Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Securing Trade Routes(CSA/Republic)

Silens Telum

Blackcraft Interventions 'CEO'
Kuat Space
Far enough away to keep from disrupting traffic around the planet, yet close enough to be noticed, a small detachment of ships broke from hyperspace into real space, emblazoned with the emblems of the CSA. Their flagship, The Krayt Pearl, was flanked by two Hades-Class cruisers and followed by two Scarab-Class carriers. A noteworthy presence, though nothing massive considering they were at the now-capital of the Republic.

This severing within their ranks had forced the corporations that had remained to make some drastic choices, and as such he was here to offer the olive branch as it were. Silens stood on the bridge of the Pearl, watching droid fighters flit back and forth along the surface of the flagship. It had no hangars of its own, but they were able to hold on well enough. He found himself wondering why anyone still used 'normal' organic soldiers, given how little tolerances they had.

He shook off the idle line of thought, though, and hailed the planet, requesting some kind of meeting with someone who would be able to handle negotiations.

The Eternal Queen
Kuat- Landing docks

Councillor Feena. a title she held once before. A familiar title. A familiar role. She did not mind being drawn in once more for the sake of the Order. It was, after all, what she was there for. And it was certainly a good use of her talents. A nice purpose. Something to work towards.

Dressed in heavy Burgandy robes, she waited for their guest to arrive. And what a guest he would be. She was rather excited about this new potential ally. A first dip into the political pool with her shiny new (or old) title. This would be enjoyable.

Silens Telum

He free-floated in space for a bit before one of the heavy droid fighters picked him up, having ejected himself from an airlock towards it. It was the only real way to get on board one of the fighters from the flagship, but he didn't mind the zero G experience. He sat in the cramped cockpit, glad he had never joined the Navy, and let the droid fly him to the designated landing spot. As it flew through the field keeping atmosphere in the station, its clawed legs touched the floor and brought it to a stop, leaning forward and looking around curiously before opening the cockpit hatch and letting Silens drop unceremoniously onto the ground, the weight of his armor denting the durasteel floor as he stood upright.

He was a little disappointed with the one waiting to receive him. Though he was never sure what to expect in these diplomatic-type situations. He knew what to do on a battlefield. This? This was foreign and strange. Maybe they should have joined the Echani. He could've roughed one of their 'diplomats' up and been done with their kind of negotiations. But still, location was a key factor here. The Iridonian removed his helmet, giving her a good view of scarred and tattooed skin with horns atop and cybernetics patched in here and there about it, before looking down at her.

"Well, hello there, I guess? You'll have to excuse my... err... informal mannerisms, as I'm more of a soldier-y type than I am a dignitary. But given that corporate CEOs are cowards, here I am." The lumbering droid behind him continued to look about, not sure whether to fly off again or wait. He waved it down and it 'sat', folding its legs against it.

The Eternal Queen
Well, this was.... about what she expected. Yes. She honestly hadn't expected a proper ambassador, and she had been warned ahead of time. Even so, she'd only ever dealt with the typical politician type. this would be an experience.
She dipped into a bow for their guest, smiling in slight amusement at his discomfort. Truthfully, she was feeling it too. She was going to have to work to make her guest more comfortably.
"Good evening! I am Councillor Feena Mason, at your service. Do you need a moment to remove your armor?"

Silens Telum

He chuckled. "No, why? Are you going to remove your robes? Practically the same thing. I'm actually more at home in this thing. Feel too light without it." He shrugged. "Though I suppose if it's trouble for you, I can remove it. Body gloves just make for strange attire, if you ask me." He looked around, wondering subconsciously how much security they had for these kinds of things and where they were posted. He hardly expected he'd not be watched, to be certain.

"Is there a meeting room or something? Or are we going to hash out all the details here. I'm fine with either, my requests are fairly simple."

The Eternal Queen
her smile only widened, but her cheeks went a little bit pink. She should have figured that the armor was not coming off, but it never hurt to check. She was sure it couldn't possibly be comfortable, could it? Regardless, she dropped the issue saying,
"Oh, I did not mean to offend. By all means wear what you are comfortable in."

She cleared her throat and motioned with a little tilt of her head to the tall glass double doors just down the narrow walkways.
"If you would just follow me, there is a sitting room right through here. please make yourself at home."
Her own personal sitting room, decorated to her exact taste. It was here that she entertained clients of all sorts, from Senators, to business owners. She did have good taste is decor, she was often told.

Silens Telum

He grinned at her and followed, looking around on the way. "Believe me, Miss, it will take a lot more than that to offend me. People that shoot me don't even offend me. Besides, though, you folks wouldn't have the proper apparatus to remove my armor." As they entered the room, he noticed a distinct lack of chairs that would support the weight of his armor. He didn't mind standing, but he didn't want to make her feel awkward by not doing so. "You'd be surprised how little comfort you need when you lack most of your natural body, by the way. At any rate, don't feel like you have to cater to my tastes. I understand that's probably in your job description, but I'm an easy man to appease, and you've done just fine."

"So, were you thrown into this blind or did they give you a rough idea of who we are and what the situation is?"

The Eternal Queen
Feena visibly relaxed. Her guest was an easy one, she could tell. She had to deal with some very tough people to please. There was once a Senator she had a meeting with that would only sit on cushions made of Corellian silk! She had to have her chairs reupholstered before he arrived to even get him to sit down with her.
"I was given a very brief report on the matter, but I threw it away without reading. Reports can give impressions that are inaccurate. I think it is important to hear who you are and what you desire straight from you, in your own words."
She nodded to a young woman waiting by the door and she nodded back, waiting.
"But, before we start, would you like a drink?"
Feena remained standing. If her guest would not sit, (or could not sit) then she would not either.

Silens Telum

"That's fine, Ma'am. I only drink to get drunk and now's not the time for that." He nodded at her. "I do appreciate the offer. At any rate, as a representative for the CSA, I've come here seeking to merge our controlled space with that of the Republic. Adapt to survive situation going on. Half our support base has gone and split to form their own group so now we need to stay afloat somehow. Our infrastructure is set up for policing trade routes and handling interplanetary commerce. I imagine that the Republic could use the bulk of our forces to ease the load on their own military so they can focus their forces elsewhere."

He leaned back into the wall and nodded. "Essentially, it's a mutually beneficial situation. We continue to perform as we always have, the Republic gets a new defense force. We won't even draw pay from Republic funds. We'll go to the corporations within the Republic and work deals out with them."

The Eternal Queen
He wanted nothing? Curious. Feena motioned for the young woman to come forth with a tray with two glasses and a bottle of blossom wine.
She listened to his proposition carefully taking one glass and filling it half way with the blossom wine.
"Intriguing," she answered after a moment, "Very intriguing. Your proposition sounds almost too good to be true."
She was smiling, holding her glass out to him.
"I know you said you wanted nothing to drink, but I would feel terribly rude if I did not offer again before I have one."

Silens Telum

He shrugged, admitting 'defeat', as it were. "It would be rude of me to deny you a second time, I guess." He took the fragile glass with almost unusual precision given the bulk of his armored hand. "And the reason it's too good to be true is because we realize we have a bit of a PR mess to handle with us coming back into the Republic given that we did sever ties to it when we left. Plus with this business with the machine rebellion, well, we see a lot of room for growth. It's not as though it's going to be a charity. It's just a calculated risk."

He sipped at the wine and nodded at her. "As for me, I just enjoy conflict, so as long as I get to be on the front lines I'll be content."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom