Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarah Sharpe

tumblr_nlgho89hxt1u4j29lo1_500.jpg

NAME: Sarah Sharpe
FACTION: N/A
RANK: Formerly: Captain Patrolmen Nar-Sec Officer – Badge#: 990013
SPECIES: Formerly: Human – Standard ~ Currently: Cyborg Chassis
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 5'11
WEIGHT: In-Chassis: 210 lbs
EYES: Pallid Blue
HAIR: Black
SKIN: Caucasian
FORCE SENSITIVE: No

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:

Strengths:

• Extracurricular: To supplement her instruction for self-defence in Academy training, Sarah regularly attends a variety of 'homegrown' martial arts classes. She's picked up an amalgamated fusion, picking and choosing various techniques that suit her approach.

• Gunhed: No officer in Nar-Sec, current or former, would ever make the grade without being able to plug a bullseye at one hundred meters with just a pistol and glow-sights. Sarah is a devil with firearms, with a preference stretching between semi-automatic blaster pistols and hard-slug bullpup carbines.

• It's All Procedural: Captain Sharpe put in numerous requests over the years to try for a stint on criminal detection, though was rebuffed to keep her attached to Patrolmen. Regardless, Sharpe spent several years worth studying referral materials on crime forensics, deductive thought and computation, and was further augmented by the advent of powerful cybernetics.
  • Accelerated Placement: With a consciousness that's equal parts wakefulness and augmented reality, Captain Sharpe can resort to flash-training to quickly familiarize with a given subject. Familiarization does not mean perfect ability, however, though with practice, Sarah can fast become anything from a getaway racer to a Mon Calamari ballet. A hard drive memory likewise means Sharpe can fix her mnemonic arsenal with a specific load out of ability-memories.
  • Ex Mechanical: [See Attachment: Chassis Body]

Weaknesses:

• Existential Temporal: Even with the advent of increasingly black-iced anti-viral and counter-hacking measures to software, Sarah is still vulnerable to rogueware. Her memories are tied up between the last remnants of her physical form and her hardware. Interference to one will invariably affect the other.

• Steel Abides: Sarah hasn't yet completed full cyberization. Until then, her OS is constituted of her flesh and blood brain and spinal stem cord, interlocking into the hardware and software processes of her body. Traumatic damage inflicted on these sensitive organs could result in irreparable degradation.
APPEARANCE:
A stocky bodied woman, composed of synth-mesh muscle and plasteen-ceramic skin, giving the appearance of defined musculature. Face both beautiful and slightly androgynous, curtained by black hair, and eyes composed of glass and steel.

BIOGRAPHY:

3rd Month Cycle – 25th – 823 ABY
I have decided. Cursive is the worst to practice. But Momma says if I get another D in Language Arts, my behind is in for a tanning. Plus, no ice cream for a year. Kids say I'm dumb. I say back, that our class is dumb. Our teacher is dumb. Every time I ask 'Why do we have to do this?' it's always 'Because'. I don't like Mr. Stegans. I don't think Momma does either. She complained to Dad one time after Parent-Teacher Conference she 'caught the frigger looking down her blouse five times in the last six minutes'. I want to ask her what 'frigger' means. It might be a swear. I'll add it to the list.
4th Month Cycle – 16th – 823 ABY
There was a big deal on the holonet today. Momma was at work, Dad was home. He had the slate-screen on. There were words flashing back and forth that went too fast for me too read. I saw people talking to other people, but I didn't really get it. They made it sound really bad, so I guess something went wrong somewhere. But the best part? I saw Momma on the screen! And she was in her police uniform, and it was all black with so many pockets and gadgets and she even had a gun. She looked so cool. And she had all this soot on her face and there was a little blood and I think she punched someone out! Then it went back to the talking people. I don't like them. They kept talking about Momma and her police friends but I don't think they really know them. I saw Momma again, and she had all these bad guys in handcuffs around her. Most of them had black eyes. I can't wait to tell all about it at recess tomorrow.

-

Momma just came home. It's like really late. Dad was snoring on the couch. But he saw her and I think he was frightened. But it was icky for a while; Momma and Dad were kissing a lot. Hate it when they kiss like that. It means there's gonna be weird bed sounds and it always keeps me up at night. But Momma was okay. That's important. She was talking like she had been real scared for a while too. I asked her what had happened. I told Momma I saw her on the screen, and that she looked really cool! Momma started crying. She hugged me. I asked if I said something wrong. She told me I did not, but she was just happy to hear my voice. Dad said they were calling Momma a hero. I don't get it yet, but Momma will tell me all about it when she's better.

But I know what I wanna do. We have a class project to write about what we want to be when we grow up. I wanna be like my Momma. I wanna be in the police.

tumblr_nghaq3kjO21u4j29lo2_500.jpg

ABNETT-ZHOYD MEMORIAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
1ST QUARTER REGRESSIVE STUDENT PROFILE REVIEW
Name: Sarah Sharpe
Grade: 8
SS#: 11192019
Review Faculty: Dr. Queidoa Ghanf W/ Supplemental Records

Semester Score: Basic/Language Arts – A
Social Studies – A
Language Immersions – A
Sciences & Chemistry – A
Physical Education – A
Arts Immersion – C+
Computer Technology – A
Writing – B
Mathematics – A
( It's a piss off. This girl can apply herself. But she has no time or patience for the curriculum. Keeps asking things of us we don't know how to answer. We need her parents to settle her. Hate to send her to Juvenile Correctional Classes. )

Class Notes:

Basic/Language Arts: Sarah demonstrates apt capability in learning and applying foreign languages to her human palate. She can't get enough. She's flown through the course materials. Can't tell if its eagerness or just something to prove. That latter worries me. Prove to us, her peers, her family, or herself?

Social Studies: Definite love of history. It's all a story to her. She doesn't let historical facts get in the way of a kind of... fantasy idolization in her head. It keeps her abreast of the course, but I worry she doesn't understand that's not what history is.

Sciences & Chemistry: Believe she had exposure to chemical theory and some processes of scientific deduction from homeschooling. Girl is a phenom. A's all through the course projects. Especially has an interest in the utilization of chemistry, biology, physics for problem solving application. Real forensics scary crap.

Physical Education: Gym time is a noted source of contention. Playing with the boys and all. She keeps pace and goes above and beyond. It's gonna leave her burned out before Grade 9. Running, tumbling, wrestling sports, she has an extra emphasis on physical health. Bolt of lightning. Apparently practices martial arts out of class. Does not surprise me. Strange for her age. Background in varsity sports we don't know about? Maybe due to body type.

Arts Immersion: Fumbling here. Just not an area of application? Her methodology is described as 'sorta melancholic and then draws up weird things that come out of her head.' Maybe sense of artistry conflicting with course requirements. Gonna have to speak around about that, seeing it more and more.

Computer Technology: Asked Sarah once why she felt so determined to get her grades past Fharden's current GPA. She told me, and I quote: “I got a computer at home, one in the car, tons here, and everywhere else. Computers run entire worlds. They run entire lives. I need to know they speak to themselves and each other. That way I run the machines, not the other way.” ...This girl is scaring me. Other day, her teacher caught her re-programming our library search engine so it would pick out who had actually loaned out specific entries. Successfully, I might add.

Writing: A weak point, though it's rendered out as a challenge of the actual written portion to her book essays. She can read perfectly well, I'm informed she's engaged fluently and enviously in class discussions about literary themes. Has a particular love of Chandrillan contemporary novellas.

Mathematics: Early difficulties though has a shine towards geometry and further physics derivatives in the course. Everything for Sarah is about application. Her hands in are scrawled in observations, annotations, and diagram drawings. Now, she's trying to pace Lidm for class grade average. The competition is fierce. I think it means more to Sarah, however.

Teacher Appraisal:

• Asa Jhan / Basic-Language Arts: “She's a damn combatant, Que. Every second class, I'm having my tutelage challenged. I'm not having it. I'm telling you, I'm not having it. No twelve year old, no matter how precocious, is gonna outpace me in my own damn field!”

• Banh Hourstin / Social Studies: “I just think Sarah's looking for connections, honestly. I mean... Do I like that she asks questions? Absolutely. It's different for her. It's not like the material is this foreign matter that doesn't mean anything to her. She's trying to figure out how decisions of state in Valorum's day are impacting her life now. ...She wants control. I think. ...Just wish she'd stop fighting with Braden, Gods, she's going to break his neck!”

• Suilin Sodekere / Sciences & Chemistry: “She's a little argumentative turd, Que. That's what she is. She's a little gods-damned cop brat. I'm not paid to go above and beyond the course. Thanks to her, I'm three weeks behind. I've had six fights in that class. I'm all for giving that slip of a little queen a thrashing in Correctional, so she comes back without a gods-damned attitude.”

• Woaqen Jarvis / Physical Education: “Oh. You know. There's been some problems. It's the boys, a lot of the time. Name calling and insults, that sort of stuff. I asked Sarah about it once, when there was another... another fight. 'What happened?' 'They called me a weak girl, and said I couldn't be as good as them.' 'So what set that off? Being called a girl?' 'No. I'm not weak, Mr. Jarvis. I'm not. I'm gonna be like my Momma, and never give those jerks an inch.' I mean, besides that, she's a devil on the gymnastics runs, sets the lead for all our runs, hand-eye coord is just... I'm mad she's not on any of the varsity teams. Our loss, you know? Plus, between you and me? Throws a mean hook.”

• Dhoald Gillewicz / Arts Immersion: “You have to understand. I grade her on what's wanted by our marking grid. So yes. She's falling behind a little. ...That said, it's mostly arbitrary. ...That also said, she's grand at doodling, but good luck getting her to put down her thoughts in drawing. Perhaps it's privacy.”

• Phifer Xreen / Computer Technology: “It's like tossing droplets into a well. She gobbles it, and then demands more. She's already outreached the course. We've caught a breech into another student base-folders. Can't prove it was her, but in connection with that episode with the attempted outsource through her our network... I'm just saying, better we give her something to keep busy before she gets anymore creative.”

• Jhada Seyne / Writing: “It's a common problem. Expression is reliant on the individual. It's enough that I can get our shorthand exercises out of her. Anything further and... shutout. There's hints of something nascent in her book reports but it gets swallowed up by this focus. I doubt this is healthy for a girl her age.”

• Khuyin Gavidan / Mathematics: “She understand the lessons but she wants actual application! I don't know what to tell a student 'How do I use a physics calculation to stop someone trying to run me down'! It's like Suilin's gone on, bloody cop brat. She sees her mother beat up some malcontent, now she wants to replicate it. I refuse to indulge this, Que, I absolutely refuse. ...Yes, her grades are outstanding, that's not the damned point!”

Prior Misdemeanours:

• Grade 1: 2 Recess Fights, 4 Detentions

• Grade 2: 1 Recess Fight, 3 Classroom Fights, 3 Detentions

• Grade 3: 4 Recess Fights, 2 Classroom Fights, 6 Detentions (How did this child not get sent to Correctional?)

• Grade 4: 3 Recess Fights, 3 Classroom Fights, 5 Detentions, 1st Notice of Reprimand

• Grade 5: 5 Recess Fights, 4 Classrooms Fights, 3 Detentions, 2nd Notice of Reprimand, (Either child is growing incessantly violent, or school tensions have escalated into several rivalries. However, cases are never “instigated.” These are all fights out of defence. What is happening that is getting her so much flack?)

• Grade 6: 2 Recess Fights, 7 Classroom Fights, 7 Detentions.

• Grade 7: (New records made here.) 6 Recess Fights, 8 Classroom Fights (Told one became an out and out brawl, some kind of juvenile gang) 9 Detentions. (Increasing iconoclastic tendencies? Are just refusal to accept judgement she defers as faulty? What's going on with this girl?)

• Grade 8: (Currently?) 4 Recess Fights, 2 Classroom Fights, 3 Detentions

Notes:
(Automatic protocol past those first handful of fights would have been automatic enrolment at Draken Correctional. However, I appreciate Principal Rhadm's difficulties. One more body sent to Correctional, and it's going to be a top-to-bottom audit of the school. That means loss of funding, loss of staff faculty. Jobs are hanging on putting up with this chaos. I can't help but feel Sarah Sharpe's flourishing in this kind of atmosphere. A passive fighter. She just waits for trouble to try and hurt her, then battles against it. She's scary for a twelve year old. Pass this one off. File it. Rhadm's keeping his post. I hate this moon.)

tumblr_nj0505Dn8w1u4j29lo2_500.jpg

DRAKEN POLICE & PATROLMEN ACADEMY
-#Form 0623: Case of Enrolment
Date: 837 ABY 8th Month Cycle
Name: Sarah Sharpe
Sex: Female
Species: Human - Standard
Height: 5'11
Weight: 175 lbs
Physical Characteristics: Black Hair – Blue Eyes – Stocky Build – Muscle Definition
Edu-Comm. Profile #: 75817699875
SSN#: 11192019
Attachments: N/A
Admission Status: ACCEPTED

Primary Testing Results:

• Physical Aptitude: Competent. Placed in forward +95 of class. Demonstrated commendable endurance, speed, and urban manoeuvrability.

• Weapon Handling: Competent. Advanced Basic understanding of blaster technology and slug technology handling. Admitted to process of wanted improvement.

• Close Quarters Combat & Safe Disabling: Competent. Showcases accelerated aptitude for hand-to-hand combat. Demonstrates amalgamation of known Nar-Sec manoeuvres and velocities with various martial arts disciplines. Bottom line: formiddable.

• General Education Aptitude: Competent. Showcased abilities in critical reading, diagnostic language, forensic chemistry, alongside computer aptitude and electronic warfare skills. Promising deductive reasoning. Language skills require refining.

• Ethics & Officer Morals: Competent. Demonstrates thorough understanding of service and public expectations of officer duty and loyalty to the public trust. Unexpectedly melancholic in written answers. Referred to further psychiatric evaluation.

• Procedure & Protocol: Competent. Candidate demonstrates understands grasp on concepts and routine pertaining to the preservation of crime sites. The preservation of civilian peace. The handling of hostile bystanders. And deescalation language and behaviour.

Current Evaluator Notes: The Sharpe girl wants this. Don't how else to put it. Focus is there. The want. Failure or anything else besides gaining graduation to Patrolmen is not a foreseeable option in her mind. Has a perfect understanding of her capabilities. Understands potential. However, problematic. Difficult to gage her understanding of black and white textbook scenarios versus real world grey. Gonna have to trust she doesn't feth up wearing the badge.

tumblr_nk6v7hGqRM1u4j29lo7_500.jpg

Nar-Sec 101 Precinct – Patrolmen Division
Review & Citation Form: #᠅4487

Name(s) & Attached Rank: Cpt. Sarah Sharpe / Cpt. Bardoc Kilney / Ofc. Wandan Pastersen
Badge Profile(s): Cpt. Bardoc Kilney: 3657841 / Cpt. Sarah Sharpe: 1012090 / Ofc. Wandan Pastersen: 5586334 – Note: See attached re-psyhc evaluations.

Nature of Incident: Hazardous Driving Stop – Escalation - “Gun Battle”
Time/Location: Cho-Man Heights – Residential Block for Sufferers of Local Diaspora – 77 One-Thousandth Street – 00:29 AM 15th / 12th Month Cycle 844 ABY

Incident Transcript/Timeline:

24:12 PM: Initial communication of Traffic Disturbance to Branch Dispatch 033. [See: Audio Logged XC:98*12]

24:14 PM: Cpt. Bardoc Kilney and Officer Wandan Pastersen dispatched to Route 638 to respond.

24:22 PM: Cpt. Kilney and Officer Pastersen identify hazardously controlled air-speeder. Plate idents scanned, refer to previously filed Stolen Air-Car profile filed earlier in the evening. Officers call for the speeder and drivers to pull over. Suspects still unidentified. Speeder obliges and pulls off to road-side.

24:25 PM: Cpt. Kilney disembarks patrol speeder and approaches vehicle. Officer Pastersen remains seated. [See: Pict Capture Cam 12: - 45:50 – 45:53 for time frame reference.] Cpt. Kilney reaches driver's side entry hatch. Driver and passenger obscured. Infrared scans reveal additional heat shapes in stowage compartments aft. Officer Pastersen notes suspicions to Incident Log.

24:27 PM: Cpt. Kilney in conversation with driver. Audio is distorted. Mic feeds thwarted by illegal surveillance jammer mod to suspect vehicle. [See Attached: Mechanic Comprehensive File 39C] Driver and passenger still unidentified.

24:28:31 – 24:33:58 PM: Cpt. Kilney showcases abrupt alarm to posture. Hands draw to firearm. Driver fires upon Cpt. Kilney from within control cabin. Cpt. Kilney is show struck by blaster fire to clavicle, breast plate, and upper abdominal quadrants. Officer goes down. Officer Pastersen exits patrol vehicle and returns fire on speeder. Hits are marked across aft sectioning. Speed motivator and yoke stabilizer panels are struck. Speeder and suspects manage to make air-lift, limp away. Officer Pastersen establishes contact to Dispatch Centre 101 and radios a Code 6-12. Pertinent information regarding suspects is relayed. Cpt. Sharpe responds with her close proximity, calls for back up en-route, and begins pursuit.

24:59 PM: Cpt. Sharpe radios Dispatch with sighting of wanted vehicle in question. Informs intent to initiate aggressive pursuit. Cpt. Sharpe is informed of coming back up.

00:01 – 00:28 AM: Patrol Cruiser 42 engages suspect vehicle in an extended, twenty seven minute chase. Suspect vehicle eludes attempts to disable.

00:29 AM: Suspect vehicle makes emergency landing on sidewalk on One-Thousandth Street. Patrol Cruiser 42 pict capture evinces two figures exit suspect vehicle and retreat into interior of Cho-Man Heights hab-block apartments. Patrol Cruiser 42 lands. Cpt. Sharpe radios intent to pursue on foot. Dispatch replies with negative and requests standby until further back up. Back up ETA as twenty minutes. Cpt. Sharpe replies her acknowledge. Decides to pursue in breech of protocol. [Note: Possible Discipline for Protocol Disobedience]

00:30 AM: Cpt. Sharpe enters Cho-Man heights with side-arm drawn. [See: On-Body Micro-Cam Capture] Is met with first resistance to her intrusion. Five “gangers”, lacking idents. Cam ID points to possible 500th Avenue Adamite Rippers. Cpt. Sharpe warns to freeze movement. Subjects ignore heed and attack. 00:30 – 00:32 Partial shootout and close quarters grapple. Two subjects are shot-to-wound. Further three are disabled in hand to hand. Cpt. Sharpe continues.

00:33 AM: Captain is noted as entering foyer extension of hab-apartment complex. Previous violence has attracted further “gangers”. Cpt. Sharpe is met by ten body force of Adamite Rippers 'soldiers'. Captain reengages in protracted firefight. 00:33-00:38 seven of the soldiers are wounded or KIA. Three are disarmed in close-combat. Cpt. Sharpe is noted receiving bolt damages to ablative vesting.

00:40 AM: Dispatch is notified by Cpt. Sharpe of her current progress. Back up is warned of possible further suspects, and are described as armed and dangerous. Cpt. Sharpe continues on-foot pursuit of Cpt. Kilney's attackers.

00:44 AM: Cpt. Sharpe is ambushed upon entering 6th floor. Noted as being disarmed of pistol and forced to resort of close-encounter techniques. Seven further suspects are identified by mounted pict-cam, including identified suspects: Karlen Braden [See: Attached Dossier] and Maco Tanniv [See: Attached Dossier]. Ripper Soldiers are observed as competent street fighters.

00:44 – 00:51 AM: Cpt. Sarah Sharpe engages in physical brutal close combat with seven simultaneous opponents. Suspects are observed wielding make-shift melee weaponry. Cpt. Sharpe suffers several blows and lacerations. Two subjects are killed by severe concussive trauma to rib cage and throat respectively. Three are disabled by knock-out, fore arm and femur breakage, and vertebrae trauma respectively. Suspect Maco Tanniv receives lacerate damage to several distal appendages and carotid slash. Karlen Braden is subject to prolonged, physical combat, before succumbing to blunt injury and losing consciousness. Tanniv is treated for carotid bleed.

00:57 AM: Reinforcements of three patrol squads arrive. Cpt. Sharpe is relieved by Cpt. Major Honda Shae. Suspects are either apprehended or routed for hospital care. Cpt. Sharpe is informed of her insubordinate behavior but commended for her abilities in subduing 19 attackers on foot. Incident is noted as ended.

Resolution of Incident:
Nineteen individual assaulters are recorded as receiving due rights read upon arrest. Karlen Braden and Maco Tanniv are singled out for 1st Degree Attempted Murder of Cpt. Bardoc Kilney. Cpt. Kilney is referred to Cardenburrough General Hospital for treatment, and is kept accompaniment by Officer Pastersen. Cpt. Sharpe is relieved of current rotational patrol. No civilian altercations or collateral damage of a significant or costly nature is reported.

Recommended Department Course:
Cpt. Sharpe is recommended to receive an Action Review by both Board and Peers. However, in light of her phenomenal performance in the face of extremis, we hereby lay out a recommendation for the awarding of the Straight Silver Medal for Bravery Above and Beyond the Badge.

tumblr_niuo7sGgjK1u4j29lo7_500.jpg

Nar Shaddaa Planetary Police Security Departments
From the Desk of Chief Marshall Gregor Dyre
For the Commendation of the Straight Silver Medal
Of Brave Actions Above & Beyond Expectation
To Captain Patrolmen Sarah Sharpe

“In my experience, the expectations of wearing the uniform and badge of Nar Shaddaa's police security come with fear. A great deal of terror. A fear of being caught in a situation that you are simply not ready for. A fear of being found wanting when the shid hits the recirculator. It is the only natural emotion that I know binds our great departments together. Because all fear the exact same things. Will we meet the expectations of our badges? Of our oaths? Will we meet what the public trust requires? Will we do right, when the moment arrives and our decision counts? There is nothing so unnerving as having life and limb dependent on our judgement. We're often asked 'Are you qualified to protect me?'

“The Straight Silver was invented some three thousand years ago. Back then, our departments were just nascent. The struggles faced developing and implementing law and law enforcement on Nar Shaddaa were astronomical. Oft times, the officers that sacrificed so much and showcased the greatest sort of personal courage... never lived to see their actions recognized. This medal was made for the dead. A posthumous acknowledgement of the efforts of our greatest justicars. In the history of Nar-Sec, we count only two instances of luck prevailing on the side of a worthy officer. Today... We induct Captain Sarah Sean Sharpe into that worthy company.

“On the 15th of the 12th Cycle Month, at 24:28 hours, Captain Bardoc Kilney was fired upon while attending a routine traffic stop. A Code 6-12. His partner, Officer Wandan Pastersen, bore witness to this attack and returned with fire of her own. Unable to give chase while these suspects attempted to make good on their escape, she radioed for aid in apprehension. Captain Sharpe responded. What followed was an hour's worth of high speed aggressive pursuit followed by a confrontation on foot. Without the aid of back up, Captain Sharpe followed her query into a hostile gang territory. Inside Cho-Man Heights, she was set against a cadre of the some of the city's most vicious ganger fighters. In the next half hour, she disabled nineteen individual opponents, including both fleeing suspects responsible for Captain Kilney's grievous injury.

“...I have been privy to incident reports detailing similar odds. Very often, no officer comes out of such straights alive. Reality does not condone heroism. ...But I find that every once in a while, it condones conditions that set an exception to disprove that rule. Captain Sharpe has been with the 101 Precinct of Nar-Sec for over seven years. In that time, she has garnered a sterling record of professional conduct, and commendations for bravery in further incidents, that we shall not labour over. Her work is an exemplary indicator for all of us. I can say with no small degree of pride, that I'm thankful for Captain Sharpe helping to make me look good too.

(Cue Laughter)

“Captain Sarah Sharpe: approach the podium.

“For your courage and skill, in the face of deadly odds. For the apprehension of suspects without the loss of life. The Nar Shaddaa Planetary Police Security awards you the Straight Silver medal. Wear it with honor. And remember these moments. They don't often come.

“Thank you.”

(Cue Applause) (Cut to Captain's Follow Up)

NC-902 Channel 787 News Outlet
[Program “Incoming Highlight” / 13/01/844 ABY]

[Recovered from Broadcast Rec.]

[Transcribed by Police Archivist Savant Dr. Rostanner, ESK – Central Processing Dept. Precinct 001 – Archival Evidence Locker Prime-3-JAN.///11247]

[Image corrosion. Static blanket, sharp white noise. Image cleans, coalesces. Close Up on: SUB (I) Rodian-Male. Positive ID: Jaado Avax – 17 year broadcast veteran, winner of three Hulitzer Prizes in Outstanding Journalism.]

[Jaado Avax]: Thank you, Heverline. We're turning now to the Gurdosa Pavilion, to follow along with the Awarding of Police Captain Sarah Sharpe. Our Senior Police Corespondent, Yandha Utturil, has the details.

[Broadcast fidelity briefly falters; pixel-ghosts and audio pops distort the feed. Effect is brief, secondary. In 01 seconds, attunement refines broadcast feed. We see: a woman, Zabrak. Discrete augments ensure her youth despite middle age. Skull-horns are capped in decorative zinc. Her tattoos show well on camera, and her expression indicates knowledge of this observation.]

[Behind: a uniformed crowd. Bodies in suited blue and billed caps. Officers stand at even spaces, rowed into broad legions. All are wearing individual award medals. All are armed with the made-famous PeaceDealer HK-X side-arm. Backs are rigid. There are officers of seemingly every race. Sound is a background of metropolis hum. Overhead, routine fleets of re-routed hover traffic. Skies are bright, cloudy. Neon holo-signs lend strange illumination over the scene.]

[Yhandha Utturil]: Thank you, Jaado. Female officers in Nar-Sec are nothing new in this day and age, but Captain Sarah Sharpe is being commended now publicly for her actions over a month ago. On a routine traffic stop, an officer was shot and wounded by the driver. Captain Sharpe, responding to radioed help, took up pursuit. Eventually, she apprehended both driver and accomplice, but not before disabling another seventeen of their gang.

[Screen gently jars. A pop-up talking head occupies the screen lower left. Behind Yhanda Utturil's shoulder is Captain Sharpe at the podium, speaking to the crowd.]

[Jaado Avax]: And word is, Yhandha, that Officer Sharpe did this virtually unarmed.

[Yhandha Utturil]: That's right, Jaado. According to released excerpts of Officer Sharpe's onbody camera's, she had to disarm or otherwise fight hand to hand with a number of accomplices in a gruelling half hour running pursuit. The details of which have been uploaded to the extranet in spite of an embargo on the footage. Hits are racking up for who folks are calling 'Sharpehand'.

[Jaado Avax]: Simply remarkable, Yhandha, and she did this with just police training?

[Yhandha Utturil]: And additional extra-shift classes in a martial arts program, Jaado. Her work in this extraordinary episode has been called an exemplary product of police determination and personal -

[Image goes briefly opaque by lens flare strobe. An object out of an air-traffic circuit goes up in light and electric arcs. Jolts shudder down the aisles of standing officers.

[Jaado Avax]: Yhandha, I'm going to have to interrupt you. What is that?

[Yhandha Utturil]: What is what, Jaado? ...Oh. Ohhh, it appears some sort of... mid-air collision accident with a pair of spe – Oh no. Oh no!

[Camera is fixated. Audio is a scream of air and sudden wind pressure. The feed jolts, shakes. Frame boxes around Cpt. Sharpe at the podium. She's turning at the sound. Too late. Wreckage is barrelling down. It's a nightmare. Vid feed catches the speeder bite its scored nose into flagstones six meters behind. It augurs and rolls. Personnel lining in on the pavilion disintegrate as the flame-wrapped cabin and engine carriage fall across them. Cpt. Sharpe is seen vaulting her podium. A sympathetic explosion tears out of the fallen air car. Wall of pressure and heat catch Cpt. Sharpe still in mid-air. She becomes a shadow against the fireball. Then it devours her too.]

[Jaado Avax]: Yhandha! Yhandha, are you with us?? What just happened?? Ms. Utturil! ...Cut the link. Get Yhandha on the phone. ...Yes, I said cut!

[End Broadcast.]

[Unaltered From Source]
[Pict-Feed 012//85B – Lines 12-18]

[Local @: MCR Trauma Center – 874 3rd Avenue SSD/B4]
[Flr. 9 – Hall B – Patient Stabilization Chamber D1]

[A room: narrow in dimension, packed with feed tubing extending from clamped rails protruding from panel opening from wall tiles. Color is bleached, anti-septic. Tubing attaches to a trolley bed, through a plastic curtain. Monitoring consoles line up the walls. There's sheathed cabling running under the curtain, and onto a malformed husk of barely recognizable meat. A hint of skeletal face, skull, torso, limbless. Liquid is sucked from the mouth out through a hose into a row of phlegm-canisters. The mouth is a slashed opening of raw muscle. Further tubing is tucked past the blistered gums, over blackened molars, and taped into place. The room is almost soundless, airless, save for haggard breathing as auto-lungs ventilate the scarred torso trunk.]

[Camera2Camera Pan-Switch: Opposing View. A singular woman, standing before the trauma cot. Middle aged. Strong face. Bright, troubled eyes. Expression taxed into taut neutrality. Facial pattern is digitally super-imposed with on-file profile pict-capture. 85% match. Subject: familial. Avi Sharpe. Former Police Major. Mother to traumatic patient: Police Captain Sarah Sharpe.]

[Behind: Shadow detaches from wall. Facial pattern unrecognizable. Humming mass of pixelation. Local cam feeds hacked. Vocals likewise distorted. Treated as male, human-standard, possible cyborg. Shadowman approaches Avi Sharpe. Stops. Stands parallel. Both stare at living remains of Sarah Sharpe.]

Shadowman: Mrs. Sharpe?

Avi Sharpe: Get out. I've answered over seven hundred questions in the last five days. Internal Reviews and Homicide have all that I can give. Leave me alone with my daughter.

Shadowman: Mrs. Sharpe, your daughter is whom I've come to discuss.

Avi Sharpe: Hospital administration?

Shadowman: No.

Avi Sharpe: Good. They came by, wanting to discuss financing. Life support like this is expensive. My daughter is hanging on by a thread.

Shadowman: Even if she stabilizes enough to make a recovery out of critical support, she won't have any kind of life.

Avi Sharpe: No. Obviously. ...What I'm left with is so ugly.

Shadowman: Your daughter?

Avi Sharpe: My options. And if you call my baby girl ugly, I will crush your trachea, understand?

Shadowman: Yes, ma'am. I understand your difficulties.

Avi Sharpe: No, you don't.

Shadowman: ...She is talented.

Avi Sharpe: And here I thought all those schoolyard fights wouldn't go anywhere. Yeah. She was something. ...Is there something you want from my daughter, Mister...?

Shadowman (Green): Mister Green, ma'am. And yes.

Avi Sharpe: I'm afraid she can't give you anything now, Mr. Green.

Mr. Green: Evidently. But this doesn't have to be Sarah Sharpe in totality.

Avi Sharpe: It is, unless you're offering a medical breakthrough that will give my child back her physical autonomy, not to mention peace of mind.

Mr. Green: Yes and no.

Avi Sharpe: ...

Mr. Green: Mrs. Sharpe, I represent a military interest attached to a government remnant. We operate beyond remit of any Raven authority. We have had our eye on your daughter for a very long time, Mrs. Sharpe. We were prepared to invest in her further development.

Avi Sharpe: Make my Sarah into a soldier, would you?

Mr. Green: With all due respect to the Nar-Sec departments, her career would have been stymied by internecine conflicts and an inability to act accordingly due to lawful restrictions. Captain Sharpe had a very committed idealism towards serving the public trust. Our invitation would have given her the greatest autonomy and freedoms to act in that interest against parties looking to profit in the chaos of our current administration.

Avi Sharpe: Indeed. But my daughter is dying. And if she survives, she will be an irreparable cripple.

Mr. Green: Not necessarily. Her brain and spinal cord are intact.

Avi Sharpe: What are you suggesting, Mr. Green?

Mr. Green: I am suggesting we replace what remains of your daughter's husk with a new body. A physical chassis.

Avi Sharpe: Cyberize her... Turn her into a cyborg...

Mr. Green: Yes.

Avi Sharpe: And rob her of simulacra? She'd go mad.

Mr. Green: Mrs. Sharpe, the mind accepts what it is told. And cyberization techniques have fast evolved in the last sixty years. We would not leave Captain Sharpe locked in a second prison. She would feel and live almost no different, save for changes in self-sustenance. A better, stronger, faster, more powerful body, to replace what she lost. It's a give and gain. And we can utilize her skills in return.

Avi Sharpe: So you have your soldier.

Avi Sharpe: If my daughter didn't possess skills you find desirable to recruit, and she were just an unfortunate bystander, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Mr. Green: No.

Avi Sharpe: I know what you are, Mr. Green. ...You know I act as my daughter's secondary legal representative.

Mr. Green: Yes. Which is why we need your agreement. You stand in for Captain Sharpe's judgement when she can't render it herself.

Avi Sharpe: . . .

Mr. Green: ...She will either live or die by your word, Mrs. Sharpe. This isn't perfect. This is perfectly self-serving. There will be costs to be paid later. But this is the best damn offer you're going to get.

Avi Sharpe: ...I'll give you my answer in seventy two hours. You'll know where.

[Mr. Green retreats back into a recess by the doorway. Figure outline shimmers. Possible latent cloaking device? Disappears from feed few. Door opens, closes. Locks. Avi Sharpe is left alone. Continues to stare at remains of Captain Sarah Sharpe in the anti-septic shadows. End Transcript.]

tumblr_nh5oj3SOoA1u4j29lo1_500.jpg
SHIP:
N/A

KILLS:
N/A

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
N/A

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom