Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules / Limits On Swearing

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Howdy.

A few threads here and there have been subject to some edits / moderation after the use of swear words, either to describe people, an emotional state or general attitude to things.

As this board is PG-13, it sounds clear enough but to some can be very vague. Some PG-13 movies have 30/40+ uses of F-words, S-words and B-words, while others don't. What is the template and the comparison to this rating you may ask?

Currently we have the basic General Rule #5 on swearing, seen here:

http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/role-play-rules/general-rules-r20

And we also have a thread here about the topic:

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22657-star-wars-insults-and-expletives-learn-how-to-curse-in-the-star-wars-universe/

However it seems the rules and allowances are still greatly unknown to many, and not flexible enough for others, and I feel I should raise this matter for discussion so Writers can put their feelings and points across, while Staff can help keep the peace and confirm / deny what is and isn't permitted.

Rules are rules after all, but you make up our community so your views will be taken on board.

Now start the ******* questions you ******-*******.

:)

[member="Asterion"]
Perhaps pinning the topic on swearing? (I never saw it, to be honest). I replace my own swear words with equivalents in the Sith language, like Xealonera for the B word.

Kyla Foy

K
Gordon ramsay would not make any approval for this no swearing rule!
To be truthful same as Vitium I didn't know about it xD

PG 13+ GORDON RAMSAY RULES!!
http://youtu.be/ktaeJ1Yeh4g

I prefer to use non-swearing passive-aggression to convey my superior disdain of the peasants.

But then, I'm sorry that didn't occur to you, [member="Asterion"], I'm sure you know better.

:p

But seriously, the no swearing rule is enforced...so don't do it, please.

[member="Asterion"]

I think others should have enough maturity to ignore it or realize the character acts that way. However, OOC swears at someone and someone IC can sometimes show why Chaos has the rule. The star wars universe is full of all ages, that's why its unique but has restrictions I guess.

[member="Alask Diruno"]
The PG-13 rule does not specify IC or OOC, it applies equally to both.

Regardless if your character is a profane pirate you need to follow the rule, either by fading the black with the swearing or using acceptable Star Wars alternatives. That's all there is to it.

Drapeam here is known for swearing far more than anyone ever should. How do I do that in a PG-13 setting? Simple, I use *BEEP*s. That actually started out as a joke. I *BEEP*ed out a PG-13 appropriate word. Ever since then most, if not all, of her swears are censored. Even the ones that are allowed to be said. That way they're A: hidden from youngsters reading her stuff, and B: they can be replaced with pretty much anything. Using RL swears can be a bit weird in our SW universe, so BEEPing them out can allow people to assume that inside that censor is an actual SW swear. She's not saying *BEEP* she's saying that this piece of Sithspit is stupid.

Sometimes I do get afraid I'll forget to censor something one day though... Every *BEEP* does have a word I originally put there. They get written out in my head first, then written down on computer as *BEEP*s. Sometimes I almost write down the actual swear. Luckily I've managed to catch myself!

Tefka said:
I'm going to change the verbage on that soon. Think of it less PG-13, and more "Kid friendly Star Wars environment."

So if you cuss a lot in a Star Wars environment...

...Use Star Wars curse words, provided in this link: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22657-star-wars-insults-and-expletives-learn-how-to-curse-in-the-star-wars-universe/
It's now officially canon that behind every one of Nyx's *BEEP*s is a SW curse word. Something completely kid friendly that is censored simply because it can be.

Tefka said:
I'm going to change the verbage on that soon. Think of it less PG-13, and more "Kid friendly Star Wars environment."

So if you cuss a lot in a Star Wars environment...

...Use Star Wars curse words, provided in this link: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22657-star-wars-insults-and-expletives-learn-how-to-curse-in-the-star-wars-universe/

I think that is all the clarification we could all ask for. Kid friendly and PG-13 are with out a doubt different things. I think changing it to just "kid friendly" would clear up a lot. But that's just me.

[member="Darth Vitium"]
I mean, killing kids isn't swearing. It's a tad bit messed up on an OOC level, but it's not exactly the topic at hand. That would be regarding PG-13 Content beyond swearing.

[member="Logan of Little Coruscant"]
The PG-13 rule encompasses all things. That goes from from swearing to ERP (which is not allowed).

[member="Darth Vitium"]
Right, I'm not saying to disband the PG-13 rule. But this specific discussion is regarding swearing, not the rest of the content that falls under the PG-13 rating. What I understand is that Tefka wants basically 0 swearing, which is not PG-13 in rating. There is swearing in PG-13 movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom