Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Rush-class Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
dylan_cole_ships_01.jpg

Image Credit: http://www.dylancolestudio.com
Intent: To develop a top line interceptor for Silk Holdings.
Development Thread: None unless requested.
Manufacturer: Silk Holdings

Designer: EchaniTech
Model: Rush-class Interceptor
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Warhead Launcher/Lasers package and Advanced Non-Combat package. See below.
Production: Minor
Material: Glasteel viewports. Most hull and other parts cast or tooled from titanium or desh-terenthium.
Description:

While the Rassilon provides a clear space superiority fighter role, it may or may not be out of the price range of potential customers. In addition, the need for something with extreme maneuverability in both space and air has led EchaniTech to once again bridge the gap between their typical expertise and that of the Eshan Drive Yards. Modeled after the ancient X-wing and various Adumari designs, the Rush was designed to provide an interceptor vessel capable of working in conjunction with both picket ships and for hit and run missions with other fighter craft. This ship is not a vessel that will be seen in mass, but is ideal for those with a desire for speed, maneuverability and finicky handling.

This ship is designed with a four prong control system. Maneuvering is done with four limbs (though it can be modified to fit the needs of species without four appendages) through the use of the four maneuvering fins attached to the craft. Foot pads and dual hand joists allow this ship to, with proper speed control, have a near zero turn radius, allowing the vessel to flip on following craft and catch them off guard, a sufficient tactic as seen through the eyes of the ships Echani designer.

The long, tapered front of the fighter leans towards the inclusion of a single warhead tube with a long rack rather than two launchers. This module can be replaced for other means and methods depending on the type of interceptor role the buyer desires (see below).

In keeping with the traditions of quality, the design was crafted with the intentions of having high-grade materials combined in lightweight composites and polymers in order to give the ship its speed and maneuvering capabilities. Extensive testing was conducted in conjunction with Silk Holdings, EchaniTech's owner. Test results were optimal on the craft and the greenlight was given for test production runs and sales to exclusive clientel. Feedback was positive and the go ahead for public sales was awarded.

This ship comes standard in white, but is available in various color packages (or as requested by the buyer), as well as equipment packages (see below).
Classification: Starfighter
Role: Interceptor
Height: 2.6 meters
Width: Fuselage is 3.8 meters at its widest, 4.5 meters with maneuvering wings included.
Length: 10.2 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 0.9
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Armaments:

• 2 Standard Laser Cannons*
  • 1 Warhead Launcher (8 warhead rack)*
*This configuration can be altered depending on the desires of the purchaser. With a smaller warhead launcher rack (4 instead of 8), it would be possible to have a second advanced non-combative attachment. Without the Warhead launcher, it would be possible to upgrade the standard laser cannons to 2 heavy laser cannons.

Hangar:
  • N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array*
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator*
  • Standard Life Support
  • Standard Navigational Computer
  • Standard Sensors Array*
  • Standard Targeting Systems*
*At the expense of one of these systems, one of them can be upgraded to advanced. For example, with the removal of a sensors array, the deflector shields can be upgraded to advanced, or vice versa. There are four systems where this is possible so it is possible to upgrade two systems to advanced rather than one, though there is substantial cost in doing so and having two advanced Non-Combat attachments makes it impossible to do the upgrade to Heavy Laser Cannons listed above.

Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: .5 cubic meters
Consumables: 4 days
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability:

So, I think my final ruling on this is going to be that for a hyperdrive rating of 0.5 on an interceptor, I'm going to need a solid 15 post dev thread please. [member="Niamh Raste"]

Whats the best it can be without a dev thread? I've got too many of them going right now and would rather avoid another. I am willing to sacrifice some in this area as the other features are more important in my opinion anyway. Throw a number at me.
[member="Raziel"]

[member="Niamh Raste"] with minor production and no trade-offs, I'd say 0.9. It'll basically be marginally faster than than 1 and will come out on top in a straight race down the same route, but not a substantial difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom