Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sasori Tora'yor Henkan-Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
stargate_goa__uld__s_kara_kesh_by_spinojp-d4nv29l.jpg

Image Source: [x]
Intent: To create a sasori product able to work with different sasori crystals and fulfill request
Development Thread:

Manufacturer: Sasori Research
Model: Tora'Yor MK II
Affiliation: Private Market
Modularity: Different Crystals can be used
Production: Semi-Unique
Material:

Classification: Anti-Force Energy
Weight: 2kg
Quality: 9 (at metal)
Special Features:

• Force Hardened to Resist Lightsabers
  • Able to Absorb and Store Force Energy
  • Able to Absorb and Convert Heat
  • Able to Convert Essence
Description: Designed by the jedi Artisan's and created hanging the original model of the glove, the metal has been overhauled. With new material such as the crystal weave to help augment and facilitate the force throughout it. Super light weight metal combined with the hybrid plexisteel to make it a very lightweight material that averages out after the force hardening. The sections of the metal cool and focused to absorb energy directed at it but without the regulation allowing it to become superheated when being charged up. The major side effects of it being used to absorb not able to be counter acted. The only counter of the bands and heat is training in higher levels of tutaminis.

Some of the improvements to the glove that have been done included bringing it to the waters within the valley of the jedi, testing it within the waters and areas of intense for power to augment and improve upon it. Each one is designed to test it and improve it as the force augmentation allowed it to absorb more energy properties. Tutaminis being one of the base absorption techniques and more like cryokinesis for absorbing heat and fire, converting the essence of strong emotions and people around to energy that can be fed into the force crystals. With the augmentations came more range of abilities for the glove but it still maintained the same levels of weakness. It needs that force energy and skill of the user.

More so into it was also the palm crystal, instead of being made with a single crystal the palm has been improved upon. To allow different crystals to be used and changed out. You can have one in at a time and lock it into place with the cool metal but it will not allow more then that. It has also been worked to be able to be worn over the channeling glove that is a thin piece of reactive material for focusing force energies creating more area of protection while also allowing it to channel through the gloves into the directional force crystal. Most of the use with the glove is not great but those skilled can find the value of it. Another major change to the glove is that the different crystals can provide different effects.

The major limitations of the gloves is its area of protection, the bands wrap around from the wrist to the elbow leaving gaps of flesh that are exposed so that there isn't a solid level of protection. The topside of the glove is exposed leaving the knuckles of the hand open for attack same with most of the wrist. The finger tips cover the tips of the fingers leaving them exposed and the palm of the glove is mostly bands and tubes to connect it that are very flexible. It is protective but only in the sections where the metal is and when exposed to high heat will begin to distribute the heat across the metal bands quickly. Similar in distribution to ultrachrome so you have a little more time before it starts to melt into your skin.

However it is not ultrachrome and the metals will eventually after searing and melting the flesh will start to drip and roll down worse creating degree burns that most hospitals can barely try to treat. The limitations of the crystals are mostly with the ones using them as their skill and ability to feel the force or use it is limited. They just facilitate it into new ways over giving them new abilities. The glove can help a user with tutaminis, it cannot make you automatically know it. That is the job of your teachers to show the basics same for the other skills it has in terms of force augmentations. The jedi using it can use some of the very different crystals to help themselves in situations and as more crystals can be developed it can continue to have more utility.

Strengths:
  • Can catch and store energy
  • Can Resist Lightsabers (at metal and bands)
  • Can Swap Palm Crystals
Weaknesses:
  • Limited area of protection (only covers hand and forearm in a band)
  • Requires Advanced to Master level skills in Tutaminis
    Note: Ten post dev thread training with glove

[*]Does not work on worlds or area's untouched by the force
[*]Superheats when absorbing energy endangering the ones wearing it without skill
[*]Holds one Crystal at a time
Primary Source:

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Matsu Ike"]

How many of these dev threads have been cited for previous submissions, counting or not counting the components?

My first impression, at this stage, is that this is comparable to some of the most powerful unique Force artifacts ever. Still reading the components. I'll get back to you.

Matsu Ike said:
Crystal Gathering - might have been
Crystal Gathering - might have been
Valley Waters - Unused
Corridors of the Past - Unused
Dominion of Korriban - Unused
Exploring with Fam - might have been
Ain't Afraid of No Ghost - Production being increased and used for snare crystal
Dominion of Zygarria - Original sub
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Most have not been, soe I am unsure of and am looking to check on my lists. The ones that weren't used well they were do with the intent to increase the production and usability of the glove through waters from the valley of the jedi, infusing it with force enery from ossus and testing it on Korriban. The crystal threads are no where near my best and I can admit sub par falling generally into quantity over quality. It was what I had to work with. The original is included as basically salvaging the sub to become this and the glove itself I would say is not that powerful. Saber resistant yes but it uses and is able to hold one gem at a time letting it have different properties. Those are approved and get the judge (minus the shield as that is waiting for submission space) It isn't an infinity gauntlet where you get all the shiny stones it is more a staff of one

[member="Matsu Ike"]

OK, here's the issue. Even with your caveats, this is still more comparable to a Master's capstone project than anything normal. You're justifying this level of production with a really minimal thread (average post length, 100 words) under a Padawan account. Under absolutely no circumstances is this the kind of thing a Padawan could make. Frankly, Matsu would have to make each of these personally, or perhaps a few of her higher-ranked staff. Also, no fewer than three of your components are restricted to limited production. I can't stamp the work or logic that went into this level of production.

I'd also strongly encourage you to use best practices in your dev threads. Be more careful about how many times you cite a thread as proof of something. This has come up before. As a result, I have to review your dev threads more closely. I'm not in the habit of refusing to allow a thread, but it's fair to consider how long a thread would actually be if collected into posts of a more reasonable length (such as 200-250 words). What I'm seeing is you shaving down your work into as many tiny posts as possible, and there's a point where that stops being acceptable.

• Lost and Alone (60 posts) - Posts range from 100 words to one-liners. I'm betting this would top out at no more than 25-35 posts if the posts were of reasonable size, plus you say this thread may have been used before.
  • Sunny Side (10 posts) - Posts average 100 words. You mention this thread may have been used before. As above, given the number of Force-related things you sub, I have no doubt this is possible.
  • Padawan Field Trip (32 posts) - 6 posts were by you, 5 of them short, around 100 words.
  • Corridors of the Past (100 posts) - Virtually all posts around 100 words, but this thread is more substantive. You put in quite a bit of work, and the main purpose of the thread seems to be the crystal expedition.
  • Dominion of Korriban (148 posts) - I couldn't read all 148 posts, but around 6 or 7 seem to involve your project. If more, my apologies.
  • Exploring with the Fam (60 posts) - Posts range from 100 words to one-liners. I'm betting this would top out at no more than 25-35 posts if the posts were of reasonable size, plus you say this thread may have been used before.
  • Ain't Afraid of No Ghost (13 posts) - Posts average 100 words. As noted above, I don't consider a very small Padawan thread to be grounds for expanding production so far on something like this.
  • Dominion of Zygerria (110 posts) - Noted that this was accepted as the dev thread for the original semi-unique Tora'Yor.

So. This is a substantial amount of work, but I'm still not comfortable stamping a minor-production multifunction near-invulnerable omni-energy-eating gauntlet based entirely on small or very small posts. I'm going to need you to drop the production to Semi-Unique. This just isn't a thing that can be produced in such large numbers. I also need you to do a thorough second draft of your description. Organize it so people can see what it can and can't do. Since this is a high volume of material, consider color-coding (red for limitations, green for advantages). As written, this artifact could be interpreted in half a dozen different ways by half a dozen different people. More clarity and precision is needed, especially since we've recently seen some of your customers twisting vague conditions in some Sasori submissions in order to justify godmoding.

Sorry for the deep dive, but you've been around the block: you know when it's necessary.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] edited the production, strengths/weaknesses and the description to hopefully be more clear but

Jorus Merrill said:
More clarity and precision is needed, especially since we've recently seen some of your customers twisting vague conditions in some Sasori submissions in order to justify godmoding.
this is disconcerting and I know you wouldn't lie so please send me links and I will start overhauling the descriptions and make it clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom