Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Sewing Needle Scout Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
ta_12_by_joaskleineart-d60vkvk.jpg

Image: http://joaskleineart...TA-12-364270448
Intent: 
To provide a craft that works as a scout craft for use on the public market
Development Thread: 
NA
Manufacturer: 
Haor Chall (Hull)/Arakyd Industries (Technology)
Model: 
Sewing Needle-Class
Affiliation: 
Confederacy of Independent Systems/Public Available by Contract
Modularity: 
Minor: Crew Quarters, Sensors Equipment.
Production: 
Mass
Material: 
Alusteel, Transparisteel
Description: 
The Sewing Needle Class Scout Craft is another joint production of Haor Chall Engineering and Arakyd Industries, created to provide a scout craft for the Confederacy of Independent Systems, this vessel is unparalleled in its ability to work as a vanguard for a fleet, and provide a speedy escape in a clutch upon discovery. Able to outrun many ships her size on the market, she makes a perfect addition to a battle group’s support ships, the Sowing Needle is well versed in making sure that nothing will sneak up on a fleet. What she lacks for in shields and weapon offerings, she more than makes up for in speed.

Classification: 
Blastboat
Role: 
Scout Craft
Height: 6 meter

Width: 13 meter

Length: 17 meter
Power Core Generator/Reactor: 
Solar Ionizaion Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating:
Minimum Crew: 3
Optimal Crew: 9
Armaments:
  • 1 Triple Blaster Cannon
  • 2 Ion Cannons

Hangar: None
Non-Combative Attachments:

• Standard Navigation

• Standard Life Support

• Standard Targeting Computer

• Installed Astromech Droid System

• Advanced Sensors Suite

• SpyNet Encryption Network

• Standard Communications

• Flare Launcher

Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: 
300kg
Consumables: 
3 months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 3

I can appreciate what you're trying to do but this is going to need some reworking before its ready for approval. Right now you've got eight guns and two launchers, both of us starship judges are in agreement about the count on the blasters. I'm also having a problem with this bit in the description, "this vessel is unparalleled in its speed and ability to learn all about a battle field with its advanced sensor equipment." Mostly because it's not too terribly fast and that second bit sounds very power-gamey. It can learn all about a battle? This should be removed and replaced with more on the sensors themselves what they look for. i'd also take the VIP/shuttle bit out, this really isn't suitable for a that roll when dedicated shuttles do so much better with passenger suites and comforts. I'd also suggest putting a note next to the spynet suite that it's not included on the public models otherwise everyone will have open access to it.

I don't want to sound harsh here but this is trying to do too much, guns, speed, great sensors, extra duties, I did notice that you'd cut back on the shields which was nice.
@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
I made a bit of a change. The ship is supposed to be more focused on speed and sensors. I'd gladly take suggestions to knock the weapons down a notch. I'm thinking more of a lightly armed but quick vessel that is good at picking up approaching forces.
@[member="Domino"]

Hope this edit helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom