Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Settling In (Rianna Ordo)

Serenno had been the turning point in Ginnie Verd's life. Not only had she found a way to Mandalore, but she'd found a home along the way. [member="Ordo"] had been a hard-faced saviour and tough-muscled soldier of the Mandalorian way, and by the end of the adventure he'd given Ginnie a chance to come in from the cold of lonely drifting space and lost family connections. Having spent the past months with her Sith brother and his wife, the girl had run off to avoid the inevitable conflict and Darkside poisons which seemed to froth through Isley's every waking and sleeping second. The Verds didn't care anyhow, they were too busy making clone children and that just grossed the little girl right out! Clone babies! Some things were just too difficult for a twelve year old to understand, without help.

The Kiffar runt had come to the Ordo Ranch in her pink and purple Beskar'gam and hadn't taken the armour off without a fight. She'd slept in the stuff, her knapsack cuddled to her chest and arms through the straps. Wherever the girl had been, it must've been enough to inspire the unsettled mind which flung into silent nightmares and constant waking gestures of usefulness. In the day since Ginnie had come to the Ordo Ranch, the girl had tried her best to be unobtrusive and helpful clearing dishes, tidying up, steering out of the adults' way and tending to the animals. Especially the Nexu kitten.

All in, the girl had yet to really meet [member="Rianna Ordo"] and oh how she wanted to impress the woman Daddy Ordo loved more than anyone in the universe. Her knapsack beside her and Beskar'gam on, Ginnie played with the puppy and Nexu kitten out back. "How do ya do it, kit-kit? How do ya impress a maybe-mommy? What if she hates me? Wh-okay I'm not that weird, but she feels all... shiny. I don't feel shiny, not like her... I'm even talking to a Nexu! Oh well, I'll work hard and be useful. That'll do it, right?"

12. Rianna thought again, the child is 12. Ordo had told her of the child and that he was bringing her home, Rianna would have agreed her riduur knew her well enough to know she would never turn away someone. Neither of them would, all of their children were grown. But, this little one Ginnie she was only a child.

Rianna had each night gone and stood in the doorway of Ginnie's room watching her turn in her sleep, her unsurity showing in how she slept in her armor, guarding her few possessions with her life. They had been living in the same house, Ginnie was helpful in every way. But something was still bothering her, Rianna could feel it.

What if Rianna did something wrong? What if Ginnie wanted nothing to do with her? What if she ran away, what if...oh force help us the what if's were so many. Rianna looked out the window watching her with the nexu. Rianna raked her hair with her hand thinking, how to do this, she was afterall a diplomat right, or had been.

Ok time to grab the strill and see what happens. Rianna opened the back door of the farmhouse and stepped out. "Ginnie" she tried not to sound commanding, "I have a few chores to do before I head into Keldabe to pick up a few things for dinner today" Deep breath, exhale. "Do you want to help?"

[member="Ginnie Verd"]

"Roll over. Rooolll." Ginnie twirled the Nexu kitten on its back and gave it a scratch on its belly. Some people said Nexu were dangerous predators not fit to be around children, but Ginnie was no mere child! She was Mando'ad! There would be Beskar'gam in the way if the kitten bit! After all, Nexu weren't tame animals and perhaps that's what the girl liked about them. This one, though, this one would love her eventually!

The back door creaked open and but for the helmet on her head Ginnie wouldn't have heard it. Alas, Rianna stepped into view and Ginnie's head snapped up. She clambered to her feet and gave [member="Rianna Ordo"] a salute. "I'm coming, ma'am! Yes! Yes I can help! I can, I'm good at helping!" Launching toward the door, Ginnie had the Nexu kitten rushing after her feet. As she booked it to the stairs, the Nexu kit took a playful swipe at her ankle. Ginnie stumbled and yelped. "Hey. No Nexu in the house." She pointed down at the creature, whose wide jaws yawned open, its paw patting at Ginnie's boot. Ginnie's shoulders fell, she knelt on her haunches and patted the creature's head, yanking her hand away before it bit her. "No! Nooooo. No biting Ginnie, you can bite prey, bad guys and people who insult Ma'am and Daddy Ordo, but no biting Ginnie... you're so cute! I'm gonna teach you death from above!"

Her pink helmeted head moved to peer at Rianna, Ginnie hugged the Nexu kit and put it down. "After I teach you when not to bite. Now go play. Or nap or something. Go! Goooooo. I mean it! Go!" The kit yawned and stretched wide, moseying off toward the barn with a laxidasicalness which befit the lazy. Ginnie hopped back to her feet. "Ready and willing to help with chores, Ma'am Rianna! Oh, I mean Mrs. Ordo! I mean Ma'am! What kinda chores we gotta get done? Be they kitchen? Tidying? Assassinations? Mercenary work? Do I need my rifle? Or! Or a broom?"

[member="Ginnie Ordo"]

Rianna watched a bit startled that Ginnie had jumped up as though she had fire under her. "Yes you are very good at helping" Rianna repeated, it was not a lie the child did her best at every single thing she was tasked with. Rianna put her hand over her mouth as she smiled at the antics of Ginnie with the nexu. That was one thing about having Ginnie around, she was full of life, and so much of life was new to her. Rianna had to remember too that Ginnie was being raised mandalorian. Rianna had never raised a mandalorian child.

Rianna looked down at the small pink helmet struggling to find a name to call her, "For now ad'ika Ginnie, you can call me Rianna." Did she want the child to call her Mommy, in some ways very much in others she wasn't sure. Perhaps in time they would both know what to call one another.

"I am going to start the preparations for the evening meal, but we need to shake out all the blankets in the house and wash the clothing." Yes Rianna was doing housework, she took great pleasure in it too. Working with her hands, accomplishing something, "We will also need to go to the garden and pick some of the vegetables for tonight". Rianna reached out to touch Ginnie but stopped, she wasn't sure yet.

"So we'll start upstairs with the bedrooms, we'll gather the blankets, and then bring them out here" Rianna held the door open for Ginnie to come in. Don't be nervous Rianna said to herself. She's 12. Rianna closed her eyes.

At the tender age of twelve, Ginnie was unaware of so many things. Deafness had made her innocent of a great deal, locked away from the majority of communication she had a lot to catch up on. The ability for families to come together hadn't been one she observed with more than a tentative fascination and now she had a chance and real opportunity for one of her own. Like heck she was going to screw it up! So Ginnie worked hard, she tried to be useful and smile pretty when she could. She didn't realize the same went for [member="Rianna Ordo"]. Silly little child, in her mind emotions only went one way. Ginnie didn't notice speech without her helmet, unless she saw the lips move and hand signals, like the kind Daddy Ordo started teaching her but she did notice the way a person moved. Maybe if she helped more Rianna wouldn't shy away. "Yes ma'am, Rianna."

Without the need for it, Ginnie took off her crushgaunts and unclasped her helmet. Her damaged ears she hid underneath the braided locks of her hair, moving the braids in position to keep them over the shameful scarred sides of her face. "Blankets, gotcha. I can get those, but I don't know how to pick vegetables I never been in a real garden before being here, I don't know nothing about vegetables can you teach me?" Off she went, running upstairs to start yanking blankets from beds.

She would make Rianna like her! Even if she had to . . . had to. . . eat vegetables to do it!

[member="Ginnie Ordo"]

At the age of 12 she was more aware of the galaxy at large than many others her own age. It was a place far too many children found themselves in. Rianna however found reason to smile in all of this Ginnie was now with them, and they would be her family. Riann shook her head when she realized that most of the the adopted children, were girls.

Her yes Mam reminded Rianna of the interns in the Hall of Healers. For a moment the small pain of loss washed over her, gone all gone. Rianna closed her eyes moved through the emotion, and then opened her eyes again.

It broke Rianna's tender heart to know that Ginnie was not comfortable, with herself the immediate reaction to cover. Rianna wanted to cup her little face and tell her it was alright. But that would have to come with time and trust. Rianna had barely the opportunity to answer when Ginnie raced up the stairs, Rianna could sense her emotions switching so quickly. Rianna followed and pulled the blankets from the other rooms, "Becareful, don't get too many where you can't see...." rianna stopped her own arms full she made her way back down the stairs, each foot carefull extended to tap the edge of the stairs to make sure it was there. Foolish idea to carry so many at the middle of the stairs she looked down and pushed the blankets away watching them float to the floor. Well she could see, she turned to go back up the steps to check on Ginnie.

"Gin'ika how you doing?" Rianna walked toward the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom