Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Saan Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
tumblr_lrzskmabIJ1qh7i6so1_500.jpg

Source: Tumblr: https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrzskmabIJ1qh7i6so1_500.jpg

Name: Saan tree and fruit. Though called a ‘Saanberry’ the fruit isn’t technically a berry.
Designation: Non sentient.
Homeworld: Kaeshana
Language: N/A
Average height of adults: Trees can grow up to 5 metres tall. Fruit is usually about 5-7cm long when ripe.
Skin color: Purple, ranging from reddish when unripe to violet when ripe.
Hair color: N/A
Breathes: Requires Type I
Strengths:
  • Tasty: The Saanberry is sweet and juicy when ripe. Since it’s different enough from most other variants it has started to be exported off-world.
  • Easy to grow: The Saan tree is easy to grow, especially in upland areas as it likes the cool and even frost. The plant is resistant to cold, but wilts in hotter climates.
  • Resists Jesters: Jesters don’t like Saan trees or their fruit for unknown reasons. Thus, they tend to leave them alone.
Weaknesses:
  • Is a tree: It’s a tree, with all the problems for galactic conquest that entails.
  • Long term: The tree takes at least five years to grow before it will produce edible fruit.
  • Misidentification: The tree looks like another Kaeshana plant, the poisonous Aesh bark which has similar looking fruit. Wild Saan fruit are not to be eaten unless one knows they’ve got the right one!
Distinctions: Saan trees are natives of Kaeshana and grow to be between 3-5 metres tall. They have slender, beige trunks and small flaky bark. The leaves are narrow and do not die off in winter. The plant flowers in spring and the fruits ripen into the summer.
The fruit themselves have a husk around them not unlike a passionfruit on Earth. Once inside, the sweet flesh and seeds can be eaten. The husk is not hard to remove and are quite thin, so birds and animals can eat them, and a person can bite through the husk to get at the insides.
Average Lifespan: About 100 years, though reports of longer living ones exist in isolated or well cared for areas. They can be productive for about 80-90 years.
Races: Cultivation has increased the fruit size and number.
Estimated Population: Unknown, but millions of trees in orchids suggests it is not threatened.
Diet: Sunlight for photosynthesis, soil and water for growth.
Communication: N/A
Culture: N/A
Technology level: N/A
General behavior: Saan trees tend to grow best when spaced a bit apart from others.
History: All indications are that the Saan tree is native to Kaeshana, and was first cultivated thousands of years ago after the War in Heaven. Since then it has become one of the primary fruits of the Eldorai. Now with outsiders coming to Kaeshana this is a valuable export to help reverse the trade deficit of the planet.
Notable Player-Characters: None…that I know of. Anyone wanting to play a tree is welcome to.
Intent: To create a purple fruit, since they don’t really exist on Earth, and Kaeshana needs some native plants. Otherwise this is just a tree.

Anya Venari said:
Notable Player-Characters: None…that I know of. Anyone wanting to play a tree is welcome to.
would-you-like-a-baby-groot-of-your-own.jpeg

This is my new character. He is a Saan Tree.

Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Anya Venari"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom