zelto-chiss's glass, noticing the guy was drinking something alot harder than a Corellian beer. "Are you here on Csilla for business? For pleasure? To rendevous with a lady friend for some future unmentionable activities?"

He smiled at Zatten, his own drink warming his throat, grateful for the company on this lonely planet.

[member="Zatten Black"]

I grabbed my drink, and took a couple gulps before answering.

"I'm here with the lady-friend in question. We're not eactly here to sight see. My purpose here is far more... dangerous."

I grinned, and took another sip.

"Cryax, huh? Then you already know her. Take a wild guess."

[member="Cryax Bane"]

The young Chiss tilted his head at Zatten. He racked his brain, stumped about which ladies the two might actually have in common. The other man was smoother, handsomer, better dressed than he. Any lady friend of Zatten's wouldn't be slumming around with a criminal slicer like himself. Or would she?

He hoped it wasn't who he thought it was. On one hand, that would mean that she was here tonight and it would be nice to see her. On the other hand it would mean that she was with him. And he wasn't ready to process those feelings. There was only one way to find out. Scratching his chin, he ventured his best guess.

"Is it Anastasia Rade?"

[member="Zatten Black"]

I frowned reflectively. I decided I knew the name from somewhere, but I probably hadn't met her.

"Nope, take another guess."

I grinned, and gulped down some more whiskey. I was having way more fun than I should've been.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Simultaneously disappointed and pleased, Cryax took some more mental inventory of the ladies he had on file. Was it someone from the Ravens? Someone from Bakura? There were a few women he had met quite recently, a pretty Zabrak and a Twi'lek, both of whom he was sure wouldn't admit to being seen with him. He came up empty handed.

"I'm not really sure I even know that many more ladies, to be honest, Zatten." He laughed self-deprecatingly. "You're going to have to tell me because I'm clueless."

He knocked back his drink, enjoying the little game.

[member="Zatten Black"]

I shook my head, and grinned even wider. My drink disappeared down my throat, and I put the glass back down on the bar in front of me.

"Even if that's true, you do know her. Met her on at least one occasion, when she apparently blew you off. Somebody I met at a bar. Got into a couple fights with her, too."

I tapped on the wood, waiting for both an answer and another whiskey.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

He laughed an enormous belly laugh that turned a few nearby Chiss heads.

"That could be anybody, Zatten. If I had a credit for ever woman that's blown me off...well, let's just say it doesn't exactly narrow down the pool. I'm seriously stumped. At least give me a hint. A description maybe?"

He continued, ordering another whiskey and motioning for the bartender to make it two.

"What does she look like? I'm terrible with names anyway, but I don't forget a pretty face. And I'm guessing that if she's with a guy like you, she must be a stunner."

[member="Zatten Black"]

I rolled my eyes, and grabbed the new drink.

"Oh, come on. How many beautiful alien women with orange ski-"

I choked and stopped myself.

"Damn. I gave you a hint I was trying to avoid. You can probably guess who she is, now."

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Cryax was amused that he was taking so long to guess the mystery beauty. It meant that he knew more women than he thought he did. And that meant that maybe his social skills were improving. In his line of work, he knew that was the biggest chink in his armor. If he could overcome it, well, the possibilities were endless.

He put his finger on his nose and pointed. "The Twi'lek right? With the tiger stripes? Chiasa? Yeah I made a complete spectacle of myself with her. She took it quite gracefully." He smiled at Zatten.

"I was pretty sauced that night. Hope I didn't do or say anything that embarrassed her too much."

[member="Zatten Black"]

I laughed, and took another gulp of my drink.

"I don't believe I've ever slept with a Twi'lek. If I did, I must've been drunk beyond the scope of any other occasion."

I grinned, and drank some more.

"But I'd rather like to hear that story. Define 'spectacle'..."

[member="Cryax Bane"]

"Let's make a deal. You get to hear my story if you tell me who this mystery lady is!" Cryax laughed. He must have made an impression on her, enough that her lover or boyfriend or whoever Zatten was to her actually knew his name. The Chiss felt flattered and grinned like a cat.

"Was she a Zabrak?" He hadn't made an impression on that trainer, had he? He certainly wasn't going to win over any ladies with his herky jerky fighting moves. In fact, from what he remembered both his trainers had abandoned ship that day.

[member="Zatten Black"]

I grinned over the side of my glass.

"Give the man a prize. Now, if you could just remember her name..."

I chuckled and knocked back the rest of the drink. I was having almost as much fun as if I'd been on the ship with Kadrak.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

"Kadrak! I remember her first name, but I'm afraid I don't remember her surname. Or maybe she didn't tell me. I can't honestly remember, I was pretty blinded by her looks quite honestly. No offense." He smiled. "I just have a bit of a "thing" for alien women."

He tried to read the man's face carefully, hoping he didn't make a faux pas. But his curiousity got the best of him.

"I can't believe she told you about me." he looked genuinely flabbergasted. "It's not like I had some amazing Chiss-fu fighting moves to impress her with. What did she say?" His expression changed to an ear-to-ear grin.

"Did you two fight over me?"

[member="Zatten Black"]

I raised my eyebrow at the whole rushed answer and response.

"Keep telling yourself that, Cryax."

I grinned, and drank the rest of my drink.

"She said that watching you fall on your ass was a sight to behold."

I rolled my eyes.

"Joking, but were you seriously fighting some kind of pyromancing fox guy?"

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom