Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running on the Moon

Jed Moonrunner was large and round but built, and he had a head full of grey hair that stopped at his shoulders. He looked experienced in life...his mustache gripped his face and matched his hair in color. Most people would characterized him by his brusque manner, stern demeanor, cautious disposition, and suspicious nature. But his care for others would manifest at times...perhaps he was overly critical but he always understood what was at stake.

And to that end, Rebel still had yet to fully know who his Master was...He knew he was a Jedi but Jed held so much experience that if his apprentice wanted to know, he'd likely not even know where to begin with the questions. Being on Nar Shaddaa alone allowed him to make so many connections but his life was more simple now.

They both stood in the center of the shop, Jed was leaning over a workbench seemingly building something. Rebel stood just off to his side, slightly battered and bruised. His lip was busted and his face black and purple in some areas. Well...recently he'd just survived an encounter with a Sith. Not a small feat given Rebel's lack of experience with such matters prior. Jed had always told the boy he had potential.

"I hadn't told you before...but I'm proud of you son. You did well..." His raspy voice cut through the vents filtering in cool air. "Yeah? well...I put the entire Academy here at risk...just by being stupid." Rebel looked away, his voice was stiff right along with his face. He usually had a "I don't care" air about him but...this was really getting to him. "You did...but you learned from that experience...and you fought off a Sith! That's not something most people live to tell. At least you haven't completely forsaken your training..."

"No...I delayed the inevitable until YOU came and fought of the Sith." He said clearing his throat.

"Rebel...that chip was fake. I was testing you to see how you would handle having such a responsibility thrown upon you...You failed initially of course, but your encounter was not something I set up." He said ending his tinkering and looking up at the boy as the light over the bench displayed the features in his face. "You laid down your life to protect others...that was very noble of you. So much so I reconsidered failing you...I tell you over and over again boy, you have potential, don't waste it." He said nodding his head.

Rebel took a deep breath before releasing it. He made his way over to a chair and kicked back into it. "Yeah...whatever old man." His feet was up off to the side, and his arms flew up bending at the elbow as his hands gripped the back of his head.

[member="Kat Rivers"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A moment past before the shop's door opened. In walked a brown haired human woman. A Jedi by the sense of her. Not just her poise and curious eyes but the tingling sensation of the Force as well. She let the door close behind her and stood there in the archway for just a moment. Taking in the full view of the shop and it's occupants. Sensing out the place. And not just with her eyes either.

Then she walked to the center of the shop and gave a nod to Jed,

"Hello there. I am Doctor Rivers. Of the Order of the Sacred Lotus. Perhaps I have found what I seek? Are you Jedi Knight Moonrunner perhaps?"

Indeed. It seemed she had the found place.

[member="Rebel Sunka"]

Both men perked up when they saw a brown haired woman enter the room. Jed peered upon her, as a pretty woman entering the store was usually an omen of some kind, they weren't uncommon but hell they always brought trouble. He stood up from his seat while sighing, "Oh hell..."

Taking a deep breath, he stood upright and quirked his eyebrow "Depends on who's asking...I may know a guy" he said looking her over. She seemed Jedi...but hell who didn't nowadays. She even had a familiar air about it, but he couldn't think of a doctor Rivers who had brown hair at the moment.

Rebel stood up, and perched himself against the far wall with his arms folded and foot on the wall behind him. Jed knew a lot of people...and among the few he knew the old guy kept in touch with? She wasn't one, but she was sure the prettiest of em...Rebel called out, "Jed..."

The older man rose his hand, and then shook his head in response to the boy. "What are you looking for?"

[member="Kat Rivers"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kat smiled and tried to suppress a laugh.

See. Jed might have been thinking he was being smooth by attempting an evasion. Alas, anybody on this moon who hears the words "Jedi" and "Knight" in the same sentence either answers, "What?" or "Are you daft girl?" Because. That's just how it was. Erm. ...Well? At least, half of the people Kat had talked to at the space port had spoken that. But really. What's hard statistics anyway. So, either Jed was trying to get some money out of her? Or. He absolutely knew where Moonrunner was.

Also. Space magic.

Jedi could sense evasions.

In the meantime, Kat folded her arms over her chest and smiled.

"I'm recruiting."

Almost as if that was all that needed to be said.

[member="Rebel Sunka"]

"Hmmmm...." his raspy voice rattled while he looked upon the woman smiling just in front of him. His laugh started deep and worked its way up and he nodded his head, "Recruiting eh? lets hear the pitch...Kat." he said motioning for her to take a seat, the whole time he'd been trying to figure out where he knew her from...back in those New Jedi Order days. He was still very much apart but just not on the front lines like in his youth.

"Hey, we're all good son go grab us some drinks." he said motioning to Rebel before turning to Kat, "Ya thirsty?"

He sat down, as a slight grunt came while he cleared his throat. He was slightly hunched over, his left hand perched on his knee cap, while his right caressed his beard. "For a moment there, I almost didn't recognize you. It's been too long. Though whenever we get attractive young women in this shop it always means some chit is about to go down." He said laughing to himself.

"So your recruiting for what exactly?" he said taking a deep breath and releasing it as he settled into his seat.

[member="Kat Rivers"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kat beamed when Jed's attitude finally seemed to warm up to her. She wasn't quite sure if his laugh was a surrender of his identity yet or that perhaps he was now simply in the mood to entertain visitors. Either way. She was all to glad to accept a seat and a suggestion.

"Coffee please. And yes. I suppose I'm recruiting for the Order of the Sacred Lotus. A traditionally hospitable group that headquarters itself out near Druckenwall. We specialize in healing applications of the Force and are currently recruiting out from the ranks of the New Jedi Order. Naturally. For mutual members and mutual benefit, of course. The OSL, fancies itself a non-combat organization. Rather, we tend to the wounded and the displaced as a neutral party during times and locations of conflict. Mobile hospitals, if you will."

She paused to touch her chin,

"Anyway and as such. You wouldn't happen to know any Jedi Knights lingering around Nar Shaddaa who might be willing to rededicate their lives to the healer's ambition, would you?"

That was the sales pitch anyway.

[member="Rebel Sunka"]

Jed took a breath while leaning back into his seat, and just before he was about to answer his attention was averted when Rebel entered the room with a two cups. He handed Jed his mug, and gave the other with coffee to the lady. Jed nodded and proceeded with taking a sip of his tea, yes tea. Sitting it down on the table beside him, "Pepper tea, very stimulating...I try to have a cup every day. but anyway..." he said folding his arms.

"Order of the Sacred Lotus?" He caressed his beard, his eye wandered as he thought for a sec. "I can't say I'm completely familiar...and usually I know my stuff. At least I did before I became all grey..." he said patting his beard.

He sighed, "I can't say I've ever been much of a healer...knowing concepts is different from being able to apply them." his raspy voice started.

Rebel, who happened to be sitting just a few feet away behind the counter, cut in "Jed a healer? Yeah that's laughable..."

His voice hummed in a sort of growl as the older mans gaze turned to the boy, "Hush it boy..." he turned back to Kat "I'm not sure I can be of any service...I'm old anyway." He was in his early 50s, most times he was overdramatic about his age.

On top of that, he hadn't known any competent healers here on Nar Shaddaa.

[member="Kat Rivers"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kat nodded and placed her cup aside. Then rose with a nod,

"Well. Then thank you for the coffee. And do please note that it is an open invitation. You two would be welcome on Monastery at any time."

She moved her seat aside and prepared to take her leave.

"If there's nothing else?"

Then she would bid them adieu.

[member="Rebel Sunka"]

Jed had been thinking, he did say he only knew the concepts...and healing was always useful. He looked off at the boy, he was prepping him to be a Jedi and with times being the way they were he wanted to expose him to different things so he'd be experienced.

He threw up his hand reluctantly, "Wait one sec..." He said before he paused. "I'm no healer...and you can't teach an old dog new tricks.." he said turning his gaze back towards the woman in front of him. "But maybe if I provided you with a new dog..." he said letting his words run out.

"The boy, take him with you Monastery. He needs to get out in the field more and see things from another perspective."

Rebel perched up and looked confused, well him and Jed knew he enjoyed doing nothing..."Uhmm excuse me?"

The older man nodded, "Take him, teach him, and send him on back. Can I ask this of you?"

[member="Kat Rivers"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kat raised an eyebrow. Perhaps she had missed the Master and Apprentice relationship here. Even so. It seemed a strange request of a tutor.

"I am sorry. But if your friend does not wish to come?.."

An open ended rebuttal. It was now time for Rebel to defend himself like a man. Or to suffer for it.

[member="Rebel Sunka"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom