Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Saotome Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a deployable cannon able to be used by Sasori
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: My Subs
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Advanced Ion Battery: Advanced model battery that can be deployed in space and serve to house several cannons.
  • Droid Brain: Linked to Saotome and Sasori vessels that deply them and using friend/foe identification trackers to provide additional firepower.
  • Compacted: THe work with molecular disruption has allowed for making them smaller and easier to deploy from vessels.
STRENGTHS
WEAKNESSES
  • Sleg: A powerful energy enhancer, the sleg absorbs and channels the excessive heat generated by the weapons to cool and power the shots. Making them maintain a stronger level of power but also increases the chances that they could explode exponentially turning each suit into a warhead.
  • Self Repairing: Built to repair itself easily but that repair can take hours to days to years depending on the level of damage.
DESCRIPTION
Designed based off of the simplistic ion battery design. Just altered to come in two versions that are able to work and be deployed from starships like probes. THe flower battery opens to like a flower presenting twelve mirrors with twelve cannons crewed by several of the saotome biot droids that are working with droid brains to coordinate it and use the sensors to target enemy ships. When it is finished it can be left there with the droid brains able to keep the flowers running as a defensive measure or it can be brought back in to be moved around and used again after repairs. The hull of the flowers has been made from a super lightweight desh-terethium to alloy the flowers to save weight and space on a ship. When deployed by a defensive fleet it can increase the number of weapons or be set up to create cross fire locations for boxing targets in with less forces. As long as the mirrors are in sunlight and able to collect solar energy they can function to use it as either energy or as ion fire.

Over the years since its inception the flowers have been deployed and used to fortify areas and add extra attack strength to smaller fleets. Improvements to turbolaser technologies as well as point defense weapons have built up and refitting the flowers with new systems to better regulate the power is important. After nearly a decade of use the flowers themselves are largely different with the turbolasers replaced with Jihoon class and backed up by closer range somin class 2 that allow them to change modes between ion and laser instead of needing different types of cannons and flowers. Now each one is consolidated into a multipurpose platform that deploys with the cannons from ships and will be able to draw power from the sun or its own internal batteries that can be charged.

Last edited:
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Deployables fall under a gray area between Tech and Starships; I've seen (and subbed) deployables in both categories. I'm especially iffy since this one is so directly and independently combat-relevant, has its own gun turrets, etc., but that ambiguity is at our end, so whatever. Let's talk turkey.

12 full-strength cannons for a 12-metre solar-powered platform will never fly. Your precedent has 2. Split that into light cannons and you could have as many as 4. Give me another serious weakness and you can have 3 standard cannons or 6 light cannons.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Jorus Merrill"] it has two cannons with two mirrors. THe ion battery is a very simple design like that and why I just put six together in a ring. (which would double the 6 meters to 12-13 meter) but the cannons would stay in line easily enough. Each mirror would power a cannon and no shielding which is standard on the original, arguably thinner and weaker armor. I have no problem reducing its gun count but it isn't a number I just pulled out of no where. Did add the lack of a shield though as another weakness

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Incineration Unit
Link to Submission: Incineration Unit
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Temple Cloak
Link to Submission: Temple Cloak

Submission Name: Chai La Jackel Handguns
Link to Submission: Chai La Jackel Handguns